• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://bank.mtb.com/mychoice100

A convenient checking account with flexible methods to avoid a monthly service charge

If:

How to avoid a monthly service charge:

Have at least 1 qualifying direct deposit per monthly service charge cycle5, or
Make 10 or more debit card purchases or payments per monthly service charge cycle, or
Keep an average balance of $500 or more throughout your monthly service charge cycle.

Effective 1/17/2013, your total direct deposits in a monthly service charge cycle must equal $200 or more.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
thanks

SuperKirby (Oct. 20, 2013 @ 9:18p) |

For future readers, I emailed them and got this:

Dear Mr. SuperKirby:

Thank you for your email and I am happy to assist ... (more)

SuperKirby (Oct. 21, 2013 @ 1:24p) |

Does ally ach work for the DD requirement?

MrNovember (Nov. 14, 2013 @ 10:07p) |

Here's a link to last year's thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1165401/
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The bonus differs depending on the zip code entered. I entered three and two had a $75 bonus and one had no bonus at all.

What about Direct Deposit qualification? Must be only payroll, pension, etc., or bank to bank ACH is OK?

Doesn't look like there are any restrictions in terms of "accounts closed in last ... are not eligible"

Applied, got routed through review

Maybe because I have 10 new accounts in the last year? Maybe because I just moved in to an eligible state? Maybe because I just got $100 from the bank next door? I'll let you know.

DB

debentureboy said:   Applied, got routed through review

Maybe because I have 10 new accounts in the last year? Maybe because I just moved in to an eligible state? Maybe because I just got $100 from the bank next door? I'll let you know.

DB

were you planning to do bank to bank ach direct deposits?

My employer allows up to 6 DDs. I do some accounts with real DD and some with ACH transfers between banks. I generally try ACH push first. If it works great, if not I add it to my DD list. It's all done online, so no one at corporate HQ has ever been on my case about all my DD switches. It is a large employer, so I figure I'm lost in the weeds as far as they go.

debentureboy said:   My employer allows up to 6 DDs. I do some accounts with real DD and some with ACH transfers between banks. I generally try ACH push first. If it works great, if not I add it to my DD list. It's all done online, so no one at corporate HQ has ever been on my case about all my DD switches. It is a large employer, so I figure I'm lost in the weeds as far as they go.

lol did they have that rule before you came along, or did you cause them to enact a 6 dd limit

on a side note did anyone get a 1099 for last year's bonus?

AugustFour said:   What about Direct Deposit qualification? Must be only payroll, pension, etc., or bank to bank ACH is OK?
ive done a $10 ach from alliant and it works

nwill002 said:   on a side note did anyone get a 1099 for last year's bonus?
Yes.

What about using Square to qualify for direct deposit? Anybody tried that?

gloreglabert said:   nwill002 said:   on a side note did anyone get a 1099 for last year's bonus?
Yes.
thanks... i didnt get one and forgot to include it in my taxes

misterspaghetti said:   Doesn't look like there are any restrictions in terms of "accounts closed in last ... are not eligible"

that's great because I closed my account with them like 2 months ago.

Does anyone know whether it's a hard pull?

nwill002 said:   on a side note did anyone get a 1099 for last year's bonus?
Yup, got a 1099-INT in the mail for last year's M&T account opening bonus.

Here's a link to last year's thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1165401/

Previous experience indicates that they only do a soft pull, but of course there's a small chance they may have changed their process this year.

thanks, last year's thread is a great reference

Alliant ACH push doesn't seem to be triggering the bonus as it has in the past. Has anyone gotten the bonus with ACH push yet? And if so, which bank did you push from?

In for one!

Is there a promo code for this? They ask for one in the application process.

emgeecee said:   Is there a promo code for this? They ask for one in the application process.

I don't think so. I didn't use one.

I emailed M&T from the secured message center (I have 1 credit card with them). They told me that I am not eligible for the bonus because of the zip code that I am located in. When I click on the OP's link and enter my zip code, account packages do pop up but no mention of the $100 bonus (on the page where it's listing out the different types of accounts).

mjoply said:   The bonus differs depending on the zip code entered. I entered three and two had a $75 bonus and one had no bonus at all.

Where were you able to see what offer was extended to each zip code? Did you have to open one for each?

Got the bonus just fine. Has anyone closed their account yet? Is there an early account closure fee?

I sent M and T a message about not having received the bonus yet, and they said I opened the account in the NYC region, and the bonus is for:

Syracuse, Greater DC, Delaware, and Central PA regions are eligible for a Direct Deposit Cash Bonus

But that wasn't specified in the fine print. Will try calling a couple times to see if they give it, and then call it a day.

Dead?

Does opening a M&T free checking account online result in a hard pull?

SuperKirby said:   Does opening a M&T free checking account online result in a hard pull?
  Bump. Anyone? Chex only?

I opened recently without a hard pull.

debentureboy said:   I opened recently without a hard pull.
  thanks

For future readers, I emailed them and got this:

Dear Mr. SuperKirby:

Thank you for your email and I am happy to assist you.

There is no credit inquiry completed when opening a savings or checking account. However, we will verify your information Chex Systems.

If you have additional questions, please contact the M&T Telephone Banking Center at 1-800-724-2440. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 6am to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm, ET.

Thank you for banking with M&T.

M&T Bank
Customer Service

Does ally ach work for the DD requirement?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014