• 16 7 891014
  • Page
  • Text Only
If i don't have my cards in the mailbox when I get home today... stay tuned to for my melt down.. will be a good one.

Got my card and charged my $1000+. When can I count on getting my rewards?

Joe328 said:   If i don't have my cards in the mailbox when I get home today... stay tuned to for my melt down.. will be a good one.

Dude...chillax.

KYBOSH said:   Joe328 said:   If i don't have my cards in the mailbox when I get home today... stay tuned to for my melt down.. will be a good one.

Dude...chillax.

You right, you right.

It has been 90+ days (100 to be exact but hey who's counting) since my last confession...err I mean application for thine sweet suckle of nfl $400. This would be churn #3. After the generic visa, green cheese packers (mastercard), I figured the dolphins would be my #3 treat. But nay, the computer overlords deemed me unfit for the sweet nectar of $400 with a message basically saying "don't call us we'll call you and let you know!"

Oh noes! Reconsideration line why are you not open so late this evening to assuage my teetering anxiety so I may finally convince you to let me suckle on thine sweet nectar.

catanpirate said:   Got my card and charged my $1000+. When can I count on getting my rewards?

The day the $1000 in purchases are all posted. Yep, fastest CC bonus ever.

dl73 said:   catanpirate said:   Got my card and charged my $1000+. When can I count on getting my rewards?

The day the $1000 in purchases are all posted. Yep, fastest CC bonus ever.

Whoa... Really,

That is fast.

lillazyfats81 said:   Got mine yesterday too.

Question: after all said and done, can we combine/ merge credit lines with another card?

Is Barclay a division of any other card out there, FIA or Bofa? Or are they different.

different..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclaycard

Anyone know how long you have to wait with Barclays between recent account openings/closures in order to not be denied for too many recent inquiries for their products? I'm guessing 3-6 months.

ankitgu said:   Anyone know how long you have to wait with Barclays between recent account openings/closures in order to not be denied for too many recent inquiries for their products? I'm guessing 3-6 months.Early last year, DW got 2 Barclays cards within about 6 weeks of each other.

MDfive21 said:   lillazyfats81 said:   Got mine yesterday too.

Question: after all said and done, can we combine/ merge credit lines with another card?

Is Barclay a division of any other card out there, FIA or Bofa? Or are they different.

different..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclaycard

Thanks, so is it a good idea to close immediately after statement credit post and claimed?

kjgco said:   ankitgu said:   Anyone know how long you have to wait with Barclays between recent account openings/closures in order to not be denied for too many recent inquiries for their products? I'm guessing 3-6 months.Early last year, DW got 2 Barclays cards within about 6 weeks of each other.

Did she need to close the first one first?

If so how long did she wait after closure to reapply?

lillazyfats81 said:   kjgco said:   ankitgu said:   Anyone know how long you have to wait with Barclays between recent account openings/closures in order to not be denied for too many recent inquiries for their products? I'm guessing 3-6 months.Early last year, DW got 2 Barclays cards within about 6 weeks of each other.

Did she need to close the first one first?

If so how long did she wait after closure to reapply?
No, she didn't have to close the first one.

I haven't read this thread as I got in on the previous offering, but I thought I would post this. If it has been previously discussed, please disregard.

I received some pretty nice balance transfer Checks In The Mail on this card. Here are the details:

Total of two checks. Both checks have same basic terms:

1. 0% APR until May 2014 (the sooner you cash it the more months you have).
2. Checks must post by March 23, 2013
3. 2% fee (not bad!)

However, on top of that:

4. The first check cashed raises your credit line by the amount of the check up to a maximum of $5,000.00

Obviously targeted, but keep your eyes open. It is always worth it to check the balance transfer check terms.

This is confusing me, can someone shed some light.

I made four total purchases.

2 on WalMart, 1 on Amazon === $600 total
1 on a separate transaction === $410

Okay good, I have a total of $1,010 spent.

I got the reward points, everything looks good, but total reward points I have is 41011 points

I go to redeem my points on the $410 charge, and it only requires 41000 points.

