• 1 2 34514
  • Page
  • Text Only
I'll not be applying for this deal because I already have (in the sock drawer) a Barclays NFL card.

I have double dipped with other banks, e.g., Citi. But I agree with earlier posters that Barclays won't tolerate it.

This deal will most likely return again next year at Super Bowl time. There's plenty of time to ditch my existing NFL card before then.

Rewdog said:   Awesome, $7,500 instant approval for $400 with $1000 spend of 90 days. Looks like it hit TU. Any idea if my wife should get one immediately, or wait a few weeks?

Just did it with no problem. I didn't authorize nor include each other's income on each app. Totally separate and instant approval.

thanks- haven't done this yet, but will. Can my wife and I each do this separately (same last name and same address)?

edit-oh looks like someone just above me did that and it works

Could not get an instant decision on the application -- any numbers for the review office?

kchunk said:   Rewdog said:   Awesome, $7,500 instant approval for $400 with $1000 spend of 90 days. Looks like it hit TU. Any idea if my wife should get one immediately, or wait a few weeks?

Just did it with no problem. I didn't authorize nor include each other's income on each app. Totally separate and instant approval.

Thanks! $800 on $2,000 spend is awesome.

Note: If you want to keep your money don't look at the rewards section. You can have 2 cheerleaders or the mascot come to your event for less than 1 spending bonus.

lillazyfats81 said:   sunrise said:   The Diggler -- How did you make sure about the 400/1000 offer ? When I click on the links, I do not see any verbiage.

Thx

Click on the link, then click on terms and offers.

Control F and search string 'bonus'

You will see it.. $1000 spending
For the links which require a "Last Name & Personal ID Code," I don't actually know whether they're $400/$1000 offers (since I don't have valid values to enter), but then I doubt takers of this deal will bother w/ those links. For the other links, as lillazyfats81 explained, at the top of the application page is a "Terms & Conditions" link. If you click that link, a pop-up box of T&C's should appear. It may require 30+ seconds to finish loading/rendering (depending on the speed of your system & internet connection). Once finished loading, search for "40,000" by pressing CTRL+F and entering "40,000" (w/o the quotes) in the search box. If the search term is found, it should take you directly to the sentence in the T&C's stating the terms of the bonus offer, which should look like this (highlighting mine):
Bonus Points - Forty thousand (40,000) Bonus Points will be awarded after at least $1000.00 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) in the first 90 days after account opening.

If the search term is not found, either the T&C pop-up box hasn't finished rendering, or you happen to be using an NFL Card application which DOES NOT offer 40,000 points. You can check if it's the latter by searching on value "bonuus" (as suggested by lillazyfats81) instead of "40,000", but you may need to click the "Next" button/action in your search box a few times (to find subsequent occurrences of the word "bonus"). Keep proceeding w/ the "Next" button/action until you find the equivalent sentence quoted above, stating its bonus & spending amounts.

Which one is a MasterCard? Click on most links and they are all Visa cards.

Also good to see is that once you create an online account (after being approved), the account shows the 40k/$1k sign-up offer under Program Overview. That gave me some confidence they won't try to back it out later (though obviously not guaranteed).

TheDiggler said:   lillazyfats81 said:   sunrise said:   The Diggler -- How did you make sure about the 400/1000 offer ? When I click on the links, I do not see any verbiage.

Thx

Click on the link, then click on terms and offers.

Control F and search string 'bonus'

You will see it.. $1000 spending
For the links which require a "Last Name & Personal ID Code," I don't actually know whether they're $400/$1000 offers (since I don't have valid values to enter), but then I doubt takers of this deal will bother w/ those links. For the other links, as lillazyfats81 explained, at the top of the application page is a "Terms & Conditions" link. If you click that link, a pop-up box of T&C's should appear. It may require 30+ seconds to finish loading/rendering (depending on the speed of your system & internet connection). Once finished loading, search for "40,000" by pressing CTRL+F and entering "40,000" (w/o the quotes) in the search box. If the search term is found, it should take you directly to the sentence in the T&C's stating the terms of the bonus offer, which should look like this (highlighting mine):
Bonus Points - Forty thousand (40,000) Bonus Points will be awarded after at least $1000.00 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) in the first 90 days after account opening.

If the search term is not found, either the T&C pop-up box hasn't finished rendering, or you happen to be using an NFL Card application which DOES NOT offer 40,000 points. You can check if it's the latter by searching on value "bonuus" (as suggested by lillazyfats81) instead of "40,000", but you may need to click the "Next" button/action in your search box a few times (to find subsequent occurrences of the word "bonuus"). Keep proceeding w/ the "Next" button/action until you find the equivalent sentence quoted above, stating its bonus & spending amounts.

If you create an account login, you can also verify down in the Rewards Tab and under Program Overview. I took a screen shot of this as well in case there's any issue. Have many experienced issues of not getting the 40000 rewards?

