Transportation to Work

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Oh i forgot about zipcar too. Not sure if its worth the $$ or in your area but maybe that is an option. Wifey could drop you at the zipcar on days you needed a car.

nagemnna2 said:   Oh i forgot about zipcar too. Not sure if its worth the $$ or in your area but maybe that is an option. Wifey could drop you at the zipcar on days you needed a car.

zipcar is a terrible option here, since you have to return it to the same place you pick it up.

Car2Go would be much better, but I doubt they have it where you are.

They have zipcar right here and considering many live right by them they will come back home then drop off the car and it is very convenient.

zipcar was taken over by a rental car firm so its unclear if they will allow dropoffs in different locations now.

Lots and lots of different car sharing alternatives depending on markets. Some NYC markets only have zipcar, while other areas have multiple other choices.

I'm interested in this too. I have a 4.7 mile commute (one way) and would love to bike to work. I even have a paved path through fields, the woods, along parkways, etc that I could use without having to be directly on the road most of the way from home to work. I just would have an issue with weather, time, and having to shower at work. I never feel clean after showering at work after racquetball games...just something about the showers, I suppose.

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson P45.

I've used a http://www.goped.com/products/Gas.asp for the last 10 years when dropping off and picking up cars from the body shopp and repair shop both of which are about 5 miles away. I even put it in a canvas bag and take it on the subway and bus when the place I'm going to is within 5 miles or so of the station. Wouldn't use it in rain although I've been caught in it and below about 45 degrees it's too cold with the wind.

jaytrader said:   I'm interested in this too. I have a 4.7 mile commute (one way) and would love to bike to work. I even have a paved path through fields, the woods, along parkways, etc that I could use without having to be directly on the road most of the way from home to work. I just would have an issue with weather, time, and having to shower at work. I never feel clean after showering at work after racquetball games...just something about the showers, I suppose.

Get a bike and add an electric motor -- you can use the motor to get to work w/ a little bid of peddling, and then peddle all the way home.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014