• Text Only
I did redeem the full $400 for one purchase and now I have 1000 points just lying there.
Any ideas on how I can redeem those? What's the minimum number of points that can be redeemed for purchases?

renaud said:   The simplest way to avoid losing the $10 is to not redeem the full $400 on a large purchase. Redeem $350 into the big one, and then make another purchase of $60 to use up the rest. I made a $60 payment online towards my Comcast bill, but you could also spend $60 at a gas station or similar. I spent exactly $1000 on my card, redeemed $410 of rebates, and have exactly 0 points remaining. There's no reason to leave the $10 on the table.

sredni said:   I did redeem the full $400 for one purchase and now I have 1000 points just lying there.
Any ideas on how I can redeem those? What's the minimum number of points that can be redeemed for purchases?

Very first sentence of Quick Summary:
*** Read the previous thread's 'Quick Summary' for point redemption information ***

biglittle said:   Does this card have any kind of BT offer with it?

Not upon initial account opening... but some (myself included) have received some good balance transfer check options. If you dig in the thread there is more info.

My other Barclays cards (obtained in 2012) are now offering me 0% 1 year offers with 2% fee. I hope the NFL cards will be doing this soon too.

They've also been pretty generous with credit line increases. Call the CSR if you get a check. Tell them you wanted to pull a $10k check but your CL is only $7,500. When I did that, they gave me $15K. It's not as good as when AMEX was on crack, but it's pretty good.

debentureboy said:   My other Barclays cards (obtained in 2012) are now offering me 0% 1 year offers with 2% fee. I hope the NFL cards will be doing this soon too.

They've also been pretty generous with credit line increases. Call the CSR if you get a check. Tell them you wanted to pull a $10k check but your CL is only $7,500. When I did that, they gave me $15K. It's not as good as when AMEX was on crack, but it's pretty good.
My NFL card from the initial $400/1000 bonus offer now shows a BT offer and so does my mom's -- stopped using the card after getting the $400 bonus, but logged in few weeks ago to check on a small charge and saw the offers (don't want them to close the card due to inactivity so making a small charge every 4-5 months)

My NFL card shows:
(1) 0% Promotional APR through May 1, 2014, after that a variable 17.74%.
2% Balance Transfer Fee ($5.00 minimum / no maximum)
Transaction must post by 04/2/13.
(2) 0% Promotional APR through August 1, 2014, after that a variable 17.74%.
3% Balance Transfer Fee ($5.00 minimum / no maximum)

My mom's NFL card shows:
(1) 0% Promotional APR through May 1, 2014, after that a variable 22.74%.
3% Balance Transfer Fee ($5.00 minimum / no maximum)

I signed up using the link on page 1. Generic NFL extra points link

Approved instantly for a limit of $2300. Card showed up online but when I am looking under T&C, I am only seeing 10000 bonus pts after $2500 in first 90 days. Anyone else has a similar experience? This is my second card, first was approved in August/Sept 2012 which was cancelled last week.

I have the 2500/400 offer and have no redemption options except for the NFL thing. I have made the $2500 spend. The woman on the phone put me on hold several times and didn't seem to have a clue. She claims that once my new statement generates that I will be able to apply my points for statement credit. So if I make a payment of 2100 and leave a 400 balance will I be able to apply points to get the 400 credit? She said yes but I am not confident in her saying that. Anyone have experience with the 2500/400 offer?

I had exactly the same experience. The customer service (sounded like filipino accent) was completely clueless and didn't even know the basic US credit card practices. They opened up a case and told me to check back in 7-10 days. I also ended up sending a secure mail via their account. The response that I got was to contact extra points redemption. When I called extrapoints redemption, they asked me to call credit card customer service again ... go figure. So finally, I sent a strongly worded secure email to them and waiting for a response.

By the way, you should be able to redeem the full 425 (400 bonus + 25 from the 2500 purchase you did).

Yea they are clueless. I didn't make one purchase for $2500 though. There were about 8 transactions. I am worried if I make a $2100 payment and leave a $400 balance when my statement cuts that I will have to make more charges to redeem all of my points.

Can someone who was able to successfully redeem points for a statement credit post the URL it goes to, so those of us who are missing the option can try it?

Maybe you can make a $500 dollar purchase, immediately pay it off before the balance cuts, and then do your other 2000 dollars worth so you can have a balance for crediting when it's time.

