• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I hoping next 2-3 weeks sees another pull back on China sector. I'm going to buy CHAU and YINN on a pullback and watch my short timing indicators to do so. The communist government does anything and everything to keep the economy going as well as keep the market from crashing much further. China is still growing each year so that will eventually get reflected in the market. I've sold a lot of puts on those ETFs which expire today worthless, thus I keep all the premiums I've collect for a nice gain. I'm selling puts for Aug expiration. I know there are no dividends on these plays, but selling options is kind of like collecting a dividend income. Anyone doing similar trading?

rated:
My subscription suggests to sell CHAU puts in August because the IV is very high for this leveraged ETF. I'm not sure that is a good play because leveraged ETF will move 2X so the high IV is really double what it should be.
It is still quite high so I'll sell some puts on CHAU and see how it turns out.

rated:
My subscription service emailed me about the average return for August and September for SPY since 1950 is NEGATIVE for each month. I guess that will be tough making significant profit going long, or if I do have a profit I should take it (tax deferred account). Interesting.

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   ORC cuts dividend to $0.14/sh and stock price drops to under $10/sh. Still paying over 17% then. But it has hit a historical new low at $9.77 today and there is no other support level.
Closed at $7.77 today...

rated:
diffeldoof said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   ORC cuts dividend to $0.14/sh and stock price drops to under $10/sh. Still paying over 17% then. But it has hit a historical new low at $9.77 today and there is no other support level.
Closed at $7.77 today...

" $7.77 " is not a lucky number here.  Lower and lower it goes, where it stops nobody knows...

I'm stalking some pharma stocks like JNJ, PFE, BMY, LLY.   Hope they drop more!

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   I hoping next 2-3 weeks sees another pull back on China sector. I'm going to buy CHAU and YINN on a pullback and watch my short timing indicators to do so. The communist government does anything and everything to keep the economy going as well as keep the market from crashing much further. China is still growing each year so that will eventually get reflected in the market. I've sold a lot of puts on those ETFs which expire today worthless, thus I keep all the premiums I've collect for a nice gain. I'm selling puts for Aug expiration. I know there are no dividends on these plays, but selling options is kind of like collecting a dividend income. Anyone doing similar trading?
  I'm concerned that the PMI on China dropped to about 48%.  Now a pull back in the CHAU and YINN ETFs will be hard to turn around if the future GDP is contracting.  I'm watching and waiting for both to fall to another support level.  CHAU is about $22,  YINN is about $25.  But that PMI is a big problem.

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
diffeldoof said:   
Closed at $7.77 today...

" $7.77 " is not a lucky number here.  Lower and lower it goes, where it stops nobody knows...

I'm stalking some pharma stocks like JNJ, PFE, BMY, LLY.   Hope they drop more!

ORC at $8.24, up over 6% today. 

rated:
looks like $7.77 was actually a lucky number !! (if you bought the shares there.
I'm still stalking the pharms and china ETFs...  Anyone trading index options here... sort of like dividends if you sell deep out of the money options...
One of my subscriptions sold SPX calls last week in anticipation of downward market and they are closing out those options this week to reap the gains.
Now they post they are selling SPX puts today and this week if the market drops further in anticipation of a halt to the slide downward.  Kind of interesting play.

rated:
One of my subscriptions said to buy X (US Steel) or sell puts at strike $15 or less to collect premiums. It is hitting a 10-year low support level and has buy signals here at $15.80/sh. I'm gun shy on X because of the poor market for steel around the world. But let's see how X performs from here. Dividend is about 1.2%, better than most banks.

rated:
retirebyfourty said:   BP looking good under 40$
 BP is down to $36/sh.  I'm not interested in oil stocks, but for those who are there is buy signal starting at this point. Support it at $34.88/sh. 
OXY is another nice dividend payer (4.4%) which is down to about $67.75/sh also starting a buy signal.   Oil stocks are getting drilled badly because if oil prices climb, then alternative energy paradigm picks up traction which hurts oil industry long term.  By keeping oil prices low, the alternative energy efforts stall, but oil industry get hurt in the short term.  When earnings drop, dividends may too. 

