• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Use IE and card match to pull up offers based on your profile - no need for SSN

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch

Most are getting these two

An OK offer with no annual fee ($150 after $500 in 3 months)

Earn 150 Reward Dollars after you make $500 in purchases in the first three months of Cardmembership
Get 3% Cash Back at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets, 2% Cash Back on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations and select major department stores; 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit
The first $6,000 of purchases at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets in a calendar year qualifies for 3% Cash Back; 1% thereafter
Cash Back is earned only on eligible purchases
Simple and Straightforward: With the Blue Cash Everyday Card, you can start earning Cash Back. No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required
No annual fee, 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months, then a variable APR, currently equal to 12.99%, with flexibility to pay over time
Terms and Restrictions Apply.

Better offer but $75 annual fee ($250 for $1k in 3 months)

Earn 250 Reward Dollars after you make $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of Cardmembership
Get 6% Cash Back at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets, 3% Cash Back on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations and select major department stores; 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit
The first $6,000 of purchases at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets in a calendar year qualifies for 6% cash back; 1% thereafter
Cash Back is earned only on eligible purchases
Simple and Straightforward: With the Blue Cash Preferred Card, you can start earning Cash Back. No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required
Terms and Restrictions Apply.

Note you must have had a blue card closed for a year and not have any denied or applications out for the last 90 days.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Damn, that $360 is killer. If they would bump the amount to approx $10k that would be better. I suppose it's still worth... (more)

justignoredem (Apr. 25, 2013 @ 8:14a) |

Penfed gives me 3% on groceries (no limit). So, it is like getting extra $105 per year after fee. Not too bad but not th... (more)

jhapad (Apr. 25, 2013 @ 11:08a) |

i know what the terms say but does anyone have any datapoints of getting a bonus on both a preferred and everyday card? ... (more)

nwill002 (May. 14, 2013 @ 2:34p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

deleted

I got the 250 reward for spending 1000 first 3 months offer in the mail, but good for the no annual fee version. Now I have to find ways to spend that much. Thinking about buying lots of GC's to grocery stores.

sloppy1 said:   This non-AMEX site asks for your full SSN and appears to pull your credit report BEFORE they make you any cc signup offers!!!!
NO WAY, JOSE

DamnoIT said: Use IE and card match to pull up offers based on your profile - no need for SSN

So don't enter it as I mentioned, this is just a portal to get you the offers

What is 'your profile' if they don't have access to your credit info...do they decide which offer AMEX will extend to you based on the number of letters in your name?

steve1jr said:   What is 'your profile' if they don't have access to your credit info...do they decide which offer AMEX will extend to you based on the number of letters in your name?

They perform a soft inquiry like many other companies do without you even knowing it.

Is there any issues with applying for the preferred card is you already have the Blue Cash?

Thanks OP. Just signed up for the 6% Groceries AMEX. Instant approval.

Keep trying, sometimes the card profile site will return only CapOnes and secureds with bad fees. Clear that program's saved info. Close browser. Clear all cookies. Open another browser (IE) and keep trying. AMEX suddenly closed this window recently, so keep trying a few times. Issuer had said I was not eligible for this card before, this time had a net worth field to submit on application which got me through successfully.

wvtalbot said:   Is there any issues with applying for the preferred card is you already have the Blue Cash?

to get the bonus..it says that you must have had your consumer blue cash card closed for 90 days.

Thanks. Instant approval.

The 150 bonus is dead.....

After you meet the spend requirement, how long does it typically take for the reward to be posted?

dealmaster00 said:   After you meet the spend requirement, how long does it typically take for the reward to be posted?
In my experience, the rewards for spend requirement post fairly quickly (4-5 days) and don't have to wait for a statement to close.

What is "IE"? Internet explorer?

Onenote said:   What is "IE"? Internet explorer?
Yes

I have the Blue Cash Everyday card (this is the first card that is listed in the OP) already.

Am I still eligible to get the 2nd card that is listed & get that sign up bonus? when I was talking to the rep and trying to decipher the AMEX website concerning this question, it seemed like I would not be able to get the sign up bonus, since I got the sign up bonus on the Blue Cash Everday card already & that was only around October of last year.

I am just trying to figure out if I should close this blue cash everyday card so that in maybe 6 months I can get the other card if it's still available.

