• 1 234514
  • Page
  • Text Only
Thanks

how long should I wait after I cancel my current card to apply again?

dl73 said:   I churned the last $400 offer successfully (3 times in the span of about 2 months). You want to close your existing NFL card before applying, else Barclay's tends to not give instant approval and will defer the app for manual review. Obviously you don't want that. Stay under the radar and the Barclay computers are happy to do the rest, unless they've changed something recently.

Those closed accounts must be killing your scores.

Are you disputing them off or something?

Anyone every buy something from NFLshop.com with their current NFL rewards card? You are supposed to get 20% off NFLshop.com purchases, but I couldn't find any code.. I wasn't sure if its credited back on the statement?

instant approval for 7K.

dbond79 said:   This reminds me that I need to cancel this card. I haven't seen any of the bonus reward offers for existing users that some people have reported, so might as well cancel and wait for a good new-account offer.

It appears that even after canceling you are not eligible (see below). If you do chose to cancel it may be possible to transfer part of the credit line to another card. When I opened my Priceline card, I was able to get some of the line from this card transferred. A reason for keeping the unused card may be top keep this option. However, since my line is now reduced to $500 perhaps I should go ahead and cancel. I had been keeping it for possible offers to get me using it again. They had had one offer of a high percentage for a few categories, but since I would probably still be well below the limit for a redemption it did not bother.

Of course, if you are a fan of a team, you may like to keep it to pull out at a sport bar when watching their games. However, if using your card is likely to get you lynched at your favorite sports bar, perhaps you should cancel.

dl73 said:   I churned the last $400 offer successfully (3 times in the span of about 2 months). You want to close your existing NFL card before applying, else Barclay's tends to not give instant approval and will defer the app for manual review. Obviously you don't want that. Stay under the radar and the Barclay computers are happy to do the rest, unless they've changed something recently.

Did they have the anti-churning language then?

Wife was not instant approval, but she has great credit. hrmmm.

Approved, cool!

I've been too lazy to search for the previous thread, but I'm fairly sure the same question of previous cardholder eligibility came up. I don't know if the Ts&Cs had the exact same language then, but it was probably close enough that people were talking about the same issue...and I think they were all successful as dl73 apparently was.

I know last time that several posters' applications (including mine) were automatically deferred for further review due to having any other Barclays card, such as US Airways card. Easy approval after calling the reconsideration line seemed to be the norm, though.

UPDATED Reconsideration line: 866-408-4064

signed up, instant approval, thanks OP.

dbond79 said:   I know last time that several posters' applications (including mine) were automatically deferred for further review due to having any other Barclays card, such as US Airways card. Easy approval after calling the reconsideration line seemed to be the norm, though.

Reconsideration line: 866-369-1283

Hmm... appears to be a number that is reserved for future use according to the message. I searched online and this is the number people have all around. Maybe they've changed it?

Last time I cancelled this card CSR kept me on phone forever with question this, why, maybe this, that .......

dbond79 said:   I've been too lazy to search for the previous thread, but I'm fairly sure the same question of previous cardholder eligibility came up.Previous thread

Last time, you click on rewards then program overview, in earning potential, it would show 40,000 points potential. I didn't see anything this time.

This time I applied for wife and got instant approval as well.

Deferred for a total of about 30 minutes, then approved for a low CL ($2,500). I also have another Barclays card...
($7,500 CL) that seems to be the pattern for non-immediate approval.

So, from what I remember last time you were able to have 2 NFL cards and have 2 bonuses. One Visa and one AMEX? I have a Visa right now and am tempted to grab an AMEX. Is this possible still? I remembered reading it on the previous thread.

I've captured the screen with the offer. So if anyone needs proof in 2-3 months to get their 40K points, PM me.

I got snail mailed the 40k promotion.

The email address to get the 40k is Dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439

And its spend 1000 in 90 days...which is a much better deal.

ankitgu said:   dbond79 said:   I know last time that several posters' applications (including mine) were automatically deferred for further review due to having any other Barclays card, such as US Airways card. Easy approval after calling the reconsideration line seemed to be the norm, though.

Reconsideration line: 866-369-1283

Hmm... appears to be a number that is reserved for future use according to the message. I searched online and this is the number people have all around. Maybe they've changed it?

I see what you mean. That was the number from the old thread that I used successfully, but that was several months ago now, and I am also getting a message saying it's reserved for future use by the Barclays Marketing Dept.

I'll update my message above to avoid inconveniencing people.

I found this number on an old post (Aug 2011) at MMS blog: 866-408-4064

Answers with a message saying the credit department is currently closed. Sounds promising...at least for normal business hours. Someone who's actually applying during this round will have to confirm.

Someone better at computers than me can probably find some other 400/1000 offers using some sort of a script. I found these ones just by changing the last 2 digits, I went from 00-99. A few other NFL offers popped up but said they were expired. Strange, but the http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/XXXXX seems to lead to a ton of different offers (mostly all expired or dead links though). It would be cool to see what we could find if someone had a way to sweep through them all, from 0000 to 9999.

http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9452 - Falcons 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9447 - Raiders 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439 - Dolphins 400/1000

gloreglabert said:   I've gotten the bonus multiple times on other Barclays cards, but not this one. Trying to gather intel before pulling the trigger.

are you referring to USAir card?