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   One of my subscriptions said to buy X (US Steel) or sell puts at strike $15 or less to collect premiums. It is hitting a 10-year low support level and has buy signals here at $15.80/sh. I'm gun shy on X because of the poor market for steel around the world. But let's see how X performs from here. Dividend is about 1.2%, better than most banks.
  That subscription did well their buy signal on US Steel... Today traded up and closed at $17.70/sh for over 12% gain... in two days.  Of course I had no guts to buy it. Now they say to sell it for the short term gain, of which I have none.

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   One of my subscriptions said to buy X (US Steel) or sell puts at strike $15 or less to collect premiums. It is hitting a 10-year low support level and has buy signals here at $15.80/sh. I'm gun shy on X because of the poor market for steel around the world. But let's see how X performs from here. Dividend is about 1.2%, better than most banks.
  That subscription did well their buy signal on US Steel... Today traded up and closed at $17.70/sh for over 12% gain... in two days.  Of course I had no guts to buy it. Now they say to sell it for the short term gain, of which I have none.

This is ridiculous... X has stinky EPS report, worse than analyst expectations, guiding to lower range of expected annual results yet the stock is now up to about $19.50/sh as of now.  That is over 20% in three days.  Ridiculous. 

rated:
F up 4.16%

rated:
Royal Dutch Shell states preparing for "prolonged downturn" in oil prices. Saw a headline on CNBC site, but could not open the news.

rated:
linFWjunkie2 said:   Royal Dutch Shell states preparing for "prolonged downturn" in oil prices. Saw a headline on CNBC site, but could not open the news.
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/30/shell-says-it-is-planning-for-pro...

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   

This is ridiculous... X has stinky EPS report, worse than analyst expectations, guiding to lower range of expected annual results yet the stock is now up to about $19.50/sh as of now.  That is over 20% in three days.  Ridiculous. 

X = $20.30/sh today. 
GSK, pays >4% dividend,  was another recommendation from the subscription and I did buy that at $41.50 just a few days ago... finally moving to $43.35.
Their latest recommendation is LABU.  That is like playing with fire.  A highly leveraged (3X) biotech ETF that has frightening swings in price.  They posted IBB, another biotech IBB has a buy signal but to use LABU for larger magnitude price move since they correlate in direction.  This time I bought a small position in LABU at $44.50 today.  We'll see. 

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   

X = $20.30/sh today. 
GSK, pays >4% dividend,  was another recommendation from the subscription and I did buy that at $41.50 just a few days ago... finally moving to $43.35.
Their latest recommendation is LABU.  That is like playing with fire.  A highly leveraged (3X) biotech ETF that has frightening swings in price.  They posted IBB, another biotech IBB has a buy signal but to use LABU for larger magnitude price move since they correlate in direction.  This time I bought a small position in LABU at $44.50 today.  We'll see. 

LABU is up over 10% in couple days and I'm selling some to take in profits. 

I bought BMY couple days ago using what I learned from my subscription trading site and am pleasantly surprised it is up about $2 in just few days.  Pays about 2.3% dividend. 
I also bought CHU, china telecom stock, using same trading rules at $13.90 couple days ago.  Up about $0.25 so far.  Pays 4.2% dividend. 
ORC is coming back to over $8.50.  I bought some several days ago after that Seeking Alpha article by the author who switched from not liking ORC to then recommending it at under $8.50.  I'm in at $8.25/sh with about 20% dividend... yes, I also applied same trading rules.
AA was recommended at under $10/sh, pays 1.2% dividend.  Currently about $10/sh and there is a Aug $10 call options you can sell for a covered call for about $0.32/sh... that is about 3% return for holding a month which is better than any bank. (That is based on the stock price staying around $10 or higher by expiration date.  If the  stock price is under $10 by expiration, then you keep the shares and the $0.32/sh option premium you sold so your net cost basis is down to about $9.68/sh... then sell another $10 strike covered call option...etc.)   Related, Ford F-150 aluminum truck is a good seller... maybe more trucks will go to aluminum...
X is finally exhausting short covering and is well under $20 again.  It was fun while it lasted.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015