• Text Only
Got my statement credit as well.

I received a phone call telling me that my statement credit has been applied. Logged in and points are at -0- so they finally got it done. She assured me that the web site would function correctly from this point forward.

Still haven't gotten my credit on the 2500/400 offer. Case opened 3/19 with clueless customer service.

Didn't bother with calling. Sent secure message asking for statement credit. Got a response asking how many points to apply. Have a balance of 40K so I asked for that. They responded the process was ongoing, that I may receive a call.

Relatively painless.

had this card a year ago when the offer was 400/750. canceled it after getting the statement credit. does anybody know if i apply again will i get another $400 or will they catch it and not let me double dip?

I had the NFL Jets card from 400/1000 last year and applied last month for Dolphins 400/2500 without even cancelling the old one and still got the bonus.

So, all $1000 spend req are dead?

sent them a secure message

so far no action

don't want a credit balance obviously, so I'm assuming they will get this done ASAP but 30 days will put me past my next due date...very annoying

Thank you for contacting us regarding your NFL Extra Points Program Visa Platinum. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the rewards on your account.

Please be advised that your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate department for manual redemption. Please allow 7-10 business days or maximum of 30 days for this to be resolved. We will notify you accordingly once the rewards redemption is completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

All I got was a request to call them at the 800 number. PITA.

Hi, anyone know if I buy gift cards like AMEX or WalMart worth $2500 will qualify towards the purchase limit? I am planning to apply today. Also, how long it takes to get the card? Thanks..

Unless you want to pay like $30-40 to "expedite" the card it took me about a week and a half to get the cards.

sureshkumarksk said:   I had the NFL Jets card from 400/1000 last year and applied last month for Dolphins 400/2500 without even cancelling the old one and still got the bonus.

What is the amount you were approved last year and what's the amount you approved last month?

Vb

Weird. I just applied and got approved for 7000; however, under the program overview, I don't see 40,000 points anywhere. So I called the 800 number, and he said he saw it on his system but it doesn't reflect online - not sure why. He's mailing me that agreement that he sees and to call back to activate the card after I see the 40,000 points on that agreement to be sure. Anyone experienced this? This is my second card, and it's mater card. My first one was visa.

What a bizarre system Barclay's has. After three calls to different numbers, I finally got someone who claimed he understood the situation and that I needed to make an additional $25 "qualifying purchase" before my points would be redeemable for a statement credit. When I asked what "qualifying" meant, we suddenly had a language barrier. ::shrug:: So I made an additional purchase. Hasn't posted yet. We'll see if that works.

nittany - that sounds like a ploy to get you to spend more!

Don't bother with the regular # on the back of the card. Call the supervisor/escalation number 1-866 928 3106.

Yesterday I tried calling the regular # - and even with a case # it was pointless. The lady kept saying that points could only be redeemed against NFL purchases, and since I had none, that was why I couldn't redeem. Argg.

Then I called the escalation #, spoke to a supervisor, and she said she had heard something about this problem, and finally the credit appeared on my account this morning. AND the "Pay with Points" feature is activated on my web login now. Thank god.

moneybie said:   Weird. I just applied and got approved for 7000; however, under the program overview, I don't see 40,000 points anywhere. So I called the 800 number, and he said he saw it on his system but it doesn't reflect online - not sure why. He's mailing me that agreement that he sees and to call back to activate the card after I see the 40,000 points on that agreement to be sure. Anyone experienced this? This is my second card, and it's mater card. My first one was visa.

Yes, I can't see the 40,000 under the rewards tab either. I send a secure message and asked them to verify that, which they did. Will ask again before activating the card.

I just called and tried to cancel my card - open for a month. They offered 2500 bonus points to retain me. So I guess I got another $25 from them after one purchase in the next 90 days.

Make sure one of your purchases is for $425 (or smaller ones that add up to exactly $425). You will be able to get $25 extra for the 1% Cash Back on the $2500 in purchases...

Sorry, I don't quite get this.. Why one of the purchase should be $425? They don't credit if it is more than that?

They will do it in $25 dollar increments if its over the point you have. If you got the 40k points for 2.5k spend, its not a big deal, just make a big purchase, and you can apply 42500 points towards it.

