• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
gobigorgohome said:   IS PFE still a decent buy? On the fence
  PFE, BMY, MRK, LLY, ABBV are my fab five solid dividend stocks in pharm. 

rated:
UAN looking good again.

rated:
PSEC seems attractive at this level.

rated:
okashiraaa said:   PSEC is getting insane. Almost 14% yield.
I just bought $4200 more in my ROTH and hold like $17k total at current value.
Will sell shares in taxable acct when it goes back up. (recently found out that dividends aren't qualified anymore)

I finally sold my PSEC after the bell yesterday at 10.49. Didn't like the tone on the conference call in response to dividend coverage questions.

rated:
I've been on FW for a while, just noticed the Dividend Stock forum. Over the last couple of years I've been buying small amounts of Business Development Companies, recently I noticed BDCL, 2x leveraged long. I've been buying a little each month recently.

Are any of you fond of BDCL?

rated:
leveraged vehicles all go to zero in long term due to decay. You need to stop playing the market. 

rated:
umcsom said:   UAN looking good again.
  Insiders sold 12 million shares in the last 6 months.
Cash on hand drop $40M for the 3rd year.
Dividend has declined every quarter since May 2013
BTW, if you hold it in a non-retirement account you might be required to file a state income tax return in 5 or more states. LP thing.

rated:
umcsom said:   leveraged vehicles all go to zero in long term due to decay. You need to stop playing the market. Your post in the other thread was just as bad.
  Just want to add, in regards to 'the other thread' I bought $200 of LLTI, I have previous knowledge of one of the board members and expected good things from him.  No personal connection, just hopeful LLTI will get on the right track (finally make some money).

In our retirement accounts we invest in large cap, small cap, and international funds.

Outside of retirement accounts we invest in dividend paying stockings, hence my interest in this thread.

My interest in BDCL is sincere, they seem to be logically leveraging the funds.  I welcome your thoughts on BDCL.

rated:
Looking4morecents said:   Bend3r, just wanted you to explain the GREEN you put on uncsom comment.
Do you realize we all can see if you post red/green?

What you call short posts are my thoughts on UAN. Was it not obvious?

Now I see you edited your post to ????.  Nice.

yes everyone can see greens or reds, they just show some general agreement or support for various posts. They're not usually individually obsessed about though, with anyone giving a green or red being asked about the post. It was not initially obvious to me that you were wanting an explanation on a "green", you just typed my username and "explain".
I'm not an expert on the quoted post area, but more detail on the general idea he expressed can be found here and here .

8 short posts in a row in a short time period, that are one line each, half of which quote the same post is unusual and silly (some would consider spam, but I'd always give benefit of doubt that someone just doesn't know how to edit their posts).  Yes, you are correct that it was obvious that they were all part of one set of thoughts like you say, and should have been one post.
FYI: There's an "edit" button available that you can add on when initial post is hurried/incomplete and you immediately have new thoughts a few minutes later. Of course if you did that it wouldn't bump the thread multiple times.

Moderator Comment: Please be sure the links you provide are the most direct possible. Thanks! — Sep. 13, 2014 @ 11:10pm
rated:
I've been on FW for a while, just noticed the Dividend Stock forum. Over the last couple of years I've been buying small amounts of Business Development Companies, recently I noticed BDCL, 2x leveraged long. I've been buying a little each month recently.

rated:
Looking4morecents said:   I've been on FW for a while, just noticed the Dividend Stock forum. Over the last couple of years I've been buying small amounts of Business Development Companies, recently I noticed BDCL, 2x leveraged long. I've been buying a little each month recently.

Look,  I was trying to help you, but yet you see it as a slight.  So good luck with your strategy. 

As far as trying to make me look like a fool on UAN you need to look deeper into the numbers.  as an example: % Held by Insiders:70.23%.  Is it risky?  yes, but it is not a dumb play like.... never mind I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.