Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey guys thinking about applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and want to know your thoughts on if I'll get approved.

Here's my credit profile:

my current credit scores are FAKO EXPERIAN PLUS Score: 745, Credit Karma Trans-union score: 767, and FICO Equifax score: 740

my AAoA: 3 years, 11 months

Oldest account: 17 years

Current Open Credit utilization: 6%

Total accounts: 5

Ontime payments: 100%

Hard Credit inquires in past 12 months: 1 (on TransUnion), 3 Credit inquires on EXperian, and 4 Credit Inquires on EQUIFAX

Credit Card Limits $37,100 (total)
AMEX $14,100 (Authorized user, opened May 2012)
CHASE $13,000 (Joint card holder, opened Feb 1996)
DISCOVER $4,000 (Authorized User, opened October 2011)
Sears/CBNA $5,000 (Own Individual Account, opened August 2012)
DSNB Macys $1000 (Own Individual Account, Opened August 2012)

19 years old. Income 50K.

What do you think?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I currently have & earned a bonus for getting the Chase Sapphire several years ago. Anyone have any experiencewith if ... (more)

zjts (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 11:17a) |

I wanted to revive this thread because i was looking at signing up for this cards - but the offer that is showing up is ... (more)

Indianaman79 (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 11:36a) |

You are looking in the wrong place. Just browsing this am I saw at least 15 different links for the 40k offer.

imbatman (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 11:39a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's interesting that you're 19 and your oldest credit account is 17 years. There's some good forethought on behalf of your parents. I think you're in great shape.

catanpirate said:   It's interesting that you're 19 and your oldest credit account is 17 years. There's some good forethought on behalf of your parents. I think you're in great shape.
That's what I was thinking.

As far as the CSP, wait for a better sign up bonus. I'm waiting for the 50k or 70k again.

hillwood24 said:   catanpirate said:   It's interesting that you're 19 and your oldest credit account is 17 years. There's some good forethought on behalf of your parents. I think you're in great shape.

As far as the CSP, wait for a better sign up bonus. I'm waiting for the 50k or 70k again.

Do you think they'll offer that anytime soon?

Also in regards to the 17year old credit account, Well what happened was I was added as a joint card member (both my father and I signed a a form stating the addition of a joint member who shares full financial responsibility) in the end of last year (November 2012) so I ended up inheriting all of the Chase accounts history from 1996 and all my credit reports show it.

So do you guys think I would be approved?

Your chance is high.

Alright gonna apply for it! Wish me luck everyone!

pakiboybot said:   Alright gonna apply for it! Wish me luck everyone!

Let us know what happens.

OP, unless you travel frequently, applying for this card may not be worthwhile.

hillwood24 said:   catanpirate said:   It's interesting that you're 19 and your oldest credit account is 17 years. There's some good forethought on behalf of your parents. I think you're in great shape.

Agreed, the signup bonus is worth waiting for.

nagemnna2 said:   hillwood24 said:   catanpirate said:   It's interesting that you're 19 and your oldest credit account is 17 years. There's some good forethought on behalf of your parents. I think you're in great shape.

Agreed, the signup bonus is worth waiting for.

I've churned this 4 times in the past 2 years. No wait is needed.

Really? You've been able to get a signup bonus every 6 months?

Alright guys. Was instantly approved for the CHase Sapphire Preferred. Starting CL $5000. Thanks everyone!

062703, at what point did you cancel the card? How many other Chase accounts do you have?

062703 doesn't appear to be answering these questions. i'd love to know as well, as this is probably my favorite card promo.

Guys, I had one of these cards and cancelled it when the fee came up; I've been using another card but now I actually miss it because of the points I was getting...

How long before I can re-apply for it? Will I be able to get the bonus again? Thank you.

dantm said:   Guys, I had one of these cards and cancelled it when the fee came up; I've been using another card but now I actually miss it because of the points I was getting...

How long before I can re-apply for it? Will I be able to get the bonus again? Thank you.

if you had the VISA before, apply for the MC now. Different product

Do they have the MC and the VISA in the Sapphire preferred? I thought it was only one of them/...

dantm said:   Do they have the MC and the VISA in the Sapphire preferred? I thought it was only one of them/...
I would not have suggested it if it didn't exist.
I've only managed to find the application for it by navigating through flash questions at mastercard.com so no direct link

Found it -- question is -- do MC and Visa have similar CashBack programs? I was surprised to see how fast the points added up with the Chase Sapphire Preferred as opposed to my AMEX for example...

dantm said:   Found it -- question is -- do MC and Visa have similar CashBack programs? I was surprised to see how fast the points added up with the Chase Sapphire Preferred as opposed to my AMEX for example...
if you read the terms, you will find they are identical.
Neither card is a CashBack program. They earn UR points.

All UR points can be redeemed for cash the same way.

I currently have & earned a bonus for getting the Chase Sapphire several years ago. Anyone have any experiencewith if I am eligible for the 40,000 point bonus offer after $3000 spend in the 1st 3months (1st year fee waived) offer if I a get the SApphire preferred?

Any better bonus offers for spending at least 1500 on a MC or VISA? thx

I wanted to revive this thread because i was looking at signing up for this cards - but the offer that is showing up is for 10,000 points. Do the deals change regularly or is this the new norm?

You are looking in the wrong place. Just browsing this am I saw at least 15 different links for the 40k offer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.