• Text Only

redeeming points
Disclaimer
icecube said:   Just curious: what would happen if you put right around $2,500 on the card, got the 40k points, applied the $400 statement credit, then ended up getting a partial refund ($100-200) on one of the larger purchases that comprised the original $2,500 (resulting in the total spend being < $2,500)??

Not trying to game the system here, just what's happening with me (stemming from a Paypal transaction). Should I go back and put another $100-200 on the card to play it safe?

Here's a screenshot to help you get a better understanding. Hope it helps

How long it usually takes to get the 40,000 points on the account? I just made a big one purchase for $2700 right after receiving the card.

They usually show up when the transaction posts, you don't have to wait for the statement. Your points should be there soon.

geewitz123 said:   How long it usually takes to get the 40,000 points on the account? I just made a big one purchase for $2700 right after receiving the card.

Yeah, I went ahead and made another couple hundred in purchases to be safe.
I've only had the card a month so plenty of time...

shinobi1 said:   icecube said:   Just curious: what would happen if you put right around $2,500 on the card, got the 40k points, applied the $400 statement credit, then ended up getting a partial refund ($100-200) on one of the larger purchases that comprised the original $2,500 (resulting in the total spend being < $2,500)??

Not trying to game the system here, just what's happening with me (stemming from a Paypal transaction). Should I go back and put another $100-200 on the card to play it safe?

I can only answer for myself and how I, personally, would handle this:

It's a nice reward and I would not jeopardize it for the sake of a couple hundred more in charges. I would play safe. Not saying they will catch you. It might fall beneath their radar. But if it were me I'd not take the chance. I'd make the substitute charges and make sure to get them onto the card timely in accord with the original offer.

I finally got my points redeemed for statement credit. I had the $2500 spend offer. I did not have the online redemption option. I had paid off my balance in full, and so I had a zero balance with 42,500 points. I had to send several messages through the website asking how to redeem, and I had to make a phone call. They said I didn't have any qualifying purchases. I told them the T&C stated I could redeem my rewards towards any purchase of 2500 points or more, and that I had plenty of purchases. They said they would have to look into it and they gave me a case number. This was March 28. Same day I got a message on the website asking which purchases I would like to apply it to, and so I came up with 3 purchases totaling $425.72 and I said I would like the 42,5000 points to cover $425 of those purchases. They said ok and it would take 7-10 business days and up to 30. So today is 8 days later and it had not been applied so I continued to message them. Finally it has been done and I now have a credit balance on my card.

Bottom line, just like with any company these days, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Definitely the most PIA I have ever dealt with for redeeming rewards, but since it was $425 for purchases I would have made anyways, I would gladly do it again.

After calling the supervisor's line (thanks again, mactv!), I was given a case # and after about a week I was able to apply for a statement credit. Whew. What a hassle.

Finally got my rewards redeemed yesterday after several phone calls and email messages. What a screwy system. Zero balance and into the sock drawer it goes. Don't think I'll be using this one again.

My points posted on wed. secure messaged them about redeeming for statement credit. Received a message back within 5 hours and a phone call later saying they were working to give me that functionality. This morning the option is available.

centrifuge41 said:   Based on past evidence, sock drawering is more likely to get you a targeted spend offer than spending once a month. Examples of a targeted spend offer would be spending $750 a month for 3 months in a row in exchange for 20k more points.

I sock drawered the NFL 400/1000 cards I got- one from the previous offer, one from this one... And then I later applied for the Priceline and Sally Mae cards which are also Barclay. I was turned down because they want me to have more history with them. My credit is excellent, etc.

So I'm playing their game; making the occasional small purchase and paying it off for a few months, then trying again during my next AOR. Basically, if you want to get other cards from Barclay, you might want to reconsider sock drawering.

Athenakt said:   centrifuge41 said:   Based on past evidence, sock drawering is more likely to get you a targeted spend offer than spending once a month. Examples of a targeted spend offer would be spending $750 a month for 3 months in a row in exchange for 20k more points.

I sock drawered the NFL 400/1000 cards I got- one from the previous offer, one from this one... And then I later applied for the Priceline and Sally Mae cards which are also Barclay. I was turned down because they want me to have more history with them. My credit is excellent, etc.

