• 123 4 514
  • Page
  • Text Only
bobley said:   Have a MC from last time. No go for Raiders, Eagles, or Dolphins. Which other cards might work?
My attempt:

1. Kept MC open, applied, denied before credit pull
2. Closed MC, applied, denied before credit pull

I might try again later this week. No credit pull until it passes their quick checks.

Another data point: I have a Travelocity card opened with them as well, because they gave me an invite-only offer. I'm guessing the credit limits and recent card closing are what flagged me for review and denial.

Approved for a Lions card, wife's app for a Saints card is on hold. Might call them up after work today.

When I did this last time, it was easy to break up all the points to use up the whole amount without doing large purchases.
It may take a minute to calculate which purchases to use for the credit but was not difficult.

lillazyfats81 said:   First time to this reward structure.

From my reading on the old thread, I should make a SINGLE $410 purchase, then purchase a $590.

My questions are:

1) does it matter which transaction I do first? $410 or $590??

2) I know the $410 is a single purchase... But is the $590 a single charge.? Or can I do my daily activities (incremental charges) to accrue $590

3) the other thread says to purchase $600 in month 1 and $410 in month two.. Can I do everything in one single month?

OliverQuackenbush said:   I have the mastercard which is still open. I applied for this card and was accepted. The Rewards -> Program Overview section does not say anything about the 40k points. I emailed customer service to see if they would qualify me, and they replied:

Forty thousand (40,000) Bonus Points will be awarded after at least $2,500.00 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) in the first 90 days after account opening. Bonus Points will be posted at the close of your first billing statement after an initial qualifying purchase or balance transfer is made. Balance Transfer Checks do not qualify for bonus points.

The Rewards -> Program Overview section still does not say anything about the 40k points. So I am more confused than ever. I suspect customer service just typed in the brochure without actually looking at the account.

Let me know what is the end result. I am in the same boat. No mention of 40,000 anywhere. Once I get the card, I will call and verify it. I have the screen shots.

Most popular FAQ:
1. Already a NFL Visa Signature Card Holder - Can I apply?
No
2. Already a NFL Master Card Holder - Can I apply?
Yes
3. Once I was a NFL Credit Card Holder and closed the acccount - Can I apply?
Yes.
4. I have poor or normal credit - Can I apply?
No. Usually Visa Signature will be approved only for better and best credit customers

#1 & #2 above make it sound like existing MC cardholders can apply for a Visa card but not vice versa, although #3 above may offer a loophole. I consider all of the info quoted above to be YMMV.

Just to add a data point for #1

Spouse: had MC from last year, not closed, instant approval for Dolphins which is Visa, offer verified for 40,000 after $1k spend in 90 days.

Me: had Visa from last year, not closed, instant approval for Dolphins which is Visa, offer verified for 40,000 after $1k spend in 90 days.

I do not think #1 is correct.

MoneyOCD said:   Most popular FAQ:

I agree. I also have a visa from last year and just approved for another visa

That is what worries me from T&C:

You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points account after your first NFL Extra Points credit card account is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your Points by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

Reconsideration line 1-866-408-4064.

johnmayer said:   Can someone make it clear that if you have an existing card from within the past year, that you can get another of the opposite cc company and still get another bonus? I have a a vikings Visa from last year ($200 bonus), now I want to know if I can apply for a AMEX packers card and get the $400 bonus.
There are no guarantees. T&C says no, some users have had luck anyway.

Anyone know if you can get approved for two differnt barcleys cards in the same day?

mistadeal said:   johnmayer said:   Can someone make it clear that if you have an existing card from within the past year, that you can get another of the opposite cc company and still get another bonus? I have a a vikings Visa from last year ($200 bonus), now I want to know if I can apply for a AMEX packers card and get the $400 bonus.
There are no guarantees. T&C says no, some users have had luck anyway.

fwiw, if you hit the T&C link on the program overview page, it will default to the standard 10k points for first use bonus language. the T&C on the application page will say which bonus you actually get.

MoneyOCD said:   Just to add a data point for #1

Spouse: had MC from last year, not closed, instant approval for Dolphins which is Visa, offer verified for 40,000 after $1k spend in 90 days.

Me: had Visa from last year, not closed, instant approval for Dolphins which is Visa, offer verified for 40,000 after $1k spend in 90 days.

Which MC & Visa promotion did you and your wife get approved for last year? (There was a 20,000 point offer earlier in the year, then a 40,000 point offer later on).

ok, just got the e-mail: Saints card for wife is approved. 2013 is starting out very strong for credit card points, miles, and rebates.

ankitgu said:   

do you mind sharing - how would you know if it was denied before credit pull?

thised1 said:   ankitgu said:   

do you mind sharing - how would you know if it was denied before credit pull?