If you got the 40k points for 1k spend, then it was more importaint to get a charge for right around $410. Since that way you could cash out all your points(since you only end up with 41k points). If you made a charge for $415 dollars you would be stuck only getting to use 40k points, and lose out on the other 10 bucks.

defjukie said:   yOyOYoo said:   I got anxious and I called Barclays again regarding the statement credit.

It looks like they go by the amount of points that POST on your statement balance.

While other cc companies like Chase give you your rewards points AFTER posting on statement balance, Barclays seems to show you the points earned mid cycle. I was told the reason I couldn't redeem for any statement credit or NFL merchandise was because when my statement closed, the points earned during that statement did not hit the minimum threshold of 2500 points ($25 credit).

I was assured that if I wait until the next statement posting that the points earned will now all be available for statement credit (or NFL merchandise). Supervisor told me that there was nothing that could be done until the next statement posting day. I'll just patiently keep waiting for now.

This is what I was told too. Lo and behold, my statement closed and I still don't have the option for a statement credit. YMMV, but they seem completely inept.

This is nuts. The least they could do is to revise their help text so it's clear that you don't get the option until your acct has been open for a couple of months.

Last year it was Mastercard with 5000 limit and last month its Visa with 5600 limit.

I talked with a manager at the escalation line. She told me I had to use the points for the exact amount of a transaction. She refused to submit my request for a $425 credit. She said she would apply 37,500 points to a $375 purchase, but could not apply the $42,500 to the total outstanding balance.

What a pain!

On hold for her manager right now.

Kev

That's the way Barclay's system works. Exact same on the Priceline card.

You have to have enough points to cover an entire transaction.

CRKev said:   I talked with a manager at the escalation line. She told me I had to use the points for the exact amount of a transaction. She refused to submit my request for a $425 credit. She said she would apply 37,500 points to a $375 purchase, but could not apply the $42,500 to the total outstanding balance.

What a pain!

Kev

Just remember, to apply points BEFORE the statement date!!. I just did that for the Priceline 5k signup and my statement closing is next week. Applied the points yesterday and today the credit for 52.50 is on the books. If you wait too long, you get billed and must use the card again the following month and spend 25.00 or more. Then start waiting again. Very crafty and complicated, since they are the only ones to do the redemption this way. card is sock drawered as i am concentrating on bonus spending.

vegas4x4 said:   That's the way Barclay's system works. Exact same on the Priceline card.

You have to have enough points to cover an entire transaction.

CRKev said:   I talked with a manager at the escalation line. She told me I had to use the points for the exact amount of a transaction. She refused to submit my request for a $425 credit. She said she would apply 37,500 points to a $375 purchase, but could not apply the $42,500 to the total outstanding balance.

What a pain!

Kev

What if the transaction is more than the points? For example I have one transaction for $480. I only have 42000 points. Can I pay for that partially using points, ($420)?

With Priceline card, no, you have to have enough points to cover the full transaction. I would guess the NFL card is the same.

king0fSpades said:   
What if the transaction is more than the points? For example I have one transaction for $480. I only have 42000 points. Can I pay for that partially using points, ($420)?

With Priceline card, no, you have to have enough points to cover the full transaction. I would guess the NFL card is the same.

king0fSpades said:   

king0fSpades said:   What if the transaction is more than the points? For example I have one transaction for $480. I only have 42000 points. Can I pay for that partially using points, ($420)?
If you don't have enough pts to cover the entire purchase then it goes by $25 increments for small purchases and $50 increments for big purchases (I think the $25/50 increment change is around the $200 purchase mark, don't know exactly)

If you have a $480 purchase but only 42000 pts then you should be able to redeem 40000 for a $400 credit which will leave you with 2000 pts -- min redemption is 2500 pts so you'll need to earn 500 more pts in order to redeem for a $25 credit later on

Another option would be to make a $70 purchase and redeem 7000 pts ($70) first, then redeem 35000 pts ($350) towards the $480 purchase -- this way you're only leaving 70 pts behind from the $70 purchase which is no big deal

I had a $1,210 purchase and they gave me grief about applying to that. End result, they gave the whole $425 credit to me, but I had to up the ladder to get it done.

