Amazon 1099 MISC Question

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello,
I hit my magic 600 dollars last year from Amazon Associates program on my blogs.
However, my 1099MISC from Amazon seems to have gone to my old address and they won't issue a new one until March.

So in trying to file my tax as earlieast possible, I was hoping if someone here who received their 1099 from Amazon could answer something.
What is Amazon's FIN(Federal ID Number) and which box does your commission earned through Amazon Associates appear in (Box 7 I believe?)?
I already know the amount I got so if I can get those two info then I can file my tax instead of waiting indefinitely and checking mailbox everyday for magical 1099 to appear.

If someone could answer the Q or PM me the info I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I would wait, if it differs at all you may have to re-file. If you get flagged for an audit (not likely), you will have issues.

It really wouldn't differ.
I got the number off the Internet which is "83-0417755" but would appreciate if someone could confirm it as well as the income appearing on box 7 or which box it appears on.
Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014