Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Best AMEX for my Business

First page
1 of 2
spater
2/16/13 6:50 PM
I am part owner of a small business and wonder which AMEX is best for our needs. Currently using the Platinum business card but with 2 owners we can't get a second card with same benefits without paying $450 again. My thought is business Gold will accomplish the same results with less cost. Thanks in advance for your input.
WikiPost
2/16/13 6:50 PM
imbatman
2/16/13 7:03 PM
what do you spend your money on? (category)
spater
2/16/13 7:58 PM
We use it to pay vendors for resale merchandise and for office supplies as well as recurring charges like phone, internet and software support.
imbatman
2/16/13 8:32 PM
And chase ink bold isn't a good option? 5x on many of those categories.
AMEX gold will be better than platinum. Pay $50 for first AUthorized user and get up to 99 AUs.
I will also suggest a card I don't suggest often. Depending on how much you spend at office supply- the Lowes business AMEX. Points aren't as versatile as MR, but you get 3x points at office supply/Wireless phones. No annual fees, so it would cost you nothing for multiple cards.
spater
2/17/13 6:31 AM
Thanks for the advise about Chase Ink I will investigate. Also thanks for confirming my belief that Gold is probably better than platinum. The thing about being the minority owner is sometimes there is alot of convincing to do.
nothingevertodo
2/17/13 8:06 AM
Capital One's "Spark Card" for Business (Visa) offers 2% Cash Back on all purchases. I believe that it is the overall best card for small businesses seeking Cash Back and/or travel rewards.
informantguy
2/17/13 5:26 PM
nothingevertodo said:   

Capital One's "Spark Card" for Business (Visa) offers 2% Cash Back on all purchases. I believe that it is the overall best card for small businesses seeking Cash Back and/or travel rewards.

I agree. I have this card and although there is a $59 annual fee after the first year it is well worth it because you get 2% Cash Back on ALL purchases and you also get free unlimited additional cards for co-workers with NO annual fees but still earn you the 2% Cash Back. Forgot to mention that there is absolutely no Foreign Transaction Fees with these cards. You can't beat it!
ryeny3
2/17/13 6:11 PM
spater said:   

We use it to pay vendors for resale merchandise and for office supplies as well as recurring charges like phone, internet and software support.

Even if you keep the AMEX Platinum, it sounds like Chase Ink would be a good additional card for your business. No annual fee, free employee cards, and a signup bonus. The offer varies, but I believe we received the equivalent of a $400 bonus.

"Earn 5% Cash Back on the first $25,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services.

Earn 2% Cash Back on the first $25,000 spent annually at gas stations and restaurants..

Also earn 1% Cash Back on all other card purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn."
ryeny3
2/17/13 6:21 PM
Starwood AMEX is another option.
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.