Yep.

Thanks. Approved!

CAPTKEN28 said:   I got snail mailed the 40k promotion.

The email address to get the 40k is Dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439


It took me about 5 minutes to figure out why you were applying for a Dolphin Sex Trapoints card!

vnuts21 said:   CAPTKEN28 said:   I got snail mailed the 40k promotion.

The email address to get the 40k is Dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439


It took me about 5 minutes to figure out why you were applying for a Dolphin Sex Trapoints card!


Thats the one that gets me the most sex tra points! of course.

Joesh said:   Someone better at computers than me can probably find some other 400/1000 offers using some sort of a script. I found these ones just by changing the last 2 digits, I went from 00-99. A few other NFL offers popped up but said they were expired. Strange, but the http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/XXXXX seems to lead to a ton of different offers (mostly all expired or dead links though). It would be cool to see what we could find if someone had a way to sweep through them all, from 0000 to 9999.

http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9452 - Falcons 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9447 - Raiders 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439 - Dolphins 400/1000


I ran a script and looked at everything from 9452 and on to 10293 and there are some offers but nothing good.

Arris1 said:   Joesh said:   Someone better at computers than me can probably find some other 400/1000 offers using some sort of a script. I found these ones just by changing the last 2 digits, I went from 00-99. A few other NFL offers popped up but said they were expired. Strange, but the http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/XXXXX seems to lead to a ton of different offers (mostly all expired or dead links though). It would be cool to see what we could find if someone had a way to sweep through them all, from 0000 to 9999.

http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9452 - Falcons 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9447 - Raiders 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439 - Dolphins 400/1000


I ran a script and looked at everything from 9452 and on to 10293 and there are some offers but nothing good.


Can you please teach me how to do that?

HiLine said:   Arris1 said:   Joesh said:   Someone better at computers than me can probably find some other 400/1000 offers using some sort of a script. I found these ones just by changing the last 2 digits, I went from 00-99. A few other NFL offers popped up but said they were expired. Strange, but the http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/XXXXX seems to lead to a ton of different offers (mostly all expired or dead links though). It would be cool to see what we could find if someone had a way to sweep through them all, from 0000 to 9999.

http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9452 - Falcons 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9447 - Raiders 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439 - Dolphins 400/1000


I ran a script and looked at everything from 9452 and on to 10293 and there are some offers but nothing good.


Can you please teach me how to do that?


It's quite simple, excel+iframes,I will run 9k to 9400 for you guys to let u know if something is there in a bit

I only found these for NFL card but they're targeted...
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9003
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9131
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9267
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9414
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8140
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8484 through 8488 - BILLS
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8733
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8743

NOT TARGETED
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8253 - bengals 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8860 - falcons 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7111 - Packers 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7269 - Eagles 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7398 - Redskins 400/1000

anyways you guys get the point...i haven't found any better offers

Here's a compilation of $400/$1000 offers (some posted above, others thanks to kun @ SD):

Atlanta Falcons
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8860
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9452

Baltimore Ravens
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/5865

Buffalo Bills
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/1260 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/6628
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8484 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

Chicago Bears
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9003 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

Cincinnati Bengals
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3585 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4034 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7286
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8253

Cleveland Browns
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4608
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/6855 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

Detriot Lions
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4087
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/5499

Denver Broncos
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4376
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4760
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/5460

Green Bay Packers
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7111
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8140 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9131 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

Indianapolis Colts
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/1233 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3563
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3771
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9267 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

Miami Dolphins
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/2076
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/5257 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439

Minnesota Vikings
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4567
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8743 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

New England Patriots
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3330
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8194

New Orleans Saints
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3284
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3416
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3475 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

Oakland Raiders
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3066
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/3261 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9447

Philadelphia Eagles
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7269

Pittsburgh Steelers
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4525
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/5004

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/1953 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/4651
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/5049

Washington Redskins
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7398
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/8733 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

---------------------------------------------

Non Team Specific 20,000 Point Offer
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9414 (requires Last Name & Pesonal ID Code)

Arris1 said:   

It's quite simple, excel+iframes,I will run 9k to 9400 for you guys to let u know if something is there in a bit


Thanks! How do you sift through the sites though?

The Diggler -- How did you make sure about the 400/1000 offer ? When I click on the links, I do not see any verbiage.

Thx

sunrise said:   The Diggler -- How did you make sure about the 400/1000 offer ? When I click on the links, I do not see any verbiage.

Thx


Click on the link, then click on terms and offers.

Control F and search string 'bonus'

You will see it.. $1000 spending

Thanks guys, special thanks 2 TheDiggler, I was waiting for this offer for quite some time.
Just applied for Philly Eagles card with 400/1000 promo, made all relevant screenshots during application process (in case I have to fight for this bonus with Barclays), got instantly approved (for quite a toy limit though).
I plan to squeeze $400 out of this card and close it right away.

Any idea of how long this offer will last? I plan on doing a HEL at the end of the month and don't feel like explaining away credit inquiries if I don't have to.

I just applied for Phily eagles card and got approved instantly. Thank you.

Awesome, $7,500 instant approval for $400 with $1000 spend of 90 days. Looks like it hit TU. Any idea if my wife should get one immediately, or wait a few weeks?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014