• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
BGS should announce dividend payable July 30th tomorrow or Friday. fair chance at a raise of 1c/qtr to 35c

rated:
dmikester10 said:   PSEC is looking very attractive at current prices.
  Thanks for PSEC!!  makes earnings well above the  11cents MONTLY dividend.  At today's $9.92/sh price the rate would be over 13% dividend...   Buy signals on various technical oscillators.

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   Update

CAG about $30.50
BGS about $30.70
RIG about $40.25

PFE went over $32
T approaching $35 (will sell at $35 based on indicators).

LO over $53
LLY about $58
VALE about $13.10

Updated prices:

CAG  $31.38
BGS $33.57
RIG $41.95

PFE (sold at $31.75)  Bought back at $29.25
T (sold at $35)  no position now.

LO zoomed to $63 today on buyout talks.
LLY $59.07
VALE  $13.09

New position in
PSEC $9.92
SO  $42.80
ARCC $16.75

rated:
PSEC looked promising until I saw this  cooking the books allegation.  I wonder what effect this will have on their value?

rated:
dive4life said:   PSEC looked promising until I saw this  cooking the books allegation.  I wonder what effect this will have on their value?

It's like David Einhorn and Allied Capital all over again. For those that don't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tDgcmKSgTc

rated:
You are right about PSEC needing to restate their finances... that is causing the drop in price.

Bought BMY @ $48.69 (3% dividends)
Bought more PFE @ $29.65 (3.5% dividends)
Bought RIG @ $41.50 (7.3% dividends; they just raised the dividend payout to $0.75/quarter!!)

Sold some BGS today at $34.  Oscillator charts are at sell signals.  I'll buy back on pullback and buy signals on oscillators.

rated:
Careful with RIG. Another ocean driller said rough times ahead for them because of lack of work.

rated:
SGLRF is a Canadian junior oil/natural gas exploration/drilling company. Despite a high debt level, it continues to pay $0.0225 (Canadian) monthly to shareholders - a 14% yield. With several wells being drilled during 2014 and a stable dividend history, SGLRF continues to receive little attention. With promising drilling results, surely the share price (currently $1.59) will jump.

rated:
Anyone else a huge fan of BX? Large dividend with a low PEG ratio

rated:
Cursory glance of BX I am with you. Their "unusual items" on their CF operations gives me slight pause as does their silly website I can't seem to get straight in to their annual report to snoop around. But looks better than average to me.

rated:
PSEC is getting insane. Almost 14% yield.
I just bought $4200 more in my ROTH and hold like $17k total at current value.
Will sell shares in taxable acct when it goes back up. (recently found out that dividends aren't qualified anymore)

rated:
Bought IBM again @ 184.50, while it's only ~2.5%, I think it's stable enough and likely will go up to ~190 level again for me to sell at.

rated:
okashiraaa said:   PSEC is getting insane. Almost 14% yield.
Will sell shares in taxable acct when it goes back up. (recently found out that dividends aren't qualified anymore)

tread lightly.  I speak from experience....

rated:
okashiraaa said:   PSEC is getting insane. Almost 14% yield.

Wow. SEC says no re-statement of finances needed.  Zooms to over $10.35/share now.  You win.

I'm holding PSEC since the SEC is off their back... the yield look good considering the earnings cover it.

ARCC now about $17.20 with about 8.8% dividends covered by earnings.

rated:
I bought more BMY at $46.65 today.   Great study results. 

Bought IEP (Icahn Enterprise) for $101; yields 5.9%, enough earnings to cover dividends.

I'm now stalking VTR on this pullback.  great earnings and nice 4.5% dividend for this healthcare REIT.  Hope to get more in the low $60s.

rated:
CokeSlurpee711 said:   Cursory glance of BX I am with you. Their "unusual items" on their CF operations gives me slight pause as does their silly website I can't seem to get straight in to their annual report to snoop around. But looks better than average to me.
BX Annual Report

It is not exactly snooping. More like publicly available and very easily found...

rated:
I'm hoping KKR makes a pullback. Oscillator indicators are more in the sell signal territory so I'm trying to wait.

But PE less than 11, paying 7% dividend (but highly variable record), EPS easily covers the dividends.

And KKR is always on the vanguard of all kinds of investments.

I may sell some cash-backed puts at lower strikes.

Any thoughts about KKR?

rated:
TGT just increased their dividend 21%!  Their div at current price is 3.6%.  And they have been increasing dividends for 46 straight years!  Glad I got in a little while back.  Although, I wish I would have waited a little.

rated:
dmikester10 said:   TGT just increased their dividend 21%!  Their div at current price is 3.6%.  And they have been increasing dividends for 46 straight years!  Glad I got in a little while back.  Although, I wish I would have waited a little.
  Thanks for the news about TGT increased dividends !!
Wow, great pullback on TGT price high of $73+ down to current $57+ makes the trailing PE of only about 14.  EPS is well above the dividends too. 
My oscillator indicators showed buy signals at about $55+ were hit at the end of May... 
Exdiv date is Aug 19... I'm going to sell Aug 1st $55 put options for some premium and let it expire.

Update:  just sold some June 20 $56 puts for $0.14... not much money but I am willing to buy TGT at $56/sh by June 20th.
Look at the price action for TGT at the end of June into few weeks of July for every year.... There is a pretty nice percentage move for that 1-3 week period... 

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   You are right about PSEC needing to restate their finances... that is causing the drop in price.

Bought RIG @ $41.50 (7.3% dividends; they just raised the dividend payout to $0.75/quarter!!)