My question is how did I end up with an extra 11 points.?.?

40000 bonus + 1010 for spend + 1 because they are generous?

was that $600 exactly? Or did you spend 600.53 for example? If later is the case, your point may have been rounded up to 601 rather than 600.

Speaking of CL increases for this card. I was interested in seeing if I could get 1 for mine. I've only had this card for about 4 months now. I was going to try and apply for one online through my account but it mentions there being a credit check in doing so. If I were to ask for a CL increase, would it be a hard pull? Also, it sounds like with this card, they may actually give out random CL increases even if you don't ask for one?
I'm trying to rebuild my credit so I'm trying to be careful. My CL right now is only $500. My income is around 70K a year.

I've bought maybe $500 worth of stuff since I got the card and have carried a -$20 balance (oops, overpaid my card)) for the last few weeks and was thinking to just keep it at $0 or close to it in hopes of getting a CL increase. Anyone have any advice they can share with me on this? Thanks alot, it's much appreciated...

CL increase is a hard pull. Just did it 2 days ago.

For those of us who do not yet know how to find it in the quick summary or the quick summary itself could someone be so kind as to give us specific directions on how to get a working link to the 1000/40000 offer ?

ultrawildcard said:   For those of us who do not yet know how to find it in the quick summary or the quick summary itself could someone be so kind as to give us specific directions on how to get a working link to the 1000/40000 offer ?

From the Quick Summary (located DIRECTLY AFTER the OPENING POST of this thread):

*UPDATE* Feb 8, 2013 (evening)
All of the $400/$1000 links have expired.

Is charging $425 initally the best way to get every last point out of the 400/$2500 deal?

Like charging $410 and $590 was for the 400/1000?

I want to cancel my 400/1000 card as the 590 payment posts and get a 400/2500 before it expires.

Just to be clear, I believe getting more than one $400 bonus is against the Terms & Conditions of the deal. Understand that I'm not policing anyone, it's just that I try to keep my schemes clear of breaking T&Cs.From time to time, we may offer bonuses or points or other premiums (for example, First Use Points, First Use
Certificates, and Promotional Companion Tickets) to new Barclays NFL Extra Points cardmembers. Unless
otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and/or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not
previously been, Barclays NFL Extra Points cardmembers. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise
state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points account
after your first NFL Extra Points credit card account is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are
not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your Points by the amount of the award, or charge
your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

does anyone have a working $400/$1000 offer? i check alot and say offer expired...

only one i can find still are the $400/$2500

camar0 said:   does anyone have a working $400/$1000 offer? i check alot and say offer expired...

The last answer was posted 3+ hrs (and 3 posts) prior to your post.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   camar0 said:   does anyone have a working $400/$1000 offer? i check alot and say offer expired...

The last answer was posted 3+ hrs prior to your post.

damn to procrastination! lol

hpack said:   CL increase is a hard pull. Just did it 2 days ago.

Thanks for the help!

Now do they give out CLI's out of the goodness of their hearts I wonder?

theassmanbot said:   hpack said:   CL increase is a hard pull. Just did it 2 days ago.

Thanks for the help!

Now do they give out CLI's out of the goodness of their hearts I wonder?

Deferred but increased me from 1500 to 3000. I think my Priceline card led to the small initial CL

carpedinero said:   I had to pay down a 0% balance on another card and wait for it to report so my score would go up a little. So I missed the 400/1000 deals but just got approved for the 400/2500 with 9000 limit. 2500 over 90 days shouldn't be a problem, but does anyone know if you can fund a new bank account with a Barclays Visa? I want to open some accounts that I can fund with a card but just want to be sure Barclays doesn't charge a fee.

Also, I applied for the UPromise card from Barclays in a second browser about a second after instant approval for NFL card. That app is in review, I'll let you know what happens with that.

This is my first card with Barclays.

Yeah! I did get the Upromise Mastercard. CL is only $5,000 but at least I got both cards on a single pull. I froze my reports with all three credit bureaus after the application to avoid what some have reported elsewhere, that Barclays will pull all three reports when reviewing a second App at the same time. Credit Score went up by 29 points according to CreditKarma.

