• Text Only
Here are some data points from my wife's card:

Applied 2/6/13 and was instantly approved.
Card arrived 2/15/13
Paid 4 bills online totalling $1000 on 2/16/13
Final Charge posted on 2/20/13
Redeemed $410 worth of rewards points on 2/21/13 (points balance exactly zero)

So it took a total of 15 days, and my $1000 in spending shows as $590 owed on my account. Good deal!

I thought this was going to be an "easy $400" but it's been otherwise for me. I got in on the $400/$2500 offer, and since activated the card they have placed holds on the card *four times* while I try to meet the spending requirement, the latest two for "high velocity of charges." They are now asking for an extremely convoluted scheme to verify my identity... we'll see how this goes.

Also, Amazon payments seems to have subtracted from my Available Cash Advance Line, even though "Goods/Services" was checked (I should be able to argue this once everything settles). Anyone else had this happen?

Stupid question, I looked on the previous thread but couldn't find the answer. Do you have to wait for the statement end date to use up the points for a statement credit? How do you actually use the points to get the credit?

Spent ~ $1K twice and $500 once. I received points about 2 days after the charges posted, but can't figure out how to use the points for a statement credit. Also, just for clarification, can I use the 42,500 points to take $425 off of a $500+ charge?

jetsfan92588 said:   Stupid question, I looked on the previous thread but couldn't find the answer. Do you have to wait for the statement end date to use up the points for a statement credit? How do you actually use the points to get the credit?

Spent ~ $1K twice and $500 once. I received points about 2 days after the charges posted, but can't figure out how to use the points for a statement credit. Also, just for clarification, can I use the 42,500 points to take $425 off of a $500+ charge?

See my post above yours. I redeemed mine the day after they posted. No need to wait for a statement. Just mouse over Rewards at the top of the screen, and select Redeem my Rewards.

Sorry again, but all I see when I click to redeem rewards is
Experiences, Merchandise, & Gift Cards
Don't miss your chance to experience the NFL up close. Choose from a variety of redemption options.

Then "redeem now" under that. When I click on that it takes me to the page where I can redeem for gift cards and NFL merchandise.

jetsfan92588 said:   Stupid question, I looked on the previous thread but couldn't find the answer. Do you have to wait for the statement end date to use up the points for a statement credit? How do you actually use the points to get the credit?

I believe you have to have points for the full amount of the charge, i.e. with 42,500 points you can only get credit for charges amounting to $425 or less.

ETA: Thanks renaud for correcting, in this case he would be left with 2500 points after the partial credit on the $500 charge.

kb2120 said:   jetsfan92588 said:   Stupid question, I looked on the previous thread but couldn't find the answer. Do you have to wait for the statement end date to use up the points for a statement credit? How do you actually use the points to get the credit?

I believe you have to have points for the full amount of the charge, i.e. with 42,500 points you can only get credit for charges amounting to $425 or less.

Not true. I had a charge of $785, and redeemed $350 worth of rewards for it. You can redeem in increments of $50 if its below the total charge amount.

jetsfan92588 said:   Sorry again, but all I see when I click to redeem rewards is
Don't miss your chance to experience the NFL up close. Choose from a variety of redemption options.

Then "redeem now" under that. When I click on that it takes me to the page where I can redeem for gift cards and NFL merchandise.

I have 2 "redeem now" buttoms to choose from. One on the right of the screen that goes to the NFL merchandise, and one on the left that is to "pay with points." Not sure why yours wouldn't have the pay with points option. Might want to contact Barclays.

k3naa said:   

Also, Amazon payments seems to have subtracted from my Available Cash Advance Line, even though "Goods/Services" was checked (I should be able to argue this once everything settles). Anyone else had this happen?

Anyone else had a problem with this? Makes me a worry a bit about trying it when I receive my card.

What's the difference between the cash advance line and the regular one?
I thought it was $1000/month no matter what...

barbcole said:   KYBOSH said:   nwill002 said:   vquasarv said:   I haven't read this thread as I got in on the previous offering, but I thought I would post this. If it has been previously discussed, please disregard.

I received some pretty nice balance transfer Checks In The Mail on this card. Here are the details:

Total of two checks. Both checks have same basic terms:

1. 0% APR until May 2014 (the sooner you cash it the more months you have).
2. Checks must post by March 23, 2013
3. 2% fee (not bad!)

However, on top of that:

4. The first check cashed raises your credit line by the amount of the check up to a maximum of $5,000.00

Obviously targeted, but keep your eyes open. It is always worth it to check the balance transfer check terms.

I got this offer too but dang I didnt catch the part where your CLI is based on the amount of the first BT check. I thought I could do the minimum $100 amount and get the full $5K increase

I wonder if you can simply deposit it into your account?
Not impressed by the idea of paying $100 for a CLI...