So I'm playing their game; making the occasional small purchase and paying it off for a few months, then trying again during my next AOR. Basically, if you want to get other cards from Barclay, you might want to reconsider sock drawering.

so you applied for a NFL Barclays card, got the bonus, and later got another NFL card on a different offer?
I'm trying to weigh my chances of getting a second NFL card.

nwill002 said:   so you applied for a NFL Barclays card, got the bonus, and later got another NFL card on a different offer?
I'm trying to weigh my chances of getting a second NFL card.
Many here got one card w/ bonus, then anothe card w/ bonus > 60 days later, myself included. YMMV of course.

thanks, link to offer currently says $400 but when you click apply now and the card selector shows up the offer changes to $100 in the background. Anyone else have this happen and still get the $400 offer?

EDIT: appears to be a firefox thing. chrome and IE dont do this

nwill -- Yes, two cards. I picked two different teams, but I'm not sure if that is needed or not. This is on top of a last year app for a different Barclays card.

They have been a hassle for others. My experience with them has been nothing short of stellar. Great CS, increased credit limits, CashBack on the first call to CS... It's like 2007 for me. Ok, I exaggerate. But it's good. DW has had the same experience.

Just had my husband apply for the card. Had to use the individual links from TheDigglers post halfway down the first page. When I used the top link on Page 1 the initial page showed the 40,000 points bonus but the T&C indicated only 10,000. Followed the link for the generic NFL card further down on the page and the T&C indicated the 40,000 after $2500 spend. Just wanted folks to be aware when they're applying.

I called recon line after my app was in pending status... denied specifically for already having an NFL card.

nwill002 said:   I called recon line after my app was in pending status... denied specifically for already having an NFL card.Might be worth it to wait a few days and call again. You have up to 30 days usually for reconsideration.

mrbigballer said:   I. Finally it has been done and I now have a credit balance on my card.

I also ended up w/ a credit balance despite my best attempts to get it applied to charges on the card (long story, also PIA). They were good enough to issue a check for that credit balance so, if interested, you might inquire............

Just got a BT check for 0% apr till June 2014 with a 1% fee; only got it for one of the cards.

Rewdog said:   Just got a BT check for 0% apr till June 2014 with a 1% fee; only got it for one of the cards.

got the similar offer with 3% fee...

DW got rejected after calling the consideration line. The rep asked why she wanted a new card (already took the $400 after 1000 deal earlier). She said she needed a MC because Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa. Didn't work...he said she closed the other account too quickly...

Is it worth another call or is it a dead issue? Hate to think we wasted an inquiry.

Rewdog said:   Just got a BT check for 0% apr till June 2014 with a 1% fee; only got it for one of the cards.

Funny. I got two offers on my card (none so far on my wife's). One is a 0% apr till July 2014 with 2% fee or 0% apr until Oct 2014 with 3% fee.

trekwars2000 said:   Rewdog said:   Just got a BT check for 0% apr till June 2014 with a 1% fee; only got it for one of the cards.

Funny. I got two offers on my card (none so far on my wife's). One is a 0% apr till July 2014 with 2% fee or 0% apr until Oct 2014 with 3% fee.

I got this offer on my card and the offer Rewdog got on the wife's card ... not sure what their criteria is ...

Just wanted to say THANKS!!!

Signed up for the card, got it a week or so later. Spent just over $4k a few days later (stupid medical bills). A few weeks later (today) I just logged in to see whats up. Statement was posted yesterday, and I had 44,000 points! 40k for signing up and 4k additional for the $4k transaction?

Click the "redeem points" button and in 24 hours my statement should reflect $400 less (I had the option to redeem at 30k, 35k, 40k).

Thanks!

I kinda hate to post this, what with many of the folks here having trouble getting their bonus... Barclays today credited my account a SECOND $425 bonus! I had called them a few / several weeks back and asked for my points as a statement credit, which they did. I paid the remaining balance and the account went to $0. Today my statement reads a credit of $425! I LOVE this country! um... er... England?

So I just got a targeted e-mail... ( I opened this card in February, fought for my $425, received $425, then sock drawered it)

You already earn points for every purchase with your new NFL Extra Points Visa® Card. And with this special offer your card is now more rewarding than ever. Score 10,000 bonus points when you spend over $1,000 in new purchases each month in May, June and July.¹

Every play scores points!
Filling up your gas tank. Dining out. Purchasing game tickets. Even monthly expenses, like cell phone and utility bills, will earn points when you pay with your card. Best of all, for a limited time, all these new purchases can add up to 10,000 bonus points!