Ironically, I got approved for this with a $2400 dollar line (?!) so I'm likely to do something like that..

klep said:   Can someone who was able to successfully redeem points for a statement credit post the URL it goes to, so those of us who are missing the option can try it?
See my post with the link towards the bottom of page 8. It won't help you with redeeming your points, but likely shows that the source of the issue is with the mishandling of transactions. Sort of ridiculous that Barclay has allowed this to continue now for so long.

greatpgmr said:   
See my post with the link towards the bottom of page 8. It won't help you with redeeming your points, but likely shows that the source of the issue is with the mishandling of transactions. Sort of ridiculous that Barclay has allowed this to continue now for so long.

Thanks -- forgot about that one. My experience is the same as yours -- no transactions. Sigh.

Horseymen said:   Maybe you can make a $500 dollar purchase, immediately pay it off before the balance cuts, and then do your other 2000 dollars worth so you can have a balance for crediting when it's time.

Ironically, I got approved for this with a $2400 dollar line (?!) so I'm likely to do something like that..

We also got approved for a limit of $2400

Do some purchases (not through their mall or whatever) earn 2x points? Looks like I got double points for paying my DirecTV bill. I checked the T&Cs and it didn't seem to mention anything.

trekwars2000 said:   Do some purchases (not through their mall or whatever) earn 2x points? Looks like I got double points for paying my DirecTV bill. I checked the T&Cs and it didn't seem to mention anything.

If I were them, I'd offer 10x points because nobody can seem to redeem them anyway.

Just earned 42501 points. Rep could not apply statement credit over the phone. She said that I had "no qualifying transactions" but it was a "system glitch on their end" and I had to wait until my next statement closing to try again. Also she opened up a case # for me.

I'll send a SM and see what happens next. This is ridiculous.

I wonder if they think the "glitch" is the fact that they thought they ended the $400 promo and are trying to get out of it somehow. If you go directly to the current promo page you get an offer for $100 after first use. I realize the OP $400 link is still active, even today.

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/nfl-credit-card/

trekwars2000 said:   Do some purchases (not through their mall or whatever) earn 2x points? Looks like I got double points for paying my DirecTV bill. I checked the T&Cs and it didn't seem to mention anything.

It's in the T&C for my card and at http://www.nflextrapoints.com/nfl-credit-card/: 2 points for purchases with DirectTV, NFLshop.com, NFL team-owned stores, and NFL stadiums.

I also couldn't see any purchases to redeem. I called on Friday and asked them about it; they opened up a case number and told me I'd hear back in 7-10 business days. Today (Monday) I got two emails: one for a $400 redemption and one for a $25 redemption. They've already posted.

(I applied for the $2500 spend card. I did not have a $400 purchase, but did have a $425 purchase [also several more over $500 and a ~$30 purchase]. The "pay with points" option has appeared now that they've redeemed my points.)

I got a case opened up through live chat on Thursday evening and haven't gotten anything yet

I got anxious and I called Barclays again regarding the statement credit.

It looks like they go by the amount of points that POST on your statement balance.

While other cc companies like Chase give you your rewards points AFTER posting on statement balance, Barclays seems to show you the points earned mid cycle. I was told the reason I couldn't redeem for any statement credit or NFL merchandise was because when my statement closed, the points earned during that statement did not hit the minimum threshold of 2500 points ($25 credit).

I was assured that if I wait until the next statement posting that the points earned will now all be available for statement credit (or NFL merchandise). Supervisor told me that there was nothing that could be done until the next statement posting day. I'll just patiently keep waiting for now.

yOyOYoo said:   I got anxious and I called Barclays again regarding the statement credit.

It looks like they go by the amount of points that POST on your statement balance.

While other cc companies like Chase give you your rewards points AFTER posting on statement balance, Barclays seems to show you the points earned mid cycle. I was told the reason I couldn't redeem for any statement credit or NFL merchandise was because when my statement closed, the points earned during that statement did not hit the minimum threshold of 2500 points ($25 credit).

I was assured that if I wait until the next statement posting that the points earned will now all be available for statement credit (or NFL merchandise). Supervisor told me that there was nothing that could be done until the next statement posting day. I'll just patiently keep waiting for now.

This is what I was told too. Lo and behold, my statement closed and I still don't have the option for a statement credit. YMMV, but they seem completely inept.

Can I use this card to purchase American Express Gift cards/ checks that are free of fees and shipping ( as mentioned in other thread) and count towards the purchase? Thanks.

