• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free online version of TurboTax premiere if you have a fidelity account.

Login to your fidelity account then goto www.fidelity.com/premier.

Note: state return costs $36.99 more. Federal return includes e-file.

According to SD, this doesn't work in Chrome or IE, but works in Firefox.

Member Summary

free turbotax premiere for fidelity customers
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For those who signed up for the offer but were charged a fee when filing, I just chatted with a TT rep and was given a c... (more)

vwbugman69 (Apr. 04, 2013 @ 10:35a) |

thanks vwbugman69...it worked for me too.

jumroo (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 4:30p) |

Intuit Still Lobbying Hard To Stop Governments From Making It Easy To File Taxes

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2010072... (more)

sagarrefi (Jun. 11, 2013 @ 6:44a) |

TurboTaxJames said:   Hi - giantsfan2 is correct. This offer from Fidelity was intended for Private Client Group and Active Trader customers. For all other Fidelity customers, including 401K plan participants Fidelity offers $10 off Deluxe, $15 off Premier and $20 off Home and Business. And these dollar offer offers are good for both TurboTax Online and desktop download products. To take advantage of these discounts simply visit Fidelity.com and click on the Taxes link under popular topics in the middle of the page. [Highlight added]

works in chrome, just need to accept the security warning (see gray shield at top right of address bar).

State is extra. Deal is OK for all, but best if you live in the following no income tax states:
Alaska
Florida
Nevada
South Dakota
Texas
Washington
Wyoming

DEAD now.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hell yeah. Green for you.

So that's why I try and never rollover 401Ks when switching jobs. Looks legit. Thanks!!

Thanks, looks like it's working here!!!

great! thank you very much! been waiting for some sorta free deal for basic or something like that. Does anybody know how does premier compare to basic / deluxe etc?
green!

Thanks OP. I prefer the download version so I can file multiple returns for other family members. This premier on-line version says only one Federal e-file. Does any one know a way around that?

Waidada said:   great! thank you very much! been waiting for some sorta free deal for basic or something like that. Does anybody know how does premier compare to basic / deluxe etc?
green!

Quoting from TurboTax website,

TurboTax Premier includes everything in Deluxe, plus additional features to help you get the most from your investments and rental properties.

nice find, tx!

works in chrome, just need to accept the security warning (see gray shield at top right of address bar).

I thought I can download. For online, I pass. I am not going to share my tax return info with TurboTax for free.

It's a pretty good deal, but once you factor in the cost of the state, it's only $3 cheaper than the deluxe version on Amazon right now (which includes a state and multiple e-files). Premier's probably good for people with rental properties, but deluxe is great for anything else (never found I needed their "guidance" for simple stock buys/sales... maybe if you do a lot of options or something).

Also TT on Amazon right now essentially comes with a free Quicken Deluxe.

Dear internets,
I love you.
-Red

Thanks OP.

mikemagik said:   It's a pretty good deal, but once you factor in the cost of the state, it's only $3 cheaper than the deluxe version on Amazon right now (which includes a state and multiple e-files)..
Well. This deal is perfect for people who don't have state income taxes.

Can someone tell me how does pricing for these tax softwares work?

If i go to store, I can buy basic, deluxe with state, premier etc. Federal file is free but they charge for state file. So what am i paying for instore, the software?
Online it says start for free, federal is free - pay for the state, so if I am only paying for filing that why would someone buy the software inshore.

Thanks

dnerif said:   I thought I can download. For online, I pass. I am not going to share my tax return info with TurboTax for free.Wait, so you'd only use it if you had to pay for it?

CRAP!

Just purchased and installed basic version from Staples. I needed to get started with taxes and basic is all that I ever need. At least I was able to get some useless software for "free" that I immediately sold on eBay. I will remember this for next year.

Green for you OP!

starcrossed said:   Can someone tell me how does pricing for these tax softwares work?

If i go to store, I can buy basic, deluxe with state, premier etc. Federal file is free but they charge for state file. So what am i paying for instore, the software?
Online it says start for free, federal is free - pay for the state, so if I am only paying for filing that why would someone buy the software inshore.

Thanks

Softwares?

The Deluxe version in store gives you federal and ONE state. You can efile a bunch of federal returns, and you can do multiple state returns IN THAT STATE. If you want more states (i.e. you work in more than one), each costs money. You can't efile the state return for free, but postage is a lot cheaper than efiling for the fee. Your returns are on your computer, when you efile it's an encrypted data flow and that's true for any efiles.

With online, you a) have to give them all your info online, b) can only file one federal return for free.

I do returns for four different people including ours. I need to efile four federal returns. I only need ONE state for the state returns, and I mail them all together to save postage.

