• Text Only
I tried converting my Priceline Platinum Visa to a Priceline Visa Signature or the Upromise Mastercard, no go on either (I had to get the Priceline Visa Signature by applying again). I don't think Barclays does product conversions, which is a shame since they do have some pretty good credit cards.

kchunk said:   DW got rejected after calling the consideration line. The rep asked why she wanted a new card (already took the $400 after 1000 deal earlier). She said she needed a MC because Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa. Didn't work...he said she closed the other account too quickly...

Is it worth another call or is it a dead issue? Hate to think we wasted an inquiry.

Quick update...we waited about a week before I had her call again for reconsideration. This time they did open a MC account for her. I checked the Rewards earning potential online and there was no mention of the 400/2500 deal...however, after receiving the card yesterday, the enclosed paperwork did mention the $400 after $2500 spend and when I login in it also shows now under earning potential.

So, as many have proven here, a little patience and persistance works well with Barclay's.

Anyone ever been successful getting 2 Barclay cards in 1 AOR? There's some great products out there recently.
35k US Air no 1st year fee (used to be 40k no 1st year fee)
40k Arrivals card
40k NFL card
50k Lufthansa card (1st year fee)

What about downgrading any card when the 2nd year fee is almost due? E.g. Arrivals or Lufthansa card? Any luck?

I'm not downgrading US Air because it's negative annual fee, so I don't know about downgrades. Too bad that upgrades don't work as per JeebusSaves.

I applied and was approved for 3 Barclays cards all within 2 weeks. Had to call recon for the second and third but it was painless. NFL, SallieMae and Priceline. Credit score was in mid to high 700s. They pulled TU for me.

my wife got the card under this $400 bonus promotion and just now called to activate and they said her bonus is only 10000 points on first time use...
anyone else had this happen to them?

FWIW, I have two Barclays cards (both opened within last year). Tried for a 3rd yesterday, just called reconsideration line, they won't give me the 3rd (and I have great credit).

wilked said:   FWIW, I have two Barclays cards (both opened within last year). Tried for a 3rd yesterday, just called reconsideration line, they won't give me the 3rd (and I have great credit).

I was in the same situation (reconsideration line was no help) so I called to close one of the NFL cards and they ask why and I told them I was denied for the arrival card. The rep then said he could help me out and transferred me to someone who was able to approve the Arrival app after a few questions. $400 in travel credit just in time for a planned trip.

any active link for application? thanks.

Good news regarding Barclays new web site. You no longer have to redeem points for statement credit in $25 intervals. I just met my $2500 spending today and had 42,599 points in my account. I was very simply able to use every point toward a $425.99 statement credit!

I can confirm it.

I wonder if I can redeem my one left over point for 1 cent statement credit!

Neidman said:   I wonder if I can redeem my one left over point for 1 cent statement credit!

Lol, it doesn't look like it. I tried using their reward calculator for my 316 points and got an error that it was below the minimum required amount. I didn't see a mention of what the minimum actually is, however. Anyone?

I have 1000 points and got the same error. It is probably 2500 points being the min. I will wait to see if they have the 5x on groceries offer again to zero out.

It was $25 previously, probably still the minimum.

nwill002 said:   my wife got the card under this $400 bonus promotion and just now called to activate and they said her bonus is only 10000 points on first time use...

What did Barclay's say when you mentioned the 40,000 points offer?

My fiancee signed up for the card under the 40,000 points promotion the same time I did and they only credited her account with 10,000 bonus points. I signed up the same day as she did using the same FW link and I received 40,000 points. She has sent a couple of messages to escalate the issue and a supervisor is supposed to call her back within 24-48 hours. I would be extremely disappointed if she did not receive the 40,000 points and will report back with an update.

Neidman said:   I wonder if I can redeem my one left over point for 1 cent statement credit!

You sir are worthy of your FWF Senior Member status! I salute you.

tomamoroney said:   nwill002 said:   my wife got the card under this $400 bonus promotion and just now called to activate and they said her bonus is only 10000 points on first time use...

What did Barclay's say when you mentioned the 40,000 points offer?

My fiancee signed up for the card under the 40,000 points promotion the same time I did and they only credited her account with 10,000 bonus points. I signed up the same day as she did using the same FW link and I received 40,000 points. She has sent a couple of messages to escalate the issue and a supervisor is supposed to call her back within 24-48 hours. I would be extremely disappointed if she did not receive the 40,000 points and will report back with an update.

So after numerous phone calls with Barclay's they finally relented and gave my fiancee the extra 30,000 points. They were insistent that her application for the card mentioned only 10,000 points, but I signed up using the same exact link here and received the 40,000 without a problem. It took 4 phone calls and numerous secure messages on the Barclay's website so they really made her work for the bonus points.

Thats why you should really take screen shots of the app stating the bonus, i learned that from Imbatman,who seems to know most of these things. I needed the proof for a BOA 100.00 grocery card they said was never offered. Finally had to also work very hard for it.

I have 10,000 new friends (rewards points) in my account, today...

s3riously said:   I have 10,000 new friends (rewards points) in my account, today...

Me too.  Just checked thanks to your post.

s3riously said:   I have 10,000 new friends (rewards points) in my account, today...

Any idea what the source is? 

monarch20 said:   s3riously said:   I have 10,000 new friends (rewards points) in my account, today...

Yes, this was an additional targeted bonus that has been discussed throughout the latest posts in this thread.

s3riously said:   
monarch20 said:   

Yes, this was an additional targeted bonus that has been discussed throughout the latest posts in this thread.

If i could give myself red I would. Apologies to all

monarch20 said:   
s3riously said:   
monarch20 said:   

If i could give myself red I would. Apologies to all

No worries, mate.  I usually quote my previous posts but just fired off a quick post for a data point.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014