Well he probably got the denied message then pulled up his CR using one of the many free services to see if it had a new hit...

TheDiggler said:   MoneyOCD said:   Just to add a data point for #1

Which MC & Visa promotion did you and your wife get approved for last year? (There was a 20,000 point offer earlier in the year, then a 40,000 point offer later on).

Both have cards from first one for 20k points after first spend, never received any offers for additional points for spend XXX amounts in 3 month.

Just got approved, did the 20k point offer about 3/4 months ago. First card was visa (still open).

daw4888 said:   Anyone been approved for 2 differnt Barclay cards in a single day? I have a offer I got in the mail for a differnt card.. wondering if I should try applying for the NFL and it.

There has been some discussion that indicates that if you already have a Barclays card, you can get approved for up to 4-5 more in a single day. On one of the credit card blogs. Frugal Travel guy ? Boarding Area? maybe? Check around to find it if you are interested. Sorry I don't remeber specifically.

$6500 Instant approval. 741 Credit Karma score. 5 inquiries on report. Low utilization. 5-6 Open credit accounts with 3.5 year AVG account age. 2 New Lines Opened Last year (Feb & Nov).

I plan to keep this card since it has no annual fee and continue to build my average account age.

I wanted to report this info to the Credit Pulls database on Credit Boards, but couldn't figure it out. (I see how to search, but not how to post.)
http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?app=creditpulls

Note concerning multiple cards: I tried multiple browser trick on two NFL cards with different logo's and second was declined. From my reading on Barclay I expected this to happen, but I figured it was worth a shot, and I wouldn't mind a free credit report without an extra pull.
I have a feeling you may be able to get approved for 2 totally different Barclay cards. I just wanted to warn anyone interested in maximizing this offer.

pandahouse said:   Just got approved, did the 20k point offer about 3/4 months ago. First card was visa (still open).When you say "just got approved," was that TODAY? If so, around what time? Reason I'm asking is that posters on SD claim that effective today, Barclay's has closed a loophole by automatically denying applications of cardholders who've applied for a Barclay's card in the last 90 days (where for NFL card purposes, the restriction may only apply to other Barclay's NFL cards opened up within the past 90 days).

Also, as far as applying for multiple cards simultaneously goes, after one poster @ SD posted success w/ that method (applying for 4 cards at once for himself, 4 cards at once for his wife) it seems that others who followed suit thereafter were not so lucky. They either got the 10 day dererral message (and denied a short time later) or instant rejections. For those who got instantly rejected (from their "duplicate" applications), many have posted that no additional CR pulls were performed (for the "duplicate" rejected applications). YMMV on the "no additional CR pulls" result.

Approved $3500.

Question:
The website already had my username and proceded to ask me my security questions. The same 2 that I use on another site but I can't remember which.
It then showed me my a security pic and phrase.... ones that I know I setup. Finally it took my password that I used on another site.
Problem is... I can't remember which banking site it was.

This system is the same as theirs.
Who are they?

TheDiggler said:   pandahouse said:   Just got approved, did the 20k point offer about 3/4 months ago. First card was visa (still open).When you say "just got approved," was that TODAY? If so, around what time? Reason I'm asking is that posters on SD claim that effective today, Barclay's has closed a loophole by automatically denying applications of cardholders who've applied for a Barclay's card in the last 90 days (where for NFL card purposes, the restriction may only apply to other Barclay's NFL cards opened up within the past 90 days).

Also, as far as applying for multiple cards simultaneously goes, after one poster @ SD posted success w/ that method (applying for 4 cards at once for himself, 4 cards at once for his wife) it seems that others who followed suit thereafter were not so lucky. They either got the 10 day dererral message (and denied a short time later) or instant rejections. For those who got instantly rejected (from their "duplicate" applications), many have posted that no additional CR pulls were performed (for the "duplicate" rejected applications). YMMV on the "no additional CR pulls" result.

Just got time to check my transaction history on the first card, the 200 offer I did is outside the 90 day requirement by a few days.
Second card was applied and approved today online.
Sorry for the confusion.

Has anyone got denied for the second card and called the reconsideration line? What would you tell the credit analyst to get it?

DFW06 said:    What would you tell the credit analyst to get it?

"I want another card"

Seriously, I haven't done it yet but if it comes down to it I'll say I have 2 favorite NFL teams

DFW06 said:   Has anyone got denied for the second card and called the reconsideration line? What would you tell the credit analyst to get it?

Pick one.

chantspel said:   DFW06 said:    What would you tell the credit analyst to get it?