Sold some BGS today at $34.  Oscillator charts are at sell signals.  I'll buy back on pullback and buy signals on oscillators.

RIG update is now $43.53 and paying an increased dividend of >7% with eps good enough to cover divs.  The year high is $55+... Amazing to get paid >7% while you wait for price to march back up on rising oil prices. 

I bought more BMY at $46.50... now about $47... drug pipeline is good.

BGS is about $33.50 now... I am stalking it again and watching oscillator indicators.

I have sold naked puts on PFE at strikes under $29...

I held my SDRL to collect the $1.00 dividend (>10.3% yield) and now the stock is up over $1/sh to $38.82/sh ... oil prices are up so SDRL is benefiting... EPS sometimes enough to cover divs...

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   You are right about PSEC needing to restate their finances... that is causing the drop in price.

RIG update is now $43.53 and paying an increased dividend of >7% with eps good enough to cover divs.  The year high is $55+... Amazing to get paid >7% while you wait for price to march back up on rising oil prices. 

I bought more BMY at $46.50... now about $47... drug pipeline is good.

BGS is about $33.50 now... I am stalking it again and watching oscillator indicators.

I have sold naked puts on PFE at strikes under $29...

I held my SDRL to collect the $1.00 dividend (>10.3% yield) and now the stock is up over $1/sh to $38.82/sh ... oil prices are up so SDRL is benefiting... EPS sometimes enough to cover divs...

The price of RIG can go as high as $54.50 and still the yearly dividend would yield 5.5%.  Now current price is about $44 !
The price of SDRL can go as high as $53.30 and still the yearly dividend would yield 7.5% !!  Now current price is about $39.40 !
Thess are fatwallet hot buys with oil prices going up !!

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   I bought more BMY at $46.65 today.   Great study results. 

Bought IEP (Icahn Enterprise) for $101; yields 5.9%, enough earnings to cover dividends.

I'm now stalking VTR on this pullback.  great earnings and nice 4.5% dividend for this healthcare REIT.  Hope to get more in the low $60s.

VTR is one of my current favorites.  On a pullback, great fundamentals, and IMHO one of the best industries.

rated:
Spyglass Resources Corp (SGLRF) just declared its June/July monthly dividend (C$0.0225). Share price has risen to C$1.64 for a current yield of 13.7% (estimated share value is $4.50). Drilling results from Noel well site(s) will be reported in two weeks or during August quarterly report. Very promising times ahead.

rated:
Solomon960 said:   Spyglass Resources Corp (SGLRF) just declared its June/July monthly dividend (C$0.0225). Share price has risen to C$1.64 for a current yield of 13.7% (estimated share value is $4.50). Drilling results from Noel well site(s) will be reported in two weeks or during August quarterly report. Very promising times ahead.
  Pink sheet company...  Too unpredictable for me.

RIG his over $45 today. Yielding about 6.8%
SDRL hit high of $39.85 today. still yielding over 10%
My speculative oil stock which is not a dividend paying stock is HERO which his $5.05 today.  Trailing EPS is $0.48 which makes my cost basis PE less than 10.  I'm pretty sure with oil prices going up that all oil stocks will rise. 

VTR : some of my oscillator signals have buy signal with today's drop to about $63.12.  But my charts show $60 is the next support level.  So I just sold VTR Aug 15 $60 puts at $0.70/sh.  With Ex-div date on Sept 11th paying a whopping $0.72/sh for 4.6% yield, I think VTR will hold above $60 past my option expiration date.  But if not, I'll be very happy to buy VTR at net price of $59.30/sh.

rated:
ORC went ex-div today. Has paid an $0.18 dividend for seven consecutive months for a current 13.7% yield ($0.18 dividend/$13.12 share) edging out SGLRF's current 13.5% (C$0.0225/C$1.66). SGLRF goes ex-div on JUN 25.

rated:
Looking for some good div plays that are attractively valued from the CCC lists. Anyone know of some?

rated:
dmikester10 said:   Looking for some good div plays that are attractively valued from the CCC lists. Anyone know of some?
  Not too many that aren't at or near all time highs right now.  Maybe TGT?

rated:
Yeah, I agree. I just bought some TGT back in April at 59. Guess for now I'll just sit on my cash. It seems it never takes too long before I find one that comes down into my buy range.

rated:
SGLRF has fallen under $1.60; this is a great opportunity to snag a 14.15% yield before the August dividend declaration.

rated:
SPLS, MAT, HAS, BA, SDRL look reasonably priced. LO if you think the merger will go through.

rated:
Solomon960 said:   SGLRF has fallen under $1.60; this is a great opportunity to snag a 14.15% yield before the August dividend declaration.

Is Monday, July 28, too late to buy it to get the dividend?

rated:
mysteryAgain said:   
Solomon960 said:   SGLRF has fallen under $1.60; this is a great opportunity to snag a 14.15% yield before the August dividend declaration.

Spyglass Resources Corp. ("Spyglass", or the "Company") (SGL.TO)(SGLRF) announces that the board of directors (the "Board") has approved the July 2014 monthly dividend of $0.0225 per share payable on August 15, 2014 to shareholders of record on July 28, 2014. The ex-dividend date will be July 24, 2014.  

I think you are too late from what I understand.

rated:
mysteryAgain said:   

July 24 was the last ex-div date, so I am afraid purchasing tomorrow won't lead to becoming eligible for the August dividend. The next div announcement should come around AUG 13, will go ex-div around AUG 25, and paid on SEP 30. In the meantime, the share price should remain stable slightly above $1.60. If an asset sale announcement is made, however, shares will rise above the usual five cent range.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014