Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Citi ThankYou Preferred = 5% Amazon.com Redemption on Citi Forward

First page
Last page
1 of 1
mikefxu
2/12/13 1:41 PM
Wanted to confirm that if you are only getting 4% Amazon.com gift card redemption on Citi Forward that when you also get the Citi ThankYou Preferred card and merge your ThankYou Rewards it will change the redemption rate to 5%.
WikiPost
2/12/13 1:41 PM
alcibiadescc
2/26/13 1:20 AM
How can you merge ThankYou Rewards with the Diamond Preferred? I don't see Diamond Preferred is part of ThankYou Rewards.
mikefxu
2/26/13 6:36 AM
Oops wrong reference "Citi ThankYou Preferred" not Diamond. Thank you for the catch.
TheWalL
2/26/13 9:44 AM
This has been discussed and confirmed over in the Citi Thankyou rewards thread.
Zoot
2/27/13 12:03 PM
Of course, you would be better off using your Thank You points to book travel which would make your Citi Forward effectively 6.67% Cash Back in its special categories.
tjguitar85
2/27/13 12:41 PM
Zoot said:   

Of course, you would be better off using your Thank You points to book travel which would make your Citi Forward effectively 6.67% Cash Back in its special categories.

You don't get the travel bonus unless you have a thank you card with an annual fee. The Preferred is not one.
ragedogg69
2/28/13 2:44 PM
tjguitar85 said:   

Zoot said:   

You don't get the travel bonus unless you have a thank you card with an annual fee. The Preferred is not one.

Correct, but if you only have a Forward card (like I do), booking travel using thankyou points is a 1:1 exchange. It keeps it a 5% card. I have seen very few redemptions that are 1:1 when you have only a Forward card.
First page
Last page
1 of 1
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.