• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
PFE is a bargain... pays about 3.5% dividend, merging with AGN (they own Botox!!) which is based in Ireland with very low corporate taxes. PFE expected corporate taxes to be 15-17% compared to currently about 25% !!
Buy PFE and hold it for a couple years to let the merger tax benefits play out. Collect 3.5% dividend while you wait!!

Totally missed VLKPY!! Someone mentioned it on another blog. Has suffered drop in stock price because of engineering fraud but Volkswagen is not going out of business. Even after $$$$ penalties, it will get back on course to making $$$$. Hope it drops one more time to test the $20.50 recent low. But doesn't look like it is coming down again.

We (all readers of this thread) need to post more dividend stock ideas. The more we post, the better we get others think critically of the idea. It helps open the eyes of traders not aware of the idea too. Plus, we should post some explanation about what strategies are used to find, analyze, and execute.

In this day of internet, computers, countless indicators and charts, economic data at our fingertips, etc., I'm convinced we can at least increase the odds of successful trading by using those data to recognize patterns that coincide or forecast with stock or market prices. This is what professional traders do to beat us, the retail trader. So, unless we learn to use as much of that data as we can successfully, we are just playing against sharks.

Anyone watch the videos of former Goldman Sachs trader Anton Kreil? He has developed a team of traders which has rewarded him with great trading success.
THAT is what we retail traders lack... a trading team.

printed new 52 week low. worlds largest iron ore producer. currently down because a dam burst in Brazil. reminds me of BP disaster.

Current yield is close to 10% now, so even if they halve it for awhile, it's still not bad.

Just like all the commodity stocks, we just don't know how low they'll go. It looks like BBL has taken a tank in the past year similar to what it did in 2008. Yes, it's a good deal today compared to a year ago, but how will today's price look a year into the future? That's what's been keeping me away from a lot of the oil, metal, heavy equipment dealers.

I'll need to start venturing in to these areas sometime...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015