• 1 234514
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The offer is back. Main offer requires $2500 spend in 90 days.
www.nflextrapoints.com/xlvii

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yes, this was an additional targeted bonus that has been discussed throughout the latest posts in this thread.

s3riously (Aug. 27, 2013 @ 5:23p) |

If i could give myself red I would. Apologies to all

monarch20 (Aug. 27, 2013 @ 5:33p) |

No worries, mate.  I usually quote my previous posts but just fired off a quick post for a data point.

s3riously (Aug. 27, 2013 @ 10:17p) |

*** Read the previous thread's 'Quick Summary' for point redemption information ***

Application Status:
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays

Barclay's (credit analyst) re-consideration #:
866-408-4064

*UPDATE* Feb 8, 2013 (evening)
All of the $400/$1000 links have expired.

Links to $400/$2500 offers (which should still be ACTIVE) can be found in TheDiggler's first post on PAGE 1 of this thread.

Links to previously listed $400/$1000 offers (most of which are now EXPIRED) can be found in a post by TheDiggler on PAGE 2 of this thread

Best way to redeem points is do a purchase for 410 and another for 590 (total of 1000). Will give you 41,000 points which can be redeemed for a statement credit on the 410 purchase.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm only seeing $100 CB.

This reminds me that I need to cancel this card. I haven't seen any of the bonus reward offers for existing users that some people have reported, so might as well cancel and wait for a good new-account offer.

If you had this card prior, are you eligible for these new offers?

no

Wrong link people.

$400 offer

Also, who wants to be the first to try to churn this? If it's like the US Air card, you can get a 2nd one and get the bonus again.

gloreglabert said:   Wrong link people.

$400 offer

Also, who wants to be the first to try to churn this? If it's like the US Air card, you can get a 2nd one and get the bonus again.

Thanks, I updated link.

Who are these guys pulling?

If I have a mastercard one from the previous promo, can I get a Visa Signature one this time around and still receive the bonus?

KYBOSH said:   Who are these guys pulling?

My other Barclay's card (not NFL) used a pull from Experian. In 2-3 weeks I'll add a data point as to whether they do an additional hard pull if you apply for a second card from them. Easy $400.

Edit: So, an old security freeze is why they likely pulled experian for me for my old barclay's card. It appears that I did NOT get a repeat credit pull for this new card! Both exp and TU stayed clean!

how difficult is it to get this card.

I was just denied of a US Bank due to recent inquiries, but I do have a good score and income.

Approved for $2500. Recently was declined by AMEX

From the terms at the bottom of the page:

From time to time, we may offer bonuses or points or other premiums to new NFL Extra Points Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and/or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, NFL Extra Points credit card members with Barclaycard. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points credit card accounts you open after your first account with Barclaycard is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your points by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

So, it sounds like you're taking a risk if you try to apply for one if you've already had one. Even if they award you the points, you could end up losing them or even having your account charged for the amount if you already spent them.

Thanks OP, approved for $3500. Applying for the first time.

Bonus Points: Cardmembers will receive a one time bonus award of forty thousand (40,000) points after at least $2,500 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) has been charged to the new account in the first ninety (90) days after account opening. Bonus Points will be posted within approximately thirty (30) days after the qualifying transaction. Use of Balance Transfer Checks or convenience checks will not qualify for any bonus points. The Balance Transfer is subject to the Balance Transfer Fee set forth in the Terms and Conditions. From time to time, we may offer bonuses or points or other premiums to new NFL Extra Points Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and/or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, NFL Extra Points credit card members with Barclaycard. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points credit card accounts you open after your first account with Barclaycard is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your points by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

This offer is available to new Cardmembers only. Damn, should have cancelled the card last time.

Thanks. First time applying for card, instantly approved.

k3naa said:   KYBOSH said:   Who are these guys pulling?

My other Barclay's card (not NFL) used a pull from Experian. In 2-3 weeks I'll add a data point as to whether they do an additional hard pull if you apply for a second card from them. Easy $400.

Barclay's pulls TransUnion initially 99% of the time. Sometimes they pull Experian as well during recon.

