• Text Only
defjukie said:   I got a call yesterday from their CS department, they were informing me that my 42,500 points had been redeemed for $425 statement credit.
Checked my account today, and sure enough, there it was.

I had previously only sent them an online message about the issue (never called). So there IS hope for the rest of you.

Did your statement show 42,500 points earned during the billing cycle?

Being that the Barclays US Airways card has been successfully churned by many, was wondering if the same is true with this Barclays NFL card. Any FW members have experience with receiving bonus more than once with this particular card? Thanks

delete please

I will spare you all the additional moronic responses I received by their secure message system. In the end, a painful and long phone conversation with a CSR yielded a support claim reference # and the promise that the points would be applied within 7-10 business days. Hopefully, I will have my credits on Monday, like another recent "same scenario" post mentioned. I plan to cancel the card as soon as the credit is applied and will use their horrendous web site issue and absent support as the reason for cancellation. Perhaps their retention department will be interested to make generous offers due to the depth of this mess?

Looks like they are trying to make redemption as painful as possible so ppl wont try for another card.

KYBOSH said:   Looks like they are trying to make redemption as painful as possible so ppl wont try for another card.

Perhaps... It's a bit of a PITA but would I do it again for another $425? .....yep! lol My name is Depreshun, and I am a bonus churn junkie.

Sorry if this is a silly question, brand new here. I followed one of the links on page 1 (application page for Detroit Lions) and in the terms and conditions it lists the 40,000 bonus points after $2500 spend in first 90 days. Does that mean I will get the 40,000 points even though the offer appears to be expired on the main page (well it's down to 10,000 points)? Thank you!!

Going on over a week now since case ID opened, haven't heard anything yet. No points redeem at all.

mihiker said:   Sorry if this is a silly question, brand new here. I followed one of the links on page 1 (application page for Detroit Lions) and in the terms and conditions it lists the 40,000 bonus points after $2500 spend in first 90 days. Does that mean I will get the 40,000 points even though the offer appears to be expired on the main page (well it's down to 10,000 points)? Thank you!!

You should be able to get 40,000 points after $2500 spend in the first 90 days.

Now whether or not you can do anything with those 40,000 points by the time you spend $2500...

Thank you for the quick reply. Sounds like folks have been having a grand time trying to redeem for statement credit. I may go ahead and try, $400 is $400 (I hope!)

Just applied, again verified terms are 40,000 points after $2500 (saved those to be sure!) and approved for a good limit. Here's hoping!

mihiker said:   Just applied, again verified terms are 40,000 points after $2500 (saved those to be sure!) and approved for a good limit. Here's hoping!

Make sure one of your purchases is for $425 (or smaller ones that add up to exactly $425). You will be able to get $25 extra for the 1% Cash Back on the $2500 in purchases...

depreshun said:   mihiker said:   Just applied, again verified terms are 40,000 points after $2500 (saved those to be sure!) and approved for a good limit. Here's hoping!

Make sure one of your purchases is for $425 (or smaller ones that add up to exactly $425). You will be able to get $25 extra for the 1% Cash Back on the $2500 in purchases...

Thank you very much!!

yOyOYoo said:   defjukie said:   I got a call yesterday from their CS department, they were informing me that my 42,500 points had been redeemed for $425 statement credit.
Checked my account today, and sure enough, there it was.

I had previously only sent them an online message about the issue (never called). So there IS hope for the rest of you.

Did your statement show 42,500 points earned during the billing cycle?

yes, in fact the points showed up a couple days after I hit the spending requirement. Also, when the points were applied by the CSR it doesn't look like they were applied against a specific purchase. Just looks like they posted it against my account balance.

Can anyone who has had this card before state what happens when you apply points to already paid for charges incurred in the previous billing cycle? Do you receive a refund check or will the current month's payment balance be reduced?

Thanks.

wesleman said:   For those who cannot redeem points for statement credits now, you can apply the statement credits against transactions in the past 90 days. So I suppose you can pay off your balance first, redeem points for the statement credits, then request a refund check for the negative balance.

this is stupid

I got my new statement and of course my option to redeem for statement credit was not there as they said it would be over the phone. I sent a secure message and they said they apologize and they are aware of the issue. They asked how many points I wanted to apply and they would apply a manual credit. Responded I wanted the full point balance applied. Will update once they do this.