Yes, you can write it to yourself.

I just did mine last week which was different, $4,500 increase - 0% until August 2014, 3% fee.

I'll clear out the rest of a student loan at a higher interest than the effective rate on this and get a hard free CLI that can be useful in the future (transfer to future Barclay card offers). I like Barclay.

I received this as well (actually a set of checks for two separate cards). Seems like a great deal - I can boost the credit limit up to $12,500.00 for about a $110 fee for the transfer. I don't like carrying debt, but for $110 I'll have plenty of time to pay this off (about 14 months). I wish the on-going rewards program was better but at least the bonus ($400 X 2 cards) was almost instantaneous once meeting the criteria, and now they're offering one of the best balance transfer deals I've seen in awhile.

To follow up on my balance transfer checks... They actually increased the credit line by $300 MORE than they said they would... $5,300.00 in all.

vquasarv said:   To follow up on my balance transfer checks... They actually increased the credit line by $300 MORE than they said they would... $5,300.00 in all.maybe they said "increase by", not "increase to".

jetsfan92588 said:   Sorry again, but all I see when I click to redeem rewards is

I'm having the same issue. Already had my points posted but I don't have the option of redeeming for a statement credit. I have the jets card and I'm assuming you have one also?

Messing with Jets fans ? This just became my favorite bank ... lol

Anyone who did the 400/2500 offer - do you have an option for statement credit? I'm beginning to think none of us do.

renaud said:   jetsfan92588 said:   Sorry again, but all I see when I click to redeem rewards is

I have 2 "redeem now" buttoms to choose from. One on the right of the screen that goes to the NFL merchandise, and one on the left that is to "pay with points." Not sure why yours wouldn't have the pay with points option. Might want to contact Barclays.

Got that, but where does the money get credited to, the account or the merchant purchased from?

Joesh said:   Anyone who did the 400/2500 offer - do you have an option for statement credit? I'm beginning to think none of us do.

400/2500 for me (not the Jets, but the current super bowl champion team...) - no option to redeem for anything other than NFL stuff. I've sent a message through their secure system telling them the option seems to be missing.

I just pulled out the brochure that shipped with the card - it does say "1% Cash Back, travel and more: Redeem for statement credits on purchase of $25 or more."

vquasarv said:   To follow up on my balance transfer checks... They actually increased the credit line by $300 MORE than they said they would... $5,300.00 in all.

I'm glad they include the cushion - I was wondering how they would handle the 3% - i.e. I have a $10k limit and if I use the check to go $5000 over the limit - it would actually be $15450 after the transfer fee...

Joesh said:   Anyone who did the 400/2500 offer - do you have an option for statement credit? I'm beginning to think none of us do.

Same here - no options other than stupid NFL gear.

defjukie said:   Joesh said:   Anyone who did the 400/2500 offer - do you have an option for statement credit? I'm beginning to think none of us do.

That's surprising to hear. Did you guys check your T&C?

Is this your first or second card?

Did you call?

"Redeem My Rewards" page
Disclaimer
KYBOSH said:   defjukie said:   Joesh said:   Anyone who did the 400/2500 offer - do you have an option for statement credit? I'm beginning to think none of us do.

That's surprising to hear. Did you guys check your T&C?

Is this your first or second card?

Did you call?

I have the same... only NFL gear redemption showing up. I haven't collected enough points to redeem, so no phone calls yet. However, I double check the specific terms and conditions presented when I signed up: "Cardmembers may redeem Points for a variety of rewards including NFL gift cards, certain NFL merchandise, NFL collectibles, NFL based experiences, and Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days. All rewards selections are subject to availability. Statement credits will appear on the Account within one billing cycle after the Points are redeemed. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and you are required to make your minimum payment due. Statement credit redemptions cannot be changed, are non-refundable and non-transferable.To redeem Points for rewards, Cardmembers should visit www.mynflcard.com."

Summary:
No visible statement credit redemption option
offer: $400/$2500
T&C: indicates expected statement credit option
Second barclays card (first NFL card)
No phone call yet.

Edit: I added a screenshot of the "Redeem My Rewards" page that I see on screen. Where do people see the "Pay with Points" option?

It's my second card. Though I think everyone with the 400/2500 offer has the same problem right now, not just 2nd time cardholders - until someone can prove to me otherwise

fattywallace said:   renaud said:   jetsfan92588 said:   Sorry again, but all I see when I click to redeem rewards is

Got that, but where does the money get credited to, the account or the merchant purchased from?

Comes right off my card balance within 24hrs.