"I want another card"

Seriously, I haven't done it yet but if it comes down to it I'll say I have 2 favorite NFL teams

Haha.. maybe something like that...I had to call in last time. 2-3 months ago. Too early for another card I suppose. Just called, but business hours close. I will update tomorrow.

Data point: Currently have Giants MC that has been open for over a year. Just applied for Dolphins Visa Signature and instantly approved for $5k with 40,000/$1000 offer.

Thanks, OP! Just approved for $7500.

Opened a 2nd card, but do not see the 40k offer in the rewards description.

isobro said:   Opened a 2nd card, but do not see the 40k offer in the rewards description.

Was your previous card a visa or mastercard. Some notes in the thread that if have open visa card, that you can not get the offer. Don't know for sure, I closed both of ours and applied and no problems....twice the limit from last year, also.

BTW, I saw the new card rewards in my terms and conditions when applied and in my online access.

VentureScout said:   daw4888 said:   Anyone been approved for 2 differnt Barclay cards in a single day? I have a offer I got in the mail for a differnt card.. wondering if I should try applying for the NFL and it.

There has been some discussion that indicates that if you already have a Barclays card, you can get approved for up to 4-5 more in a single day. On one of the credit card blogs. Frugal Travel guy ? Boarding Area? maybe? Check around to find it if you are interested. Sorry I don't remeber specifically.

I believe this is what you're referring to:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidtravelchai/2012/12/19/11-appr...

Somebody on SD claimed a total of 8 NFL cards between him and his wife, though if the posts today are any indication, Barclays has finally caught on.

I was just approved for 5k. I was in on the last leg of the 40K promo and had the NFL visa signature. I closed the account last night and just applied for the New England Patriots Visa. Instant approval. Credit limit was the same as closed account. I also applied for my GF who has a higher credit score than I do with no previous ap with Barclays, hers was deferred. She has an open upromise card which was acquired by Barclays. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

A follow up to my GF app been deferred, called the reconsideration line today 8664084064..answered a few questions about income and why I needed a second card with Barclays, told the rep I was a big fan of the Falcons and as a result intend to make the card my primary if approved. Approved with 5K limit.

Did anyone apply for a (Giants) MC? My T&C page does have the 40k verbiage, but my program overview doesn't. My page doesn't show the additional verbiage that's underlined.

Program Overview

With your Extra Points MasterCard, you earn Reward Points toward the rewards you deserve, with every qualifying purchase. Below is a snapshot of your earning potential.

Reward Program Terms and Conditions
Earning Potential Where?
2 points for every $1 spent on NFL purchases Partner Purchases
1 point for every $1 spent on purchases Purchases
40,000 points for $1K spent in first 90 days First Use Bonus

Earn even more by shopping at participating retailers! Barclaycard Rewards Boost

Only $400/2500 spend offer on the link. Am I missing somehing?

Sweet! Miami Dolphins NFL Extra Points Visa Card with a Revolving Credit Line of $7,500.00

Still have my previous Eagles MC open.

Edit: Verbiage on rewards program overview tab indicates 40k bonus in 1k spend.

Thanks OP

Wife and I both approved for Steelers Visa 7.5k w/ 40k\1k terms. I was half expecting a deferral based on recently being approved for Priceline card but it went through fine. Thanks OP and other offer link contributors.

Where are the MC links? I already have the NFL Visa, but the links in the summary seem to only be 400/1k Visa.

xnoodle said:   Did anyone apply for a (Giants) MC? My T&C page does have the 40k verbiage, but my program overview doesn't. My page doesn't show the additional verbiage that's underlined.

Program Overview

With your Extra Points MasterCard, you earn Reward Points toward the rewards you deserve, with every qualifying purchase. Below is a snapshot of your earning potential.

Reward Program Terms and Conditions
Earning Potential Where?
2 points for every $1 spent on NFL purchases Partner Purchases
1 point for every $1 spent on purchases Purchases
40,000 points for $1K spent in first 90 days First Use Bonus

Earn even more by shopping at participating retailers! Barclaycard Rewards Boost

400/1K MCs from QS:

Green Bay Packers
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7111

Philadelphia Eagles
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7269

Washington Redskins
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/7398

CowbellMaster said:   Where are the MC links? I already have the NFL Visa, but the links in the summary seem to only be 400/1k Visa.

No go. I just had a NFL card in a month or 2 ago. They were unable to approve this one because the other one is fairly new. As a result, they didn't pull a hard credit inquiry.

ahcool said:   Only $400/2500 spend offer on the link. Am I missing somehing?

Yeah...the quick summary

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014