• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
MilleniumBuc said:   aadam101 said:   MilleniumBuc said:   Mine went through with an employer from 10 years ago (fed ex) as SSN for ID and MMDDYYYY for Pin.

What date are you using? Date of birth?

Yes, date of birth. I think the pin is company dependent, but you can try 3 times, and then another 3 times, with no warning about blocking the service. Most common are probably last 4 of SSN, last 5 of SSN, last 6 of SSN, MMDD, MMDDYY, MMDDYYY and ZIP of company or ZIP of home address.

Hmm...I used to work for Fed Ex. I can't login using SSN/DOB. Keeps saying invalid ID/PIN combo.

aadam101 said:   Anyone ever seen their report? I tried to get one online but no luck. I'm going to request via mail.

Yup, I did the mail-in version. Considering I've worked for many large companies in my career, I was surprised at how useless my particular report was. No salary info for the few employers who did pop up, and the dates of employment were off. I accepted an offer at Pepsi a few years back, and resigned a week before my scheduled start date, b/c I had a better offer come through. Yet my report shows I worked at Pepsi, and I made $0.00 while I was there. I guess that makes me the best employee ever!

Hubbies report included two of his former employers, and the information was slightly more accurate, but it hardly presented a concise picture of his work career.

pachelbel9 said:   MilleniumBuc said:   aadam101 said:   MilleniumBuc said:   Mine went through with an employer from 10 years ago (fed ex) as SSN for ID and MMDDYYYY for Pin.

What date are you using? Date of birth?

Yes, date of birth. I think the pin is company dependent, but you can try 3 times, and then another 3 times, with no warning about blocking the service. Most common are probably last 4 of SSN, last 5 of SSN, last 6 of SSN, MMDD, MMDDYY, MMDDYYY and ZIP of company or ZIP of home address.

Hmm...I used to work for Fed Ex. I can't login using SSN/DOB. Keeps saying invalid ID/PIN combo.

Sorry, there are 3 different codes for fed ex. I was under fed ex ground (code 11649). There are also codes 11349 (corporate) and 11659 (office).

I'm pretty sure the SSN / MMDDYYYY worked, but by that time I had tried all others under fed ex, and 2 other retailers, so I could be mistaken (1%).

Privacy is dead. Many county records list SSN of mortgagees online, and not too difficult to find their birthday.

SSN + MMDDYY birthdate worked for one of my previous employers, but not the other two. After logging in, indeed, they did have employment + salary data on those three previous employers (so all the big companies I have worked for). From what I remember, all three of those used ADP as their payroll processor, and all employers I have had that don't use ADP are not listed. So it might be that that is where they are sourcing their information.

Floydian said:   SSN + MMDDYY birthdate worked for one of my previous employers, but not the other two. After logging in, indeed, they did have employment + salary data on those three previous employers (so all the big companies I have worked for). From what I remember, all three of those used ADP as their payroll processor, and all employers I have had that don't use ADP are not listed. So it might be that that is where they are sourcing their information.

interesting observation that ADP might be the common thread in how this information is being captured as they would have all the details of pay and deductions.

xit said:   Floydian said:   SSN + MMDDYY birthdate worked for one of my previous employers, but not the other two. After logging in, indeed, they did have employment + salary data on those three previous employers (so all the big companies I have worked for). From what I remember, all three of those used ADP as their payroll processor, and all employers I have had that don't use ADP are not listed. So it might be that that is where they are sourcing their information.

interesting observation that ADP might be the common thread in how this information is being captured as they would have all the details of pay and deductions.
TALX is also a payroll processor and I'm sure they include all of their clients as part of The Work Number.

If I am reading into this correctly. THis means that if you are in their database, anyone who chooses to include you in their "portfolio monitoring" will know that you lost your job almost as quickly as you find out.

I would be curious as to how severance packages are reflected in that report.

When I entered one of my former employers it prompted for SSN rather than Username (as all of my other employers do). I couldn't get my DOB to work for any of them.

xit said:   Floydian said:   SSN + MMDDYY birthdate worked for one of my previous employers, but not the other two. After logging in, indeed, they did have employment + salary data on those three previous employers (so all the big companies I have worked for). From what I remember, all three of those used ADP as their payroll processor, and all employers I have had that don't use ADP are not listed. So it might be that that is where they are sourcing their information.

My current employer uses ADP and doesn't show in the listing. So there must be an additional step required from the employer in addition to "just having" ADP.

gatzdon said:   If I am reading into this correctly. THis means that if you are in their database, anyone who chooses to include you in their "portfolio monitoring" will know that you lost your job almost as quickly as you find out.

I would be curious as to how severance packages are reflected in that report.

In my case, my severance was a lump sum payment that was paid a few weeks after my last regular employment payroll.

The bi-weekly payroll reporting simply showed Gross and Net for me (no detailed categories in the bi-weekly). So I had a ridiculous number on my last paycheck with that company (followed by a 6 month gap until I was actually rehired by the same company) and paychecks resumed again normally.

In the annual summary which showed categories such as Base Pay, Overtime (which didn't apply to me as salaried employee), Commission, Bonuses, and Other Income, the amount I received for severance showed up under Other Income. Other items that I realize were under Other Income for me were a sign-on bonus, and relocation flat fee payments I received. However, Other Income added up to more than that, so I'm not sure what else was classified as Other Income. I'm sure it depends on the company and how they code different categories.

This is how I got my pin

Call 1-800-367-2884 (This was the number showing when I clicked "forgot my pin")
Push 1 for english
Wait
Push 2 for not employer
Wait
Push 5 Other
Enter Employer Code
Push 1 saying you entered the correct number
Push 4 "The Work Number"
Enter your SSN
Wait
Don't enter pin and wait until it ask you to say operator. Then say "operator"

They ask you all kinds of questions that make you feel uneasy. SSN, Address, When you first lost your virginity, Birthday, Telephone number (Their betting that you're not willing to give it to them and therefore not able to get your pin.) I just gave them the information, knowing they have it already.

Mine was 12 pages and they didn't have all my employment history on there, but had my most resent job with every paycheck for the last 2.5 years. Though I do believe and understand privacy, personally I believe in free information and feel that the better the information, the better individuals are able to make good decisions. I'm willing to share my salary information for others to be able to make good decisions if they are willing to share with me when I need to make good decisions. I'm making 37k with a family of 4, have 10k in the bank and don't spend more than I make.

The best way to avoid debt collectors is to not go into debt (not even for a car, except in extremely rare circumstances), and when you do be damn sure you're able to pay it on the terms that you are agreeing to.

aadam101 said:   Here is the response from Equifax.

http://blog.talx.com/2013/01/31/ImportantClarityRegardingTheWork...

Looks like they deleted the post. I don't see it anywhere. Does anyone have it cached?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.