Another data point: My last transaction posted today along with the bonus points and I was able to redeem them online with no issue. This was a $1000 spend card.

doveroftke said:   Another data point: My last transaction posted today along with the bonus points and I was able to redeem them online with no issue. This was a $1000 spend card.

lol

This is what I was told too. Lo and behold, my statement closed and I still don't have the option for a statement credit. YMMV, but they seem completely inept.

DOH. Sounds like we need to find a rep who knows how to help us.

Anyone close their card yet? I'm wondering if I can do it through email, don't feel like explaining to the rep why I have 2 cards.

I sent a secure message to their customer service asking to redeem my points for a statement credit. They responded to call them at their rewards department, which after two separate 1.5 hr calls they never answered. So I secured messaged them again and now they opened up a case number.

"Dear xxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We apologize if you are unable to connect to one of our representatives over the phone; however, we can certainly address your request to redeem your points towards a statement credit on your account.

We have forwarded a case for review, noting your request to redeem 42,500 points towards a statement credit and please allow a maximum of 30 days for completion. For future reference, the case ID is xxxxxxxx. We will appreciate your patience while we are working for a resolution on your request. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service"

DropDeadDeal said:   I sent a secure message to their customer service asking to redeem my points for a statement credit. They responded to call them at their rewards department, which after two separate 1.5 hr calls they never answered. So I secured messaged them again and now they opened up a case number.

"Dear xxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We apologize if you are unable to connect to one of our representatives over the phone; however, we can certainly address your request to redeem your points towards a statement credit on your account.

We have forwarded a case for review, noting your request to redeem 42,500 points towards a statement credit and please allow a maximum of 30 days for completion. For future reference, the case ID is xxxxxxxx. We will appreciate your patience while we are working for a resolution on your request. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service"

By what they stated it appears they expect one to leave at least a $425 balance hanging into the next statement cycle leaving it susceptible to finance charges. Yes?

It sounds like it. My statement isn't due until April 2 so I will wait it out and hopefully they'll apply the credit before then.

For those who cannot redeem points for statement credits now, you can apply the statement credits against transactions in the past 90 days. So I suppose you can pay off your balance first, redeem points for the statement credits, then request a refund check for the negative balance.

depreshun said:   By what they stated it appears they expect one to leave at least a $425 balance hanging into the next statement cycle leaving it susceptible to finance charges. Yes?

wesleman said:   For those who cannot redeem points for statement credits now, you can apply the statement credits against transactions in the past 90 days. So I suppose you can pay off your balance first, redeem points for the statement credits, then request a refund check for the negative balance.

depreshun said:   By what they stated it appears they expect one to leave at least a $425 balance hanging into the next statement cycle leaving it susceptible to finance charges. Yes?

That's what I was thinking too. I guess the only snag would be if they stipulated there had to be a current balance to apply the credit towards. That would of course not make me a happy camper.

That is my fear as well. Barclay's rewards system is awful. I've got 900 points on another card that I can't cash out without spending a lot.

mactv said:   That is my fear as well. Barclay's rewards system is awful. I've got 900 points on another card that I can't cash out without spending a lot.

I wonder if they can combine the points. I have some points sitting in the other NFL card as well.

niniss said:   I wonder if they can combine the points. I have some points sitting in the other NFL card as well.

Please don't call and ask them. They seem quite fragile and lack the ability to perform the basic operation with these points. Your question could push them over the edge.

Datapoint: I just applied for the $400 statement credit with $2500 spend through the link in the OP and got instant approval.

I got a call yesterday from their CS department, they were informing me that my 42,500 points had been redeemed for $425 statement credit.
Checked my account today, and sure enough, there it was.

I had previously only sent them an online message about the issue (never called). So there IS hope for the rest of you.

depreshun said: Dear Depreshun :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We are sorry to hear that you are unable to redeem your points online; however, we can certainly address your inquiry.

Our records show that there is an issue wherein the "Statement Credit" option is not available online; we are currently working to fix this. We do understand the frustration of waiting for this issue to be resolved; however, we are asking for your continued patience while we are working for the resolution.

To facilitate your redemption request, we ask that you respond to this message with the amount of points you wish to redeem and the purchase where you wish to apply the credits. Once a response is received, we will process a manual redemption within 7 to 10 business days. Please keep in mind that a credit does not constitute a payment, and you are still required to make your minimum payment due.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

defjukie said:   I got a call yesterday from their CS department, they were informing me that my 42,500 points had been redeemed for $425 statement credit.
Checked my account today, and sure enough, there it was.

I had previously only sent them an online message about the issue (never called). So there IS hope for the rest of you.

When did you send the message?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014