Not seeing what the issue is here - opened accounts for wife and I last month, met spend on both (two charges were $410 each for Amazon GCs), got the points right after spends were met, went online and applied points to GC purchases last week before statement closed. Credits were applied within 2 days and show up on new statements.

Easiest $820 we've made on a couple of cards in a while, thanks OP.

It's people who applied under the $400/$2500 Bonus/Purchase that are having problem redeeming points for statement credits.

For those applied under the $400/$1,000 Bonus/Purchase, no one has had such a problem IIRC.

GTFan said:   Not seeing what the issue is here - opened accounts for wife and I last month, met spend on both (two charges were $410 each for Amazon GCs), got the points right after spends were met, went online and applied points to GC purchases last week before statement closed. Credits were applied within 2 days and show up on new statements.

Easiest $820 we've made on a couple of cards in a while, thanks OP.

jt6565 said:   I got my new statement and of course my option to redeem for statement credit was not there as they said it would be over the phone. I sent a secure message and they said they apologize and they are aware of the issue. They asked how many points I wanted to apply and they would apply a manual credit. Responded I wanted the full point balance applied. Will update once they do this.

Same here. They previously promised that it would be taken off on the next statement, which just posted, and the points are still there, no credit.

4th email sent. I'll be calling this evening. Such a pain. BBB and Attorney General of Delaware (VP Biden's son) are next steps.

Today I woke up with 42,500 less points but no statement credit for $425

Joesh said:   Today I woke up with 42,500 less points but no statement credit for $425

That shite ain't funny... I sure hope they are transitioning to statement credits. Please keep us updated.

Joesh said:   Today I woke up with 42,500 less points but no statement credit for $425

My account was in that state for a day. My balance went down the next day.

GTFan said:   Not seeing what the issue is here - opened accounts for wife and I last month, met spend on both (two charges were $410 each for Amazon GCs), got the points right after spends were met, went online and applied points to GC purchases last week before statement closed. Credits were applied within 2 days and show up on new statements.

Do you think those of us who are having problems are making them up?

2500/400 Accounts haven't been coded correctly. We aren't given the redemption option for points. Most of us just have the NFL Merch. screen to redeem - and some the 2500/400ers can't even get that to work.

We also enter into an endless finger pointing loop of Barclays saying call the NFL people for redemption and the NFL people saying call Barclays.

See the issue now?

protomenace said:   Joesh said:   Today I woke up with 42,500 less points but no statement credit for $425

My account was in that state for a day. My balance went down the next day.

Same here saw the credit the next day.

jt6565 said:   I got my new statement and of course my option to redeem for statement credit was not there as they said it would be over the phone. I sent a secure message and they said they apologize and they are aware of the issue. They asked how many points I wanted to apply and they would apply a manual credit. Responded I wanted the full point balance applied. Will update once they do this.

I figured this would happen.

I just got off the phone with CSR who told me to continue to wait until the next statement closes. I'll send another secure message.

So what seems to be the best course of action here? Having called and sent two (unanswered) secure messages, how should I elevate this?

This is the latest from them,

Dear xxx:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the rewards redemption on your account.

We are aware of the online issue wherein the option for statement credit redemption is unavailable. We show that a case has been forwarded for review on March 11, 2013. Please allow a maximum of 30 days for completion. We do understand the frustration of waiting for this issue to be resolved; however, we still need to ask for your continued patience while we are working for resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

sureshkumarksk said:   This is the latest from them,

Dear xxx:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the rewards redemption on your account.

We are aware of the online issue wherein the option for statement credit redemption is unavailable. We show that a case has been forwarded for review on March 11, 2013. Please allow a maximum of 30 days for completion. We do understand the frustration of waiting for this issue to be resolved; however, we still need to ask for your continued patience while we are working for resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Just more of the same crap they have been spewing. At least I don't have to think much for an explanation why I am closing the account (after I get me money's of course!)

mactv said:   GTFan said:   Not seeing what the issue is here - opened accounts for wife and I last month, met spend on both (two charges were $410 each for Amazon GCs), got the points right after spends were met, went online and applied points to GC purchases last week before statement closed. Credits were applied within 2 days and show up on new statements.