Your new card is more rewarding than ever.
Just use your card every time you make a purchase to take advantage of this great offer. Remember, you need to spend over $1,000 in new purchases each month from May through July to qualify. You'll be redeeming your points for great NFL behind-the-scenes experiences, NFL merchandise, tickets or 1% Cash Back in no time at all!²

¹ Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 10,000 bonus points after you charge over $1,000 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from May 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013. If you do not spend over $1,000 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus points as part of this offer. To receive your bonus points, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus points will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler's checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.

² Cardmembers may redeem Points for a variety of rewards including NFL gift cards, certain NFL merchandise, NFL collectibles, NFL-based experiences and Cash Back via a statement credit toward any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days. All rewards selections are subject to availability. Statement credits will appear on the Account within one billing cycle after the Points are redeemed. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and you are required to make your minimum payment due. Statement credit redemptions cannot be changed, are non-refundable and non-transferable. To redeem Points for rewards, Cardmembers should visit www.mynflcard.com.

³ Primary cardholder is responsible for all authorized user transactions.

I got that same offer

daw4888 said:   I got that same offer

High five! I was just debating. I will probably just do the $3K purchases and tier so I can get $125 back. Yep I am considering leaving $5 on the table as I don't want to spend the extra $2K with their card.

Same offer here. 3.33% Cash Back beats any of the other cards I own, I'll take it.

Anymore $400 back for $1000 being spent?

depreshun said:   daw4888 said:   I got that same offer

High five! I was just debating. I will probably just do the $3K purchases and tier so I can get $125 back. Yep I am considering leaving $5 on the table as I don't want to spend the extra $2K with their card.

You won't leave anything on the table if you spend exactly $3k and then redeem for a $100 purchase and a $30 purchase (or some other combination of purchases over $25 each that add up to $130).

daw4888 said:   I got that same offer

me3

doveroftke said:   depreshun said:   daw4888 said:   I got that same offer

You won't leave anything on the table if you spend exactly $3k and then redeem for a $100 purchase and a $30 purchase (or some other combination of purchases over $25 each that add up to $130).

Ah hah! Green to you. I keep thinking it is "increments" of $25. Thanks for the heads-up!

But I guess they do kinda got ya in the sense that the 10K points are not going to post until 6-8 weeks after July 31st. So a $100+ purchase will be needed after the points post to offset the statement credit, yes?

depreshun said:   But I guess they do kinda got ya in the sense that the 10K points are not going to post until 6-8 weeks after July 31st. So a $100+ purchase will be needed after the points post to offset the statement credit, yes?

Nevermind... I just noticed the following within their terms "...and Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days."

depreshun said:   depreshun said:   But I guess they do kinda got ya in the sense that the 10K points are not going to post until 6-8 weeks after July 31st. So a $100+ purchase will be needed after the points post to offset the statement credit, yes?

Nevermind... I just noticed the following within their terms "...and Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days."

But one still must make a purchase equal to or higher than the redemption amount to retrieve the statement credit. Honestly, I am somewhat intelligent but Barclays really makes things confusing! This concludes the Depreshun comedy break, thanks for stopping by and be sure to come see us again very very soon...

me4.
I'm going to go for it. I had left $10 on the table from the original $410 so this is a good way to get that back.
Everyone note: The terms say that you need to "spend over $1,000". So we will have to spend $1001 per month.

mxf said:   daw4888 said:   I got that same offer

me3

Does Barclays count Amazon payments as a Cash Advance?

daw4888 said:   Does Barclays count Amazon payments as a Cash Advance?

I used Amazon payments with all 3 of my Barclays cards (NFL, Priceline, SallieMae) and they were all treated as regular purchases and earned points.

depreshun said:   daw4888 said:   I got that same offer

I spent way too long staring at this and trying to make sense of it.

Has anyone successfully converted an NFL card into something more useful (e.g., Priceline)? If so, any pointers as to how? The phone rep said I had no "upgrades" on my account, and secure mail support said they don't do card conversions.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014