Never mind found it.

Will this work if one has a Upromise card? Barclays bought that card from BoA. The cardholder never applied for a Barclay card or received any offers?

Is there an ideal window to close the account after getting the bonus. The card is not great from a rewards standpoint beyond the bonus.

Just cancelled my card from the first offer and applied for the new offer and was instantly approved!

mikemagik said:   Also good to see is that once you create an online account (after being approved), the account shows the 40k/$1k sign-up offer under Program Overview. That gave me some confidence they won't try to back it out later (though obviously not guaranteed).

I'm looking at my program overview but only see "Earn even more by shopping at participating retailers! Barclaycard Rewards Boost". The T&C link also doesn't show the 40,000 bonus points offer, but instead a 10,000 point on initial purchase offer. I saved the sign-up T&C pdf and a page screenshot which contains the 40k offer.

Anyone else seeing this? This is my first and only NFL card, but it's under the same online account as my other non-NFL barclay's visa.

Instantly approved for a 40,000 point / $1k spend offer. Thanks to those who contributed the URLs, this is a quick and easy signup bonus.

As a data point, I already have a US Airways card from Barclays. The NFL card showed up in my account right away.

Sounds like the points are redeemable for a statement credit against any recent purchase of at least $25. Does anyone know the full details on the redemption process?

Why doesn't reward potential show 40,000 bounus points? Am I screwed?

Thanks op!

I applied and got approved for $7500. I was in a dilemma bc my beloved Giants didn't have a $1,000 spend card, only $2,500. I ended up choosing the lowly Lions instead!!!

i still have my nfl card from last year and just applied for the new one using the link ending in 9439. instant approval for $1300, and i just confirmed the 400/1000 deal. the old card has not been used once since i got the bonus, and there was no extra bonus in my email either like some people got. that card was my first barclays card ever.

so in my case at least it was not necessary to cancel the old nfl card to get the new one. the CL did suffer i'm sure, since most of my cards are ~10K.

^ How did you confirm the 400/1000 offer was attached? Did you call or was it listed in your approval?

maddybeagle said:   ^ How did you confirm the 400/1000 offer was attached? Did you call or was it listed in your approval?

Once you have been approved, sign in.

Under the Rewards tab at the top, click on Program Overview.

Look halfway down the page and it should say "40,000 points for $1K spent in first 90 days" if you used one of the 1K links.

maddybeagle said:   ^ How did you confirm the 400/1000 offer was attached? Did you call or was it listed in your approval?

i logged into my online account. Rewards. Program Overview.

Program Overview

With your NFL Extra Points Visa Card, you earn Reward Points toward the rewards you deserve, with every qualifying purchase. Below is a snapshot of your earning potential.

Reward Program Terms and Conditions
Earning Potential Where?
2 points for every $1 spent on NFL purchases Partner Purchases
1 point for every $1 spent on purchases Purchases
40,000 points for $1K spent in first 90 days First Use Bonus
Earn even more by shopping at participating retailers! Barclaycard Rewards Boost

MDfive21 said:   i still have my nfl card from last year and just applied for the new one using the link ending in 9439. instant approval for $1300, and i just confirmed the 400/1000 deal. the old card has not been used once since i got the bonus, and there was no extra bonus in my email either like some people got. that card was my first barclays card ever.

so in my case at least it was not necessary to cancel the old nfl card to get the new one. the CL did suffer i'm sure, since most of my cards are ~10K.

Did you create a new login or did it link in your existing account?

MDfive21 said:   i still have my nfl card from last year and just applied for the new one using the link ending in 9439. instant approval for $1300, and i just confirmed the 400/1000 deal. the old card has not been used once since i got the bonus, and there was no extra bonus in my email either like some people got. that card was my first barclays card ever.

Has anyone who has done two cards without canceling the first one had them charge back the second $400?

chantspel said:   MDfive21 said:   i still have my nfl card from last year and just applied for the new one using the link ending in 9439. instant approval for $1300, and i just confirmed the 400/1000 deal. the old card has not been used once since i got the bonus, and there was no extra bonus in my email either like some people got. that card was my first barclays card ever.

I also signed up for a new NFL card while I still have the old one. It linked to my existing online account. There are now two tabs on the web site, one for each credit card.

Any way to close old NFL card online or must I call? Sorry for the simple question, but I can't find anything on their website.

chantspel said:   MDfive21 said:   i still have my nfl card from last year and just applied for the new one using the link ending in 9439. instant approval for $1300, and i just confirmed the 400/1000 deal. the old card has not been used once since i got the bonus, and there was no extra bonus in my email either like some people got. that card was my first barclays card ever.

existing account. there's a new tab for the new card. wife had an old barcly card and there's a new tab on her acct page also.

bobley said:   MDfive21 said:   i still have my nfl card from last year and just applied for the new one using the link ending in 9439. instant approval for $1300, and i just confirmed the 400/1000 deal. the old card has not been used once since i got the bonus, and there was no extra bonus in my email either like some people got. that card was my first barclays card ever.