FYI - if you buy Staples 100% Rewards (see other threads) batteries in the Fall, you can use those Reward checks to buy TurboTax Deluxe for $50, Quicken for $20 or less, and a Free after rebate antivirus package. Sell Quicken, sell the Antivirus package, and TurboTax is close to free. Plus you have lots of AA and AAA batteries.

EradicateSpam said:   starcrossed said:   Can someone tell me how does pricing for these tax softwares work?

Thanks

Softwares?

The Deluxe version in store gives you federal and ONE state. You can efile a bunch of federal returns, and you can do multiple state returns IN THAT STATE. If you want more states (i.e. you work in more than one), each costs money. You can't efile the state return for free, but postage is a lot cheaper than efiling for the fee. Your returns are on your computer, when you efile it's an encrypted data flow and that's true for any efiles.

With online, you a) have to give them all your info online, b) can only file one federal return for free.

I do returns for four different people including ours. I need to efile four federal returns. I only need ONE state for the state returns, and I mail them all together to save postage.

FYI - if you buy Staples 100% Rewards (see other threads) batteries in the Fall, you can use those Reward checks to buy TurboTax Deluxe for $50, Quicken for $20 or less, and a Free after rebate antivirus package. Sell Quicken, sell the Antivirus package, and TurboTax is close to free. Plus you have lots of AA and AAA batteries.

You made a very good point. Reading and "writing" are good skills to possess. While the pricing has been made confusing, and there is something wrong with having to pay to pay your taxes, without those other skills no version TT may be the solution

If its like the delux it will calculate the state but charge to efile, you can go to your state website and enter the numbers

Works in Safari for Mac. Green for you OP.

Thanks

This appears to work just fine with the 2012 return I had already started with Premier online version (with their "start now, pay when you file" system). It adds some Fidelity logos and now shows a $0.00 price for my order. Thanks!

And I often don't buy any state filing support - while I have state income tax, the process is dead simple. Even though my federal return is fairly complicated - I need many forms that Deluxe does not support - my state just copies a few 'final' numbers from the federal form, and then takes separate state withholding of course. I've lived in one other state where that was not at all the case - the state filing was roughly as complex as federal. I just recommend my fellow cheapskates consider what they may get out of a state return program after all of the federal paperwork is complete.

OP,
Is Download Version free?

wow, nice. I'll stick with TaxAct since it imports all my 2012 data, but I can double-check and save my results this way and next year see which has the better deal. as long as I don't accidentally file two returns for two refunds.

Very nice. Getting an early start this year.

Wow thanks for the heads-up! I can likely return the copy of TurboTax desktop version I just bought at CostCo ...

You may be able to set up separate logins for each return. That's what I have done in the past.

If I have to buy the state for 36.99, is it better to get this for free + 36.99 or will the premier w/ state eventually go on sale for less than 36.99?

Does anyone know how this compares to the Freedom edition?

I had already started part of my return with the Freedom edition (via TurboTax's taxfreedom.com site), but when I attempted to login via the Fideltiy Premier link it took me back to the Freedom edition.

I'm just curious if it's worthwhile to input the data into the Premier version (I do have a rental property).

This comparison chart gives some information, but doesn't exclusively list the Freedom version: http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/compare.jsp

Thanks

Quite a few state comptrollers/tax offices offer free online filing once you have all the info from the federal return.
Maryland's, for example: https://interactive.marylandtaxes.com/Individuals/iFile_ChooseFo...

CA offers free filing too. CA Franchise Tax Board

CA Franchise Tax Board e-file

There is the TurboTax Federal Free Edition: Free to Prepare, Free to Print, Free to Efile
$27.99 State (optional)

http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.js...

I don't know if the Free edition is equivalent to the Deluxe version, but if you do not need the premier edition, which is supposedly better those with rental properties and Stock and Mutual fund trading, then maybe Free edition with the cheaper state version is the way to go.

hmmmm......shows $34.99 for me. logged into fidelity and signed into TurboTax.

any help?

ECereal said:   hmmmm......shows $34.99 for me. logged into fidelity and signed into TurboTax.

any help?

Me too. Thought I was missing something.

This is dead. It was live for a few days but apparently Fidelity didn't intend for it to be available to all of their customers.

Hi - giantsfan2 is correct. This offer from Fidelity was intended for Private Client Group and Active Trader customers. For all other Fidelity customers, including 401K plan participants Fidelity offers $10 off Deluxe, $15 off Premier and $20 off Home and Business. And these dollar offer offers are good for both TurboTax Online and desktop download products. To take advantage of these discounts simply visit Fidelity.com and click on the Taxes link under popular topics in the middle of the page.

It worked for me the fees showed free then when i went back and signed up the next day,it was not free any more

Skipping 8 Messages...
Intuit Still Lobbying Hard To Stop Governments From Making It Easy To File Taxes

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100723/09055310339.shtml

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014