Joesh said:   It's my second card. Though I think everyone with the 400/2500 offer has the same problem right now, not just 2nd time cardholders - until someone can prove to me otherwise

+1 for me - I only get the redeem for NFL merchandise link. I am on the 400/2500 offer on my first card.

Here is a PDF of the offer and respective terms. Just in case we need it to fight for our statement credit.

My email through their secure system was answered. They apologize and give me the phone number to use for redemption of statement credit.

dchii said:   jetsfan92588 said:   Sorry again, but all I see when I click to redeem rewards is

I'm having the same issue. Already had my points posted but I don't have the option of redeeming for a statement credit. I have the jets card and I'm assuming you have one also?

Same issue with me. I have a Bears card.

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

I haven't seen a decline in years.
Reminds me of the good(bad) old days.

Called the recon line but they said they dont see the app in their system.
Will call back in a few hours.

edit to add:

Forgot to unfreeze my TU

mactv said:   Joesh said:   Anyone who did the 400/2500 offer - do you have an option for statement credit? I'm beginning to think none of us do.

400/2500 for me (not the Jets, but the current super bowl champion team...) - no option to redeem for anything other than NFL stuff. I've sent a message through their secure system telling them the option seems to be missing.

I just pulled out the brochure that shipped with the card - it does say "1% Cash Back, travel and more: Redeem for statement credits on purchase of $25 or more."

400/2500 here and both showed for me.

I have the issue with the 400/2500 offer on a Colts card. My wife already had a NFL card and her rewards link goes here:

Rewards Link

When I use that link while signed into my card, I get the following message: "No qualifying transactions at this time."

So I am guessing that there is some sort of issue with this offer recording qualified purchases. If someone calls in for redemption, can you update us on whether you had any problems doing the redemption by phone?

mactv said:   My email through their secure system was answered. They apologize and give me the phone number to use for redemption of statement credit.

Can we have the phone number? I'd like to just redeem over the phone I guess when the time comes.

Edit: I guess it's just the regular number 866-421-8004

Nope, not me or my wife. Annoying.

Sorry, am referring to not having the pay with points option on our 400/2500 offers. Thought I quoted someone above, but apparently did not.

Seems my previous card wasn't closed until today (even though I closed it the day before yesterday).
So the system didn't even pull my credit report.

Guy I talked to on the phone said he could push the application through but keep asking me why I got and cancelled the card and now wanted another one.
Asked me twice...

Then he ran the app and came back and said he was going to have to deny my application because of the amount of revolving debt I have showing ($15K 0% BTs)
Total BS! I've gotten top tier CCs this month with more than that showing. Plus my utilization is in the single digits.

Didn't want to get into it because it was obvious he was player-hating and upon looking at my file knew I probably didn't need a Barclay card and I was going to open, strip and close this card again.

May call for a recon to the recon but I'm not holding my breath.
So I guess the moral of the story is wait about a week from the day you close a previous account before applying.
Otherwise you may not get an instant approval as the old card is still showing as active.

Hi,

I applied through the 400/1000 offers. But now the link is gone, how do I know if they will still honor the offer? Is it in my account information?

Thanks,

With last year offer I had the same issue of not seeing statement credit redemption after purchases have been posted but only on one of the cards and not on other. Called and was told to wait till statement closes and then see if all worked. Sure did.
It does not mean that current issue will be resolved the same way but just to give data point to all as it seems a lot of people affected this time.

MoneyOCD said:   With last year offer I had the same issue of not seeing statement credit redemption after purchases have been posted but only on one of the cards and not on other. Called and was told to wait till statement closes and then see if all worked. Sure did.
It does not mean that current issue will be resolved the same way but just to give data point to all as it seems a lot of people affected this time.

My statement closed 3 days ago and I do not see the option for redeeming for statement credits.

Yeah something is up, their system is bugged for the 400/2500 offer...

Joesh said:   Yeah something is up, their system is bugged for the 400/2500 offer...

I agree. I will say they are the quickest CC Company at awarding points and bonus points I have ever come across. If only me and my wife had the pay with points option like we are supposed to. Easy 850+ bucks off of our vacation. They're good when you use the Rewards Boost Online Mall type place too, those points are quick as hell to come across as well. Got me some extra points on the purchase I was making anyways. Used a promotion code in which the fine print said would most likely cancel out the bonus points. it didn't. Impressed, if only they were better than 1 percent CB going forward. Hoping for some future offers from them after not using them for a bit.

k3naa said:   I thought this was going to be an "easy $400" but it's been otherwise for me. I got in on the $400/$2500 offer, and since activated the card they have placed holds on the card *four times* while I try to meet the spending requirement, the latest two for "high velocity of charges." They are now asking for an extremely convoluted scheme to verify my identity... we'll see how this goes.

Any update to your Amazon payments "cash advance" situation?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014