I will cancel it soon.

Kev

Not sure if this has been covered, apologies if this is a dupe.

Can the statement credit apply to purchases meeting the minimum spend?

pickaroonwyo said:   Not sure if this has been covered, apologies if this is a dupe.

Can the statement credit apply to purchases meeting the minimum spend?

They sure can. Otherwise it would be a lousy deal.

Such a PIA rewards.

I applied for the NFL Card in mid March. Just hit $2500 and change in spend and my 40,000 rewards points showed up instantly. Had no issue applying a statement credit against one of my larger purchases (non NFL merchandise). Still have 2517 in points so will make a $486 spend so I can cash out the remaining 3000 points or $30. Will probably spend once a month or so on the card just to see if I get any targeted spending offers. Overall my experience with this card has been pretty good. The points posted a day or two after transaction, much better than my AMEX Blue Cash Preferred which is at least a month behind posting rewards. Many thanks to the FWF community for passing along this card opportunity.

mihiker said:   I applied for the NFL Card in mid March. Just hit $2500 and change in spend and my 40,000 rewards points showed up instantly. Had no issue applying a statement credit against one of my larger purchases (non NFL merchandise). Still have 2517 in points so will make a $486 spend so I can cash out the remaining 3000 points or $30. Will probably spend once a month or so on the card just to see if I get any targeted spending offers. Overall my experience with this card has been pretty good. The points posted a day or two after transaction, much better than my AMEX Blue Cash Preferred which is at least a month behind posting rewards. Many thanks to the FWF community for passing along this card opportunity.You should be able to apply 2500 pts ($25) towards any $25+ purchase -- no need to reach 3000 pts

Based on past evidence, sock drawering is more likely to get you a targeted spend offer than spending once a month. Examples of a targeted spend offer would be spending $750 a month for 3 months in a row in exchange for 20k more points.

jatan1986 said:   mihiker said:   I applied for the NFL Card in mid March. Just hit $2500 and change in spend and my 40,000 rewards points showed up instantly. Had no issue applying a statement credit against one of my larger purchases (non NFL merchandise). Still have 2517 in points so will make a $486 spend so I can cash out the remaining 3000 points or $30. Will probably spend once a month or so on the card just to see if I get any targeted spending offers. Overall my experience with this card has been pretty good. The points posted a day or two after transaction, much better than my AMEX Blue Cash Preferred which is at least a month behind posting rewards. Many thanks to the FWF community for passing along this card opportunity.You should be able to apply 2500 pts ($25) towards any $25+ purchase -- no need to reach 3000 pts

Thanks, yes I can redeem for 2500. Was trying to cash out the last 14 points or $0.14 but now realized that was kind of silly. Better off putting the $486 on one of my 2% back cards and just loose the $0.14 Thanks for pointing out!

centrifuge41 said:   Based on past evidence, sock drawering is more likely to get you a targeted spend offer than spending once a month. Examples of a targeted spend offer would be spending $750 a month for 3 months in a row in exchange for 20k more points.

Thank you for the tip!

Just curious: what would happen if you put right around $2,500 on the card, got the 40k points, applied the $400 statement credit, then ended up getting a partial refund ($100-200) on one of the larger purchases that comprised the original $2,500 (resulting in the total spend being < $2,500)??

Not trying to game the system here, just what's happening with me (stemming from a Paypal transaction). Should I go back and put another $100-200 on the card to play it safe?

icecube said:   Just curious: what would happen if you put right around $2,500 on the card, got the 40k points, applied the $400 statement credit, then ended up getting a partial refund ($100-200) on one of the larger purchases that comprised the original $2,500 (resulting in the total spend being < $2,500)??

Not trying to game the system here, just what's happening with me (stemming from a Paypal transaction). Should I go back and put another $100-200 on the card to play it safe?

I can only answer for myself and how I, personally, would handle this:

It's a nice reward and I would not jeopardize it for the sake of a couple hundred more in charges. I would play safe. Not saying they will catch you. It might fall beneath their radar. But if it were me I'd not take the chance. I'd make the substitute charges and make sure to get them onto the card timely in accord with the original offer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.