Amex Blue Cash - New exclusions...

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
tomprc said:   
kb2120 said:   
tomprc said:   My 1/1/2014 purchase at safeway is only 1%. †Called in and the CSR said it is not coded as grocery. †How can that be? †She's nice to give me the adjustment anyway.
† If this is Blue Cash, did your 6500 spend reset ?†† Thus only getting 1% for grocery.

i am sorry. †but this is BC Everyday Preferred. †So no 6500. †I was told the $6000 max limit reset on 1/1/2014. †It's possible that their system is not really updated on 1/1/2014.

I had no other grocery purchase in this year any more.

† † †I've seen several reports that BCE and BCP reset their annual 6K spend limit on the first day of your statement cycle that includes 1/1. †So your annual 6K spend limit for groceries starts and ends sometime in December (depending on your statement dates). †So you could potentially have spent 6K on groceries in December, and thus have already gotten all your bonus rewards for 2014. †Doesn't sound like this applies in your case though (CSR said not coded grocery).

† †Remember it's the merchant who sets the coding. †There have been reports of safeway or Kroger gas stations that had merchant codes for grocery. †I remember one poster even found that at a grocery with linked gas station, the registers inside the grocery store were coded as gas station. †So it could be one of those local oddities, or Amex may be changing how it identifies groceries. †Just go back to last summer to find out what happened when they did that with the pharmacy category!

has anyone else seen recent problems on grocery store coding? i had about $1k in december and $6600 in january that appear to have been coded outside of grocery.

Grocery coding is kind of a pain. I have an open ticket right now, because none of the $6K from last year posted as 6%, only 1%. Then the ones I did after Jan 1, same store, same purchases, posted as 6%. Oddities with their system indeed.

Good news is that every single one of the ton of CVS that I did coded correctly.

makinbutter said:   has anyone else seen recent problems on grocery store coding? i had about $1k in december and $6600 in january that appear to have been coded outside of grocery.
† logged into my accoutn today and it showed $222 in Cash Back that was not there before.

makinbutter said:   
makinbutter said:   has anyone else seen recent problems on grocery store coding? i had about $1k in december and $6600 in january that appear to have been coded outside of grocery.
† logged into my accoutn today and it showed $222 in Cash Back that was not there before.

† Ditto, amount matches what I was shortchanged in December.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014