Has anyone who has done two cards without canceling the first one had them charge back the second $400?

won't know until i do the spend, but i'll report back if there are any problems.

Thanx OP

aaronl said:   Instantly approved for a 40,000 point / $1k spend offer. Thanks to those who contributed the URLs, this is a quick and easy signup bonus.

As a data point, I already have a US Airways card from Barclays. The NFL card showed up in my account right away.

Sounds like the points are redeemable for a statement credit against any recent purchase of at least $25. Does anyone know the full details on the redemption process?
Yea, after the points are credited, you start using the card for 25.00 increments, then when it's statement time, you go the the "redeem rewards" page and click on each purchase that is more then 25.00 and click redeem points and then you use up the 40k points. My wife and I had the 20k points bonus on 2 cards(her's and mine) and finaly figured how it works. I got screwed on 2 different charges because one charge was for 9.00 and the other was for14.40. They itemize all the charges and they are redeemed that way. Had to send a check to pay for these. So just make sure your individual charges are at least 25.00 each. I don't think I can apply for this card since I got the 20k offers on my wife and my card, I also got another 20k bonus offer in NOv. if I spent 500.00 in Nov/Dec/Jan. which I did so Im waiting for the bonus to be credited. Good luck

THANKS

Can someone make it clear that if you have an existing card from within the past year, that you can get another of the opposite cc company and still get another bonus? I have a a vikings Visa from last year ($200 bonus), now I want to know if I can apply for a AMEX packers card and get the $400 bonus.

johnmayer said:   Can someone make it clear that if you have an existing card from within the past year, that you can get another of the opposite cc company and still get another bonus? I have a a vikings Visa from last year ($200 bonus), now I want to know if I can apply for a AMEX packers card and get the $400 bonus.The Green Bay Packers APPLICATION PAGE lists it as a Master Card, not AMEX. As far as the answer to your Q, the Wiki section of the SD thread (equivalent to the FW "Quick Summary" section) contains the following:

Most popular FAQ:
1. Already a NFL Visa Signature Card Holder - Can I apply?
No
2. Already a NFL Master Card Holder - Can I apply?
Yes
3. Once I was a NFL Credit Card Holder and closed the acccount - Can I apply?
Yes.
4. I have poor or normal credit - Can I apply?
No. Usually Visa Signature will be approved only for better and best credit customers

#1 & #2 above make it sound like existing MC cardholders can apply for a Visa card but not vice versa, although #3 above may offer a loophole. I consider all of the info quoted above to be YMMV.

I have the mastercard which is still open. I applied for this card and was accepted. The Rewards -> Program Overview section does not say anything about the 40k points. I emailed customer service to see if they would qualify me, and they replied:

Forty thousand (40,000) Bonus Points will be awarded after at least $2,500.00 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) in the first 90 days after account opening. Bonus Points will be posted at the close of your first billing statement after an initial qualifying purchase or balance transfer is made. Balance Transfer Checks do not qualify for bonus points.

The Rewards -> Program Overview section still does not say anything about the 40k points. So I am more confused than ever. I suspect customer service just typed in the brochure without actually looking at the account.

Have a MC from last time. No go for Raiders, Eagles, or Dolphins. Which other cards might work?

johnmayer said:   Can someone make it clear that if you have an existing card from within the past year, that you can get another of the opposite cc company and still get another bonus? I have a a vikings Visa from last year ($200 bonus), now I want to know if I can apply for a AMEX packers card and get the $400 bonus.

my old (still open) and new nfl cards are both visa

OK Guys because I did not find anywhere if a existing NFL VISA user can apply for the card, you CANT.
Not to either VISA or MC card for new one. IT will be denied. Do not waste a hit on score.

Maheshkk said:   OK Guys because I did not find anywhere if a existing NFL VISA user can apply for the card, you CANT.
Not to either VISA or MC card for new one. IT will be denied. Do not waste a hit on score.
You didn't look 1 post and 4 posts up???

woot! just applied for a Ravens card.. got 7500 CL instant. got the 400/1000 promo.

edit.
This pulled on TU btw.

Got Visa last time and got immediate approval this time with Green Bay Packers MC.

Applied for Lions. 3,500 CL instant and 400/1000 listed in the rewards center and TOS.

Not sure if this question has been asked earlier..
I applied for the MC/2500/400 earlier (as soon as I seen it - thanks OP) and then realized that there was a better one - the VISA/1000/400
Has anyone applied for both? Is there a way to cancel the earlier one (that was approved) and apply for the latter ones posted?
I understand that there may be a possibility of a hard credit hit once again.
TIA

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014