Do you think those of us who are having problems are making them up?

2500/400 Accounts haven't been coded correctly.

Lighten up Francis, I didn't realize it only affected the latecomers.

Here's my update SM response:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Platinum. We can certainly address the rewards redemption on your account.

Welcome to the BarclaycardUS family of credit cards! We have identified an issue wherein the statement credit redemption option on the website is missing. This comments by our customers have been forwarded to our Website Technical Assistance for correction.

As of today, we have forwarded your request to redeem points for statement credits. The statement credit will appear as a "Credit Amount" on your statement within one billing cycle after the points are redeemed. A statement credit does not constitute a payment, and you are still required to make your minimum payment due. We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

yOyOYoo said:   Here's my update SM response:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Platinum. We can certainly address the rewards redemption on your account.

Welcome to the BarclaycardUS family of credit cards! We have identified an issue wherein the statement credit redemption option on the website is missing. This comments by our customers have been forwarded to our Website Technical Assistance for correction.

As of today, we have forwarded your request to redeem points for statement credits. The statement credit will appear as a "Credit Amount" on your statement within one billing cycle after the points are redeemed. A statement credit does not constitute a payment, and you are still required to make your minimum payment due. We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

I can certainly address their level of incompetence... =]

Just got a phone call (left voicemnail) from someone from the NFL rewards department that received a case that I had a problem redeeming my points. They said they corrected the issue and I can redeem my points in the future. Also they will manually give me a statement credit of $425, which should be reflected in my next billing statement.

I just logged into my account to see 0 rewards points total and $425 existing balance. I won't trip out about this because previous users have shared they received their statement credit the next day.

All it took was 3 frustrating phone calls to customer service and 2 secure messages. What a hassle. I'm probably going to try to product convert this card into the Barclays Priceline Visa 2% card in a few months.

In regard to my problem with redeeming points for a statement credit after responding to the 400/2500 offer:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We understand your concern and apologize if you have received anything less than superior service from us.

We have submitted a follow up rewards case today to speed up your redemption request. Please allow us 7-10 business days to complete this request. Kindly take note of this new case ID number XXXXXXX for your reference. We ask for your continued patience and understanding.

We strive for excellence and appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this feedback. We will ensure that your comments are forwarded to the appropriate department.

This is my third case number in 10 days! Sooooooooo frustrating !!!!!!

Wow. I was happy to finally get a case number. If you've had 3 of them, I guess that # is meaningless.

I called CS and asked if I could get a statement credit for my 42,600 points. They put me on hold for 45 seconds and came back with notice that I was credited ($425) and it would show up on my next statement. Be sure to pay at least the minimum required, they said, to avoid a late fee.

So even though my available credit is max I need to pay the minimum payment of $20 and just give my account a $20 credit?

WooHOo! Finally got my $425 statement credit! Now my balance shows as -$0.01.

Barclays can keep that penny.

yOyOYoo said:   
Barclays can keep that penny.

For their excellent customer service

Woah the CSR WILL try to run you through the ringer. This gal made me find and read the Full Terms and Conditions (after she tried to tell me that the statement credit ONLY applied to NFL purchases!) Thanks to FW for posting and keeping them!

Notes -

1. Get your case number and DO NOT let them transfer you to the "rewards department" (which is the NFL shop number - load of crap)
2. Ask them to send a note to the rewards department that you are requesting a full statement of X amount for your points (so for me, $425 for 42,500 points).
3. Have the T&C page in this thread in hand and be prepared to read this part:

Redemption Options: Cardmembers may redeem Points for a variety of rewards including NFL gift cards, certain NFL merchandise, NFL collectibles, NFL based
experiences, and Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days. Statement credit
redemption amount cannot exceed the amount of the qualifying purchase transaction. Statement credits are not considered payments. Separate payment may be
requested.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014