• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It appears that all of the threads for these banks have been archived. Anyways, after closing new sign ups for a while, they all seem to be accepting new accounts again.

Mega Money Market:
Earns interest of 1.10% APY* calculated on your daily balance of up to $35,000. Amounts over $35,000 earn .50% APY*

The Money Market Account is still at 1.1% since late 2011, who knows how long that will last?

Rewards Checking:
Interest earnings of 2.00% APY* are calculated on your daily balance of up to $10,000. Amounts over $10,000 will earn .50% APY

http://redneckbank.com
http://evantagebank.com
http://americanetbank.com

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Damn, the way rewards checking accounts have crashed, I sure picked the right day to blow all my savings on crack and ho... (more)

mattun (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 11:38p) |

It is less about interest and more about convenience. I only had the Evantage account open based on its higher interest ... (more)

tennis8363 (Sep. 07, 2013 @ 8:06a) |

Yeah, with only a 0.3% difference between evantage and alliant, no reason to have the separate account.

tjguitar85 (Sep. 07, 2013 @ 1:00p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A small heads-up to those people looking to open an account at all 3 banks (like I did earlier this week)...

All 3 banks use the same software - so after enrolling at 2 of the 3 banks you must wait 24 hours before you enroll at the third. Otherwise, the system will lock you out for 72 hours.

Also, after enrolling in the individual banks Mega Money Market accounts, wait 24 hours before you try to create an online username and password for each bank.

The Evantage online system is terrible and taking money out is a challenge.

Two questions for people already signed up:
1. Can you do free transfers to and from your "home" account, as with Ally and ING/Capital One?
2. If not, is there a fee for checks?
Thanks!

Redneck Bank® is a trade name and trademark owned and used by Bank of the Wichitas®. The internet banking division of Bank of the Wichitas®.

-git ur done!

drdobro said:   Two questions for people already signed up:
1. Can you do free transfers to and from your "home" account, as with Ally and ING/Capital One?
Thanks!

In the past yes, not sure now.

There is no ACH capability at these banks anymore. The old system sucked and was very slow but at least it was possible.

It's been the same message for months:

Regretfully, we are temporarily discontinuing our Bank-to-Bank Transfer service from our current provider. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We will notify you when our new provider is in place.

In any case, it's still possible to push/pull from other institutions.

Able to fund by CC?

tennis8363 said:   The Evantage online system is terrible and taking money out is a challenge.

it might not be as convenient as the other bigger banks. But I find that it is not too difficult. Last yr I needed to withdraw $25k for down payment of house. I called them to ask for possible ways of withdraw. I got a cashier's check of $25k shipped overnight to my house. So not as convenient as ACH, but no all that bad.... Just my personal experience...

kintro said:   There is no ACH capability at these banks anymore. The old system sucked and was very slow but at least it was possible.

It's been the same message for months:

Regretfully, we are temporarily discontinuing our Bank-to-Bank Transfer service from our current provider. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We will notify you when our new provider is in place.

In any case, it's still possible to push/pull from other institutions.

YES, although Evantage doesn't ACH anymore, but they do accept ACH from other banks.
I have tried:
1.) ACH initiated from my B of A account (b of a charged me $3, takes 3-4 days)
2.) used bill pay from B of A with my name and Evantage account (takes about a week to 1.5 weeks)

In the past I ACH'd from and to Alliant with no issues.

I am able to ACH in through my other accounts. I will try a pull from my local bank and see how long it takes.

Yeah, if you are expecting a mature, well executed web site, you will be sorely disappointed (don't even think about a mobile app!) but for the last couple of years it has paid 3x, 4x and 20x my other savings accounts/MMA.

What do you expect from something named Reneck Bank? Tell all your friends in the middle class you bank there. Wait 90 days. See how many remain.

What am I missing here? This looks like it's just a bad reward checking account and a savings rate .15% higher than Ally is offering with no ability to do ACH transers.

tennis8363 said:   The Evantage online system is terrible and taking money out is a challenge.

Just do ACH pulls from your checking account. Works for me.

drdobro said:   Two questions for people already signed up:
Thanks!

1. It depends on who your "home" account is. Evantage doesn't charge a fee for ACH pulls from external banks. If "home" account doesn't charge a fee then you're good.

dbl118 said:   What am I missing here? This looks like it's just a bad reward checking account and a savings rate .15% higher than Ally is offering with no ability to do ACH transers.
MMA account has had a stable rate for a long time. Its dropped only once over the last year or more from 1.25% to 1.1% APY.

dbl118 said:   What am I missing here? This looks like it's just a bad reward checking account and a savings rate .15% higher than Ally is offering with no ability to do ACH transers.