Win, win, win for me! Thanks everybody!

$400/$2500 is still working as of today. Their hard pull showed up on TransUnion within 4 hours of submitting the online application. Thanks OP!

Got it approved instantly, thanks!

I don't have any Barclays Credit Cards and the offers look nice but I want a Long term card, not just a small cash reward.

grex23 said:   I don't have any Barclays Credit Cards and the offers look nice but I want a Long term card, not just a small cash reward.

So why are you posting in this thread? This offer gives you $400 for free, and then you can stop using it. If that's not your cup of tea then move along.....

vquasarv said:   I haven't read this thread as I got in on the previous offering, but I thought I would post this. If it has been previously discussed, please disregard.

I received some pretty nice balance transfer Checks In The Mail on this card. Here are the details:

3. 2% fee (not bad!)

However, on top of that:

4. The first check cashed raises your credit line by the amount of the check up to a maximum of $5,000.00

Obviously targeted, but keep your eyes open. It is always worth it to check the balance transfer check terms.

I got this offer too but dang I didnt catch the part where your CLI is based on the amount of the first BT check. I thought I could do the minimum $100 amount and get the full $5K increase

nwill002 said:   vquasarv said:   I haven't read this thread as I got in on the previous offering, but I thought I would post this. If it has been previously discussed, please disregard.

3. 2% fee (not bad!)

However, on top of that:

I got this offer too but dang I didnt catch the part where your CLI is based on the amount of the first BT check. I thought I could do the minimum $100 amount and get the full $5K increase

I wonder if you can simply deposit it into your account?
Not impressed by the idea of paying $100 for a CLI...

Quick question:

How quickly does the bonus pts (40k) post after reaching the min spend?

Does it post after the statement cuts off or immediately?

(Based on the older thread of spending like: $600 + $400 and then using the pts to pay down the $600, it sounds like you get the points before the 2nd statement cuts (which means before you pay the 1st bill).

KYBOSH said:   Is charging $425 initally the best way to get every last point out of the 400/$2500 deal?

I want to cancel my 400/1000 card as the 590 payment posts and get a 400/2500 before it expires.

Did you figure this out? Hoping to not have any surprises at redemption. Thanks!

depreshun said:   KYBOSH said:   Is charging $425 initally the best way to get every last point out of the 400/$2500 deal?

Did you figure this out? Hoping to not have any surprises at redemption. Thanks!

I just cancelled my card today and will app for another tomorrow so I haven't gotten that far yet.
But I think the math works out that way.

40k bonus points give you $400.
$2500 spend give you 2500 pts which is redeemable for $25.

Dropping $425 exactly on one of your purchases will use all of your points if you only spend the minimum $2500.
I used AP last time as it was quick and easy.
I'll plan on doing it again with with two AP accounts though I'll still be $500 short due to AP's monthly limit.
But I can afford to wait a month to squeeze every last penny out.

Hopefully the approval process will go through without a hitch.
I'll wait a little for their system to update before reapplying.

KYBOSH said:   nwill002 said:   vquasarv said:   I haven't read this thread as I got in on the previous offering, but I thought I would post this. If it has been previously discussed, please disregard.

3. 2% fee (not bad!)

However, on top of that:

yes you can deposit it into your own personal cking account. i suggest atm deposit for the lack of hassles.

ETA: the amount of CLI is different for every account. based on your current CL and probably a soft pull to determine risk. b@rclays has done this deal both of the 2 accounts we have with them about 4-6 months after acct opening.

KYBOSH said:   nwill002 said:   vquasarv said:   I haven't read this thread as I got in on the previous offering, but I thought I would post this. If it has been previously discussed, please disregard.

3. 2% fee (not bad!)

However, on top of that:

Yes, you can write it to yourself.

I just did mine last week which was different, $4,500 increase - 0% until August 2014, 3% fee.

I'll clear out the rest of a student loan at a higher interest than the effective rate on this and get a hard free CLI that can be useful in the future (transfer to future Barclay card offers). I like Barclay.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014