Anyone know if Super Walmarts count as grocery stores? They do for my PenFed 5/3/1 card, so I get 3 points currently. Yearly, the 3% extra on $6000 becomes only (6000 * .03 - 75) $105 extra on groceries. If I can do a lot of that spending at WalMart, it might be worth it for me.

Thank you! Instant approval for Blue Cash Everyday.

The generic offer (selected "excellent credit) I'm seeing is only 150 points for 1K spend in 3 months for 6% Blue card w/ $75 annual fee.

Link

"Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you."

Guess I'll have to try again later...

FYI "select major department stores are Bealls, Belk® , Bloomingdale’s, Bon Ton Stores Inc., Boscov's Department Store, Century 21® Department Stores, Dillard’s Department Stores, J.C. Penney Company, Inc., Kohl's® , Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sears®Merchandise Group, and Stein Mart®"

GF got the $150 offer for the Everyday in the mail. If she got the Preferred I could refer her and get $75...

Anyone else confirm that the website is working?

Does buying grocery and gas at COSTCO qualify for 6% CashBack?

praladh said:   Does buying grocery and gas at COSTCO qualify for 6% CashBack?
Nope.

is this good for current AMEX customers?

tiedinribbons said:   is this good for current AMEX customers?

Non blue yes if you had blue before then:

"Note you must have had a blue card closed for a year and not have any denied or applications out for the last 90 days."

DamnoIT said:   tiedinribbons said:   is this good for current AMEX customers?

Non blue yes if you had blue before then:

"Note you must have had a blue card closed for a year and not have any denied or applications out for the last 90 days."

Where did you get that? It says in the terms on the application page for the Blue Cash Preferred® Card:

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Blue Cash® Card account within the last 90 days"

Helpful link

Please scroll down just a bit for the AMEX deals.

No need to enter your name . . . . or anything else.

guardian44 said:   Helpful link

Please scroll down just a bit for the AMEX deals.

No need to enter your name . . . . or anything else.

That only gets you the 150 points offer.

How are those of you who are signing up for this card doing so? Are you calling in? The website has been down for the past 2 days and I'm not sure if it is just me or is everyone not able to apply via the web.

Thanks.

johnnybs said:   How are those of you who are signing up for this card doing so? Are you calling in? The website has been down for the past 2 days and I'm not sure if it is just me or is everyone not able to apply via the web.

Thanks.

I applied through the web 2/15 and got approved.

mail2genious said:   johnnybs said:   How are those of you who are signing up for this card doing so? Are you calling in? The website has been down for the past 2 days and I'm not sure if it is just me or is everyone not able to apply via the web.

Thanks.

I applied through the web 2/15 and got approved.

Thanks for letting me know. Now I need to figure out why I keep getting the error message saying AMEX's system is down...

What browser you using? It won't work with IE8 or Incognito mode in Google Chrome.

I got instant approval for the $250 reward card using Google Chrome a couple of days ago. Now to figure out the best way to spend $6k at grocery stores

mcmike522 said:   What browser you using?

Firefox. I can get the link, but when I try to submit the application is when I see the error message that AMEX's site is down.

Thanks OP, Instant approval for the Everyday card($150.00) and NO SSN needed.

What good is the American Express Blue Card except for the $150? I have a BofA Card that gives the same benefits, plus free interest on purchases for a year.

I may get this for the $150 and then cancel it as soon as I receive it. A lot of places don't accept the AE card.

The Blue Card also has 0% on purchases for 12 months. It also has higher rewards than BofA. (Preferred is 6% groceries, 3% gas and dept. stores, Everyday has 3% groceries).

You do not get the rewards if you cancel it as soon as you receive it. You have to spend $500-$1000 the first 3 months.

MitchFlorida said:   What good is the American Express Blue Card except for the $150? I have a BofA Card that gives the same benefits, plus free interest on purchases for a year.

I may get this for the $150 and then cancel it as soon as I receive it. A lot of places don't accept the AE card.

Skipping 24 Messages...
i know what the terms say but does anyone have any datapoints of getting a bonus on both a preferred and everyday card? I accidentally apped for a Everyday last year and now deciding if I should convert my Everyday (to save a hard pull and another dip on my Average Age) or take a chance and apping for a Preferred.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.