Actually i don think we would qualify anyway because they are not stating a definition of new customer vs old customer

Bonus Points: Cardmembers will receive a one time bonus award of forty thousand (40,000) points after at least $2,500 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) has been charged to the new account in the first ninety (90) days after account opening. Bonus Points will be posted within approximately thirty (30) days after the qualifying transaction. Use of Balance Transfer Checks or convenience checks will not qualify for any bonus points. The Balance Transfer is subject to the Balance Transfer Fee set forth in the Terms and Conditions. From time to time, we may offer bonuses or points or other premiums to new NFL Extra Points Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and/or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, NFL Extra Points credit card members with Barclaycard. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points credit card accounts you open after your first account with Barclaycard is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your points by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

isobro said:   This offer is available to new Cardmembers only. Damn, should have cancelled the card last time.

What the T&C say and what actually happens are two different things.

gloreglabert said:   What the T&C say and what actually happens are two different things.

Great, sounds like you have experience them and this bonus then. Please share.

I've gotten the bonus multiple times on other Barclays cards, but not this one. Trying to gather intel before pulling the trigger.

instant approval, first time getting this card. Thanks OP.

The one state that it isn't available in (Iowa) is where I live. Awesome.

I churned the last $400 offer successfully (3 times in the span of about 2 months). You want to close your existing NFL card before applying, else Barclay's tends to not give instant approval and will defer the app for manual review. Obviously you don't want that. Stay under the radar and the Barclay computers are happy to do the rest, unless they've changed something recently.

I already have Barclay's NFL Card. Can I apply for this offer?

Last time around, team-specific APPLICATION PAGES continued to work (for at least a few weeks) after Barclays terminated the offer.

Links below are as follows:

*EDIT* Added above to Quick Summary

Any indication how long this offer will be available? I just opened the Citi Thank You Premier card for a smaller bonus on $2500 in purchases. I'd like to finish that one off and then try this one again (got the NFL card last year too).

Instant approval. Thanks OP!

Thanks

how long should I wait after I cancel my current card to apply again?

dl73 said:   I churned the last $400 offer successfully (3 times in the span of about 2 months). You want to close your existing NFL card before applying, else Barclay's tends to not give instant approval and will defer the app for manual review. Obviously you don't want that. Stay under the radar and the Barclay computers are happy to do the rest, unless they've changed something recently.

Those closed accounts must be killing your scores.

Are you disputing them off or something?

Anyone every buy something from NFLshop.com with their current NFL rewards card? You are supposed to get 20% off NFLshop.com purchases, but I couldn't find any code.. I wasn't sure if its credited back on the statement?

instant approval for 7K.

dbond79 said:   This reminds me that I need to cancel this card. I haven't seen any of the bonus reward offers for existing users that some people have reported, so might as well cancel and wait for a good new-account offer.

It appears that even after canceling you are not eligible (see below). If you do chose to cancel it may be possible to transfer part of the credit line to another card. When I opened my Priceline card, I was able to get some of the line from this card transferred. A reason for keeping the unused card may be top keep this option. However, since my line is now reduced to $500 perhaps I should go ahead and cancel. I had been keeping it for possible offers to get me using it again. They had had one offer of a high percentage for a few categories, but since I would probably still be well below the limit for a redemption it did not bother.

Of course, if you are a fan of a team, you may like to keep it to pull out at a sport bar when watching their games. However, if using your card is likely to get you lynched at your favorite sports bar, perhaps you should cancel.

dl73 said:   I churned the last $400 offer successfully (3 times in the span of about 2 months). You want to close your existing NFL card before applying, else Barclay's tends to not give instant approval and will defer the app for manual review. Obviously you don't want that. Stay under the radar and the Barclay computers are happy to do the rest, unless they've changed something recently.

Did they have the anti-churning language then?

Wife was not instant approval, but she has great credit. hrmmm.

Approved, cool!

I've been too lazy to search for the previous thread, but I'm fairly sure the same question of previous cardholder eligibility came up. I don't know if the Ts&Cs had the exact same language then, but it was probably close enough that people were talking about the same issue...and I think they were all successful as dl73 apparently was.

Skipping 504 Messages...
monarch20 said:   
s3riously said:   
monarch20 said:   
s3riously said:   I have 10,000 new friends (rewards points) in my account, today...

Any idea what the source is? 

Yes, this was an additional targeted bonus that has been discussed throughout the latest posts in this thread.

If i could give myself red I would. Apologies to all

No worries, mate.  I usually quote my previous posts but just fired off a quick post for a data point.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014