• filter:
  • 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I also have MAV in my portfolio. A closed-end municipal bond ETF that pays MONTHLY TAX FREE dividends. Although the tax free part is not very beneficial to me since my income gets taxed at 15% bracket. -_- Any thoughts?

rated:
kosjunk said:   I also have MAV in my portfolio. A closed-end municipal bond ETF that pays MONTHLY TAX FREE dividends. Although the tax free part is not very beneficial to me since my income gets taxed at 15% bracket. -_- Any thoughts?
††In a perfectly efficient market, investments that are not subject to income tax would be more sought after by individuals in the highest tax brackets such that the risk-adjusted, after tax return of investments not subject to income tax would equal that of investments of similar risk that are not tax-free†for those in the highest brackets, and would have a lower risk-adjusted, after tax return†for everyone in lower brackets.† Of course, we do not have a perfectly efficient market, but how inefficient do you think the market really is?

So, IMO, you're better off going for a bond ETF with similar risk that is not tax free, but compare the numbers are see for yourself.

rated:
kosjunk said:   Anybody ever look at PHK? Although this is a closed-end fund and it has annual management expenses, I still like the fact that it has been paying steady monthly dividends since June 2003. Monthly compounding is a very powerful tool. Only sad part is that this stock does not appreciate in value and has steadily remained at the same price...
††
Steady? Looks to me like it is still a good 10-20% lower now than its pre-2008 crash average and in a continued shallow downtrend over the long term even taking out the crash.

rated:
GamingG, thanks for the advice. acroBios, thanks for pointing that out, I'm pretty sure that it won't hit the $14-15 mark anymore unless there's a huge demand for PHK or some huge investor injects a significant amount of dough into that closed-end etf. Hopefully they don't cut their dividend because I'm already counting my chickens before they hatch 20 years from now!

rated:
PHK sells at a substantial premium to its NAV (XPHKX). People seem willing to pay that premium for the income stream and PIMCO's name, but a 60% premium is too rich for me.

rated:
what u guys think of kweb?

rated:
What is the "Free Blog"?

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
bluegreenturtle said:   I have ORC, the reason to own is the dividend.† It may appreciate some - see seeking alpha article today.† Note it is highly leveraged.†
††I plugged ORC into that Think or Swim chart and indicator system that I stole from the blog and the chart-indicators have sell signals almost completing since the price hit $14.†† But I just love the huge dividends I get every month!!† Choices, choices...† Ex-div is 2/23/15... I'll try to hold until then.

††Gee... I was kicking myself for selling at $14 on that sell signal I got from that free blog... but today I just bought it back at $13.20... But there was no buy signal so it might go lower... I may buy more if there is a buy signal.†

rated:
neuma1bm2 said:   What is the "Free Blog"?
††I sent you a private mail reply.

rated:
ARCP will release the corrected and delayed financials premarket on Monday. Anyone going for this high risk play?

rated:
GamingG said:   ARCP will release the corrected and delayed financials premarket on Monday. Anyone going for this high risk play?
† Dumped mine a month ago.† I am sure they will be fine and high profit but I looked at their holdings and realized that they are leasing to a part of america that I don't understand or want to...red lobster, albertsons, ihop, chilis, applebees, cvs.† Ugh.† Made a nice profit on the sale though.

rated:
GamingG said:   ARCP will release the corrected and delayed financials premarket on Monday. Anyone going for this high risk play?
† Still holding.

rated:
I got in to ARCP at $9.33 back in December, then picked up some more near the bottom at $7.73 for an average cost basis of $8.38. Let's see if greed ends up biting me.

rated:
Would love to learn more about this "Free Blog" as well.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015