Historically, rates have been higher than other options. Who knows if it that will continue when everyone starts raising rates. Furthermore, none of these banks are listed in the big yield thread.

tjguitar85 said:   dbl118 said:   What am I missing here? This looks like it's just a bad reward checking account and a savings rate .15% higher than Ally is offering with no ability to do ACH transers.

Historically, rates have been higher than other options. Who knows if it that will continue when everyone starts raising rates. Furthermore, none of these banks are listed in the big yield thread.

They used to be listed in the HYS thread...but were removed because it wasnt available for new enrollment for all/most of 2012.

How long Rewards Checking: Interest earnings of 2.00% APY* can last?

I do remote ACH pull monthly for interst earned that goes above 35K and do ACH push occasionally. Funds show up next business day.

They discontinued bill-pay sometime last year. It was slow, very slow.

A big problem is that their online statement doesn't have bank logo. This makes it very hard if you need proof of funds.

AugustFour said:   How long Rewards Checking: Interest earnings of 2.00% APY* can last?

It keeps dropping, but the requirements (10 Debit transactions) are REAL easy for me personally because eBay Seller account transactions work. So I basically do it in 4 days paying for something I would pay anyway.

Did any of you have trouble with their automated identity verification process (through Equifax, I believe?) when you opened your account? I just tried creating a new Money Market account, but got this message:

Identity Verification
We apologize for the inconvenience, but there is a problem with the accuracy of the information you provided.
In order to provide the highest levels of security around your personal information, we cannot proceed with the account opening process.
To speak with someone at Evantage Bank®, please call us at 888-210-1868.

Anybody know if Evantange had some type of security breach lately? I had no access to online banking yesterday and today I had to change my password to log on. Seems like SOP for a data breach, but no indication from Evantage themselves.

can you set up more than 1 rewards checking account with each of these banks?
Do they do a hard credit pull when you open an account?

EdMcK515 said:   Anybody know if Evantange had some type of security breach lately? I had no access to online banking yesterday and today I had to change my password to log on. Seems like SOP for a data breach, but no indication from Evantage themselves.

There was a message on the Evantage website that their online banking was down. Seems to be working now, I was able to log in and didn't have to change my password.

Silverthunder said:   can you set up more than 1 rewards checking account with each of these banks?You can set up 2 rewards checking accounts per bank (total of 6).

My debit card for AmericaNetBank is expiring this month and I have seen no new one. Does this mean something?

No log in and no contact links for Evantage today. You can click and the page doesn't exist.

clearanceman said:   No log in and no contact links for Evantage today. You can click and the page doesn't exist.Must be fixed now... I logged on less than 5 minutes ago.

iLoveTahoe said:   clearanceman said:   No log in and no contact links for Evantage today. You can click and the page doesn't exist.Must be fixed now... I logged on less than 5 minutes ago.

Thanks, I'll try again. I always think they took the money and ran because they used the term redneck bank, always made me think they were fly by night. But they are Southwest Bank, they just like stupid names.

Upcoming rate changes for the Mega Money Market accounts at Redneck, Evantage, and AmericaNet banks...

"Effective September 19, 2013, rates are changing on Mega Money Market accounts to.90% APY* on daily balances less than or equal to $35,000.00 and .50% APY* on daily balances greater than $35,000."

iLoveTahoe said:   Upcoming rate changes for the Mega Money Market accounts at Redneck, Evantage, and AmericaNet banks...

"Effective September 19, 2013, rates are changing on Mega Money Market accounts to.90% APY* on daily balances less than or equal to $35,000.00 and .50% APY* on daily balances greater than $35,000."

Time to close out the account and move it to SmartyPig.

tennis8363 said:   
iLoveTahoe said:   Upcoming rate changes for the Mega Money Market accounts at Redneck, Evantage, and AmericaNet banks...

Really? For 0.1%? And how long will it need to stay at SmartyPig at that "higher" rate to offset the interest lost while the money is in transit?

I am also glad to see people are still so hellbent on closing accounts when a rate drops from #1 to #2 on the list. Because its not like that order could flip-flop again next week or anything....

Damn, the way rewards checking accounts have crashed, I sure picked the right day to blow all my savings on crack and ho's.

Glitch99 said:   
tennis8363 said:   

Really? For 0.1%? And how long will it need to stay at SmartyPig at that "higher" rate to offset the interest lost while the money is in transit?

I am also glad to see people are still so hellbent on closing accounts when a rate drops from #1 to #2 on the list. Because its not like that order could flip-flop again next week or anything....

It is less about interest and more about convenience. I only had the Evantage account open based on its higher interest rate. Now that it has dropped to the range (or below) others, there is no need to keep it open. I try to consolidate accounts whenever I can.

Yeah, with only a 0.3% difference between evantage and alliant, no reason to have the separate account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014