• 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
Jaytrader, if you are a crook could you choose to take this money and use it for yourself? If so, that seems like a valid reason for people to want you to send the money. If you couldn't do that, it is not a valid reason.

Not saying you will, but you could easily just up and leave fw for whatever reason , and all the folks who donated will feel cheated . The people who donated will feel much better hearing op and his family have received the funds.

You don't need to transfer the PayPal account credentials to him. Just PayPal him the money , or mail him a Check. It's not that hard and I don't understand the resistance to sending it to him .

No one is saying you need to transfer each donation as its received, which is a logistical hassle - but I don't see any issue with giving what's been amassed now, then you can send another $500-1000 in a lump sum when its amassed , etc.

BrodyInsurance said:   Jaytrader, if you are a crook could you choose to take this money and use it for yourself? If so, that seems like a valid reason for people to want you to send the money. If you couldn't do that, it is not a valid reason.

People never had to donate through me in the first place, if they had any single doubt in their mind. I agree with your point, I really do, but it's not like I forced anyone to send ME money.

Edit: donations being sent to Kashisti's wife's Paypal account. My account is closing. Thanks.

gasaver said:   so your family spends $67k, or $5583/month (less if you can figure out how to get rid of the car payment on the Explorer).

I suppose she could sell the Explorer or hand the it over to the bank if it's underwater when/if OP passes and buy something with the Volvo money.

UPDATE

jaytrader got my PayPal username and transferred the money last evening. My CFO (aka - The Wife) has in-turn set up a transfer for the donated funds to her/the family's savings account so that we can have it for whatever rainy day we face.

I want to say again that my family is extremely appreciative of everyone's kindness and generosity. We are also extremely appreciative that jaytrader took the time and effort to organize this. I have no idea what the funds will be used for, but I can promise everyone that they will stay safely saved, nested away, until we do.

I'm not posting this update in the OP because it's not really relevant to the thread overall (IMHO). I'll keep posting other updates, though!

Kashishti--understanding it's a longshot, and I'm not providing a recommendation--the Atkins diet has an induction phase that puts you into ketogenesis. I've been through it, there's definitely a metabolic change. They have shakes, bars, meals in stores, and plenty of diet recommendations on the web. It's very easy to do, and keeps you satiated.

If your tumor is similar to those that attack younger people, there appeared to be some hope that other treatments might help once you got through chemo/radiation. I believe I read 30% of them have PDGF-alpha overexpression, and there are inhibitors for that at least in the clinic. There was one other that escapes me at the moment. Hopefully, something might at least buy you more time; that's all we have anyway.

If you have any more details on the molecular categorization of the tumor, we can help look for clinical or pre-clinical therapeutics that might be applicable. This would happen after chemo/radiation, particularly if the tumor spreads. Irv Weissman in the Stanford area has had some broad success with a new anti-CD47 antibody allegedly applicable to ALL tumor types. At least in mice ...

Also, others might be interested to know what symptoms you had early on that you may have ignored, to serve as a warning to others to get checked early. Of course, this won't work if it was a full blown seizure.

Make it the Kahishti party fun--celebrate if you make it, cover the wake/funeral/memorial if ... celebrate your life either way.

Kashisti said:   UPDATE

jaytrader got my PayPal username and transferred the money last evening. My CFO (aka - The Wife) has in-turn set up a transfer for the donated funds to her/the family's savings account so that we can have it for whatever rainy day we face.

I want to say again that my family is extremely appreciative of everyone's kindness and generosity. We are also extremely appreciative that jaytrader took the time and effort to organize this. I have no idea what the funds will be used for, but I can promise everyone that they will stay safely saved, nested away, until we do.

I'm not posting this update in the OP because it's not really relevant to the thread overall (IMHO). I'll keep posting other updates, though!

Kashisti,

I agree that this thread should not become all about the donations. In my opinion, jaytrader did a great job of stepping up and providing a way for many of us to quickly show we care in a meaningful way. I don't need to know what you or your family do with the donations - that's your business and your choice. My choice was to think "maybe I can help these folks a littte" and to kick in a few bucks. I don't see an ongoing obligation for you to focus on what happens to it from here, as that's not why you came here to begin with - it was merely an added bonus.

On the other hand, yes, please keep us all updated on your experience. This is a powerful community and I'm sure things we haven't thought of yet will continue to surface. Despite the way we all generally tear each other apart and crap on each other's ideas, the FWF collective is far more intelligent and resourceful than most of the folks walking this Earth. I'd like to think we're brