• Text Only
So I have the 400/2500 offer but it is going to take to near the end of the 90 days for me to reach the 2500 spend. I am confused on whether I will be able to get my full 400 dollar credit. Will I be able to apply points to charges from previous statements?

Use AP to meet it.

fattywallace said:   Use AP to meet it.

but not venmo. they kicked my payments back.

if i use this card on AP does it show as a purchase or as a Cash Advance ?? anyone ??/

jt6565 said:   So I have the 400/2500 offer but it is going to take to near the end of the 90 days for me to reach the 2500 spend. I am confused on whether I will be able to get my full 400 dollar credit. Will I be able to apply points to charges from previous statements?

Yes, previous 90 days.

hoops77 said:   jt6565 said:   So I have the 400/2500 offer but it is going to take to near the end of the 90 days for me to reach the 2500 spend. I am confused on whether I will be able to get my full 400 dollar credit. Will I be able to apply points to charges from previous statements?

Yes, previous 90 days.

Due to some issues, I got the credit at the end of the 90 days. I didn't want to spend more and get a statement credit but they issued me a check fortunately.

My card arrived today - excited!

My bonus points already hit (haven't even closed the 1st statement yet), Pay With Points not showing as an option for me.

I sent them a secure message requesting my points be redeemed for statement credit, will update with results.

Awesome Ponies for Great Surprises did not Create Adversity for me.

Ok so I met my 1k spend. I'm actually up to about $1100. I did this with a bunch of smaller transactions and one large $875 payment. For the $875 I used my apartment management company's pay by phone feature which charges a 3% fee. So I paid them $850 with a $25 fee, so that I could meet the spend for this CC quickly. The balance on my account is reflecting the purchase, but the purchase itself isn't showing in my posted transactions. It has deducted from my normal credit limit and not my cash advance limit, so I know they didn't process it as a cash advance. Also, I have the 40k points, I just don't see the large transaction, so I can't redeem the points into it.

I sent them a message explaining the discrepancy... I really hope I didn't bork this up somehow. Basically my account has an $1100 balance but is only showing $300 worth of transactions or so.

They seem a bit slow for transactions to fully post, but deduction of credit limit is almost immediate. Wait 3 business days.

Rewdog said:   They seem a bit slow for transactions to fully post, but deduction of credit limit is almost immediate. Wait 3 business days.

Haha thanks. I think I'm just really antsy about this because I did the 3% fee thing for my partial rent payment by CC. As I was doing it it just felt like something that only people who were falling behind on their finances would do. Made me feel... bad. If I didn't get my $400 for it, I would feel pretty dumb.

Rewdog said:   They seem a bit slow for transactions to fully post, but deduction of credit limit is almost immediate. Wait 3 business days.

Or a bit longer. I just had a purchase onboard a United flight post yesterday morning (while a purchase on the same flight posted last Friday), from a flight on Feb 18.

That said, I am about $200 away from hitting the $2500 spend. It everything goes smoothly getting the $400 ($425 maybe?) then I already let my wife know that we will be opening one up in her name for next month's expenses

trekwars2000 said:   Rewdog said:   They seem a bit slow for transactions to fully post, but deduction of credit limit is almost immediate. Wait 3 business days.

Or a bit longer. I just had a purchase onboard a United flight post yesterday morning (while a purchase on the same flight posted last Friday), from a flight on Feb 18.

That said, I am about $200 away from hitting the $2500 spend. It everything goes smoothly getting the $400 ($425 maybe?) then I already let my wife know that we will be opening one up in her name for next month's expenses

While you were waiting for that Feb 18th transaction to post, was it at least showing up in temporary authorizations? Mine isn't even showing up there anymore, it's just completely absent from my account summary.

protomenace said:   trekwars2000 said:   Rewdog said:   They seem a bit slow for transactions to fully post, but deduction of credit limit is almost immediate. Wait 3 business days.

While you were waiting for that Feb 18th transaction to post, was it at least showing up in temporary authorizations? Mine isn't even showing up there anymore, it's just completely absent from my account summary.

They seem to show up for a day or two then disapear and then show up a few days later in posted transactions. That is what I saw from a purchase on Saturday. I am pretty sure it was showing up on Monday in temp auths and now it is no where to be found. Odd, but no biggie. I'm not going to be using the card much longer anyway...

Rewdog said:   Awesome Ponies for Great Surprises did not Create Adversity for me.

awesome!

anyone used this card on Amazon Payment...????

korekore1 said:   anyone used this card on Amazon Payment...????
See here:
Rewdog said:   Awesome Ponies for Great Surprises did not Create Adversity for me.

Made one single transaction of $3,000+. Points posted within 2 days of the transaction's posting, even though my pay cycle doesn't end for another 2 weeks. YMMV.

trekwars2000 said:   protomenace said:   trekwars2000 said:   Rewdog said:   They seem a bit slow for transactions to fully post, but deduction of credit limit is almost immediate. Wait 3 business days.

They seem to show up for a day or two then disapear and then show up a few days later in posted transactions. That is what I saw from a purchase on Saturday. I am pretty sure it was showing up on Monday in temp auths and now it is no where to be found. Odd, but no biggie. I'm not going to be using the card much longer anyway...

same happening to me. no big deal.

My big transaction eventually showed up. I redeemed points into it. My points went away. Now just waiting for my balance to go down by $400. I still have 1000 points sitting around that I can't redeem unfortunately.

The simplest way to avoid losing the $10 is to not redeem the full $400 on a large purchase. Redeem $350 into the big one, and then make another purchase of $60 to use up the rest. I made a $60 payment online towards my Comcast bill, but you could also spend $60 at a gas station or similar. I spent exactly $1000 on my card, redeemed $410 of rebates, and have exactly 0 points remaining. There's no reason to leave the $10 on the table.

renaud said:   The simplest way to avoid losing the $10 is to not redeem the full $400 on a large purchase. Redeem $350 into the big one, and then make another purchase of $60 to use up the rest. I made a $60 payment online towards my Comcast bill, but you could also spend $60 at a gas station or similar. I spent exactly $1000 on my card, redeemed $410 of rebates, and have exactly 0 points remaining. There's no reason to leave the $10 on the table.

easier to make one purchase of $410 and make up the $590 however you want.

the $590 could be one purchase as well. no need to make it difficult

MDfive21 said:   renaud said:   The simplest way to avoid losing the $10 is to not redeem the full $400 on a large purchase. Redeem $350 into the big one, and then make another purchase of $60 to use up the rest. I made a $60 payment online towards my Comcast bill, but you could also spend $60 at a gas station or similar. I spent exactly $1000 on my card, redeemed $410 of rebates, and have exactly 0 points remaining. There's no reason to leave the $10 on the table.

easier to make one purchase of $410 and make up the $590 however you want.

the $590 could be one purchase as well. no need to make it difficult

True statement. I should have clarified to say, "if you have one large purchase to make that is over $410....." Then the simplest way to use the extra $10 is what I posted above.

defjukie said:   My bonus points already hit (haven't even closed the 1st statement yet), Pay With Points not showing as an option for me.

I sent them a secure message requesting my points be redeemed for statement credit, will update with results.

Same here. I don't have a pay with points option yet, BUT they still haven't produced the first month's statement, so I'll just give it time.

DropDeadDeal said:   defjukie said:   My bonus points already hit (haven't even closed the 1st statement yet), Pay With Points not showing as an option for me.

Same here. I don't have a pay with points option yet, BUT they still haven't produced the first month's statement, so I'll just give it time.

I was missing the "pay with points" option. I sent a secure message saying I want to redeem my entire point balance for a statement credit, and a few days later I got an email notification (actually two) notifying me of the redemption. The Pay with Points option has also appeared on my redemption page at the same time, not that I need it anymore.

KYBOSH said:   Seems my previous card wasn't closed until today (even though I closed it the day before yesterday).
So the system didn't even pull my credit report.

Guy I talked to on the phone said he could push the application through but keep asking me why I got and cancelled the card and now wanted another one.
Asked me twice...

Then he ran the app and came back and said he was going to have to deny my application because of the amount of revolving debt I have showing ($15K 0% BTs)
Total BS! I've gotten top tier CCs this month with more than that showing. Plus my utilization is in the single digits.

Didn't want to get into it because it was obvious he was player-hating and upon looking at my file knew I probably didn't need a Barclay card and I was going to open, strip and close this card again.

May call for a recon to the recon but I'm not holding my breath.
So I guess the moral of the story is wait about a week from the day you close a previous account before applying.
Otherwise you may not get an instant approval as the old card is still showing as active.

Never got around to doing a recon of the recon but I just got a decision letter in the mail and I can confirm the HATE.
No where was there mention of the amount of revolving debt I was carrying (single digit utilizations).

The reasons for the decline was (and I quote):

*Our records show that you've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us. Please let us know immediately if you did not apply for or receive this product previously.

*Too many recent applications

Unlucky not to have gotten an instant approval due to my previous account showing as just closed that day.
The haterade didn't help either.

defjukie said:   My bonus points already hit (haven't even closed the 1st statement yet), Pay With Points not showing as an option for me.

My bonus points hit during first statement which closed Feb 19. No option to redeem for statement credit, only NFL merchandise. Sent secure email and received response to call them. I called today and was told that I couldn't redeem points for statement credit until the following statement has closed on Mar 19. So it appears that I will have to pay statement balance in full and then request a check after statement credit posts. Has anyone else been given this same information by Barclays?

Tell them you want to open a case number, that you should have the pay with points option. They'll fully redeem your points on phone, just have a recent purchase in mind you want to redeem against. Takes a couple of days for the credit to post to your account. Me and my wife both did this.

cak144 said:   defjukie said:   My bonus points already hit (haven't even closed the 1st statement yet), Pay With Points not showing as an option for me.

My bonus points hit during first statement which closed Feb 19. No option to redeem for statement credit, only NFL merchandise. Sent secure email and received response to call them. I called today and was told that I couldn't redeem points for statement credit until the following statement has closed on Mar 19. So it appears that I will have to pay statement balance in full and then request a check after statement credit posts. Has anyone else been given this same information by Barclays?

hoops77 said:   Tell them you want to open a case number, that you should have the pay with points option. They'll fully redeem your points on phone, just have a recent purchase in mind you want to redeem against. Takes a couple of days for the credit to post to your account. Me and my wife both did this.

Tried this twice and failed both times. Reps keep saying they don't see any qualified transactions and that I need to wait until the next statement (which would be the 2nd statement) or that the transactions will "post to the rewards area" in a few days. Really frustrating. I hope someone gets them to understand they have a problem with the 2500/400 offer.

Try 1-8669283106 supervisor number left on my voicemail

Some of the reps aren't helpful, my wife had a problem the first time she called. Just keep trying is all I can tell you. I had a little over 42,500 points and they redeemed my bonus points fully so it went down to 0. It was close to a $426 credit. I think they realized that redeeming them fully was a mistake because they only redeemed $400 of my wife's 44,800 and some odd points(she received a bonus by using their rewards boost mall). But we both could see the pay with points option right after they did this for us, so I was able to redeem another $25 on the site manually for her. But now we have to spend $160 more on her card, which I'm not too happy about, to get the next $25 out and be done with it. I'm not leaving close to 2,400 points in there, that's for sure.

greatpgmr said:   hoops77 said:   Tell them you want to open a case number, that you should have the pay with points option. They'll fully redeem your points on phone, just have a recent purchase in mind you want to redeem against. Takes a couple of days for the credit to post to your account. Me and my wife both did this.

Tried this twice and failed both times. Reps keep saying they don't see any qualified transactions and that I need to wait until the next statement (which would be the 2nd statement) or that the transactions will "post to the rewards area" in a few days. Really frustrating. I hope someone gets them to understand they have a problem with the 2500/400 offe

depreshun said: Dear depreshun:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We can certainly address your concern regarding the rewards redemption on your account.

We have forwarded your concern to the appropriate department for assistance with the website redemption. Please allow us 7 to 10 business days, maximum of 30 days to resolve the website issue. We will notify you accordingly once it has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

depreshun said:   depreshun said: Dear depreshun:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We can certainly address your concern regarding the rewards redemption on your account.

We have forwarded your concern to the appropriate department for assistance with the website redemption. Please allow us 7 to 10 business days, maximum of 30 days to resolve the website issue. We will notify you accordingly once it has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

This is very similar to the reply that I received requesting a statement credit for my posted points. 7 to 30 days. Great customer service!

That's ridiculous... maybe I'll just try calling that supervisor number when I get my 42.5k

depreshun said:   depreshun said: Dear depreshun:

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Signature. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the reward points on your account.

Please be advised that your first statement was not generated yet; thus, you were unable to redeem your points. Note that the 42,500 points will be reflected on your March xx, 2013 statement. It may take up to 30 days for the points to post. We can not dispute non-posted points until the 31st day following the statement date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Update to anyone with the 400/2500 offer who cannot redeem points.

I was finally able to get a case opened after the third try. The key seemed to be allowing the CSR to give me the standard "wait 30 days after the first transaction has posted" non-sense, yada, yada ... and then I explained that I was also unable to redeem the points for NFL merchandise. I assume that everyone with this issue is like me ... and although they are presented with the option for redeeming points for NFL merchandise and gift cards, it does not actually work ... instead when you click the redeem now button, you are sent in a never ending loop asking you to sign-in, then click the redeem now button again, repeat ... over and over.

Once it was apparent that there was no way to redeem the points at all, I think the CSR had no option other than to open a case. I suspect the problem is becoming well known and hopefully this issue will be fixed for everyone soon. I will update further as my case progresses.

Does this card have any kind of BT offer with it?

biglittle said:   Does this card have any kind of BT offer with it?

No ... nothing that is even remotely attractive.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.