2.1% Cash Back BOA card

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Is this card still available to new customers or can I convert an existing BOFA card to it?

So to be clear, this is a 2% CashBack card if you transfer from the travel card to the fidelity card.

anks329 said:   Is this card still available to new customers or can I convert an existing BOFA card to it?
Looks like they do not offer the BankAmericard Privileges Visa Signature credit card with Travel Rewards anymore. It's still active for those who already are cardmembers. See info at: https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RWDapp/home?mc=TRVLPRV&locale=en_US

They only have the BankAmericard Privileges Visa Signature with Cash Rewards; 3% gas and 2& groceries (on first $1500 combined each quarter), 1% purchases, and get 50% bonus when redeem back into a BOA checking or savings account, or a CashManagement Account with Merrill. Get $100 bonus after spend $500 in first 3 months. First year no annual fee; after that $75, but waived as long as you are a Platinum Privilege client with at least $50,000 in combined balance in Bank of America deposit accounts and/or Merrill Edge brokerage accounts, and have an active BOA checking account.

EugeneV said:   What's the difference between transferring points to Fidelity Visa (the "1.5% card") vs. Fidelity Amex (the "2% card")?
There should be no difference. 1 point on your FIA Visa rewards account = 1 point on your FIA Amex rewards account. You can also transfer points between the two accounts at a rate of 1:1, but the minimum amount to transfer is either 2500 or 5000.

On log on there was a notice about the rewards changing. They are dropping merchandise rewards (bad deal in any case) and adding some travel reward options.

There appears to still be provision for transfer to my Fidelity 529 American Express card which appears the best use (points become deposits in my 529 plan at the end of the month, giving a 1 cent per point return. While my statement had closed, they had not yet updated the points, so I could not confirm it was still possible† (as it was last month), but the form still appears.

ProfessorEd said:   There appears to still be provision for transfer to my Fidelity 529 American Express card which appears the best use (points become deposits in my 529 plan at the end of the month, giving a 1 cent per point return. While my statement had closed, they had not yet updated the points, so I could not confirm it was still possible† (as it was last month), but the form still appears.
† I was able to transfer my points today to my FIA Amex, and at the end of the month (since the available points exceed 5000) this will produce a payment to my 529 Plan o over $400. I also took advantage of points transfer to move about $4.00 worth of points on a little used card to the Fidelity Amex, which will also result in a 529 deposits. Because transferred points expire if not used fairly promptly, such a small transfer would not have normally been worthwhile since they would probably expire unused, but when transferred to the FIA Amex where the minimum for redemption had already been met, they will be.

Thus being able to use small left over World Point balances is a minor advantage of having these cards and adopting this redemption strategy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014