• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
"On request", some Fidelity Brokerage customers can get free disk for TurboTax Deluxe (including one state).
Unpublished, or not found to be published, but observed, so consider YMMV.
Some brokerage firms (e.g. Vanguard) are publishing free/price for tax software balance/relationship schedules on their web sites.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Premier free online: http://bounce.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&mid=1753... / http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1255013/

I got the deluxe + efile + state bundle off of Amazon for $39.99 (not as good as the above deal). If you use the desktop version, it will NOT import previous TurboTax years you did online which was disappointing.

Is there a difference between deluze and premier?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1255013/

imbatman said:   Is there a difference between deluze and premier?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1255013/

Premier has more features, primarily around those with a lot of investment transactions.

Home& Business do investment transactions?

mint.com integration ? If not what's the cheapest quicken solution

The mint.com integration is horrible. All it does is import your accounts to see if the accounts have the tax documents available. Out of 20ish accounts, it found 2.

My TD Ameritrade is offering $20 off. Not a great deal. The link to TT web site to get the discount is http://turbotax.intuit.com/microsite/home.jsp?priorityCode=34683...

Premier vs Deluxe - I think the only difference is that Premier accepts multiple dates for calculating cost basis on an asset sale, as opposed to calculating the cost basis yourself. I always use the desktop version because you can't manually edit the schedules with the online version. Also the desktop is 5 federal + 1 state. p.s. thanks to OP for the tip

horizon6 said:   "On request", some Fidelity Brokerage customers can get free disk for TurboTax Deluxe (including one state).
Some brokerage firms (e.g. Vanguard) are publishing free/price for tax software balance/relationship schedules on their web sites.

How or who did you contact at Fidelity?

rpi1967 said:   horizon6 said:   "On request", some Fidelity Brokerage customers can get free disk for TurboTax Deluxe (including one state).

How or who did you contact at Fidelity?

Same question here

dup

YMMV

Best bet is someone at the company with whom you've dealt regularly/have a established relationship with as a provider of financial services to you. Sorry not to have the "one definite answer" being sought, and that this is YMMV, but it is valid.

FWIW, I just called Fidelity. The first rep I spoke to checked and said they could mail me a free cd. He tranferred me to another rep to actually order the cd. That person said they got less free cds to distribute this year. Consequently they are now limiting free mailings to people who had more than 500 transactions (i.e. the online system limit). YMMV

bugged said:   FWIW, I just called Fidelity. The first rep I spoke to checked and said they could mail me a free cd. He tranferred me to another rep to actually order the cd. That person said they got less free cds to distribute this year. Consequently they are now limiting free mailings to people who had more than 500 transactions (i.e. the online system limit). YMMV

Likely be one of the "guidelines" used, but not the only one. There are probably various guidelines and various exceptions. YMMV.

See here:

TurboTaxJames said:   Hi - giantsfan2 is correct. This offer from Fidelity was intended for Private Client Group and Active Trader customers. For all other Fidelity customers, including 401K plan participants Fidelity offers $10 off Deluxe, $15 off Premier and $20 off Home and Business. And these dollar offer offers are good for both TurboTax Online and desktop download products. To take advantage of these discounts simply visit Fidelity.com and click on the Taxes link under popular topics in the middle of the page.
---
Link

Vanguard Admiral clients can download the TT DeLuxe version for free with multiple uses. Best deal around and beats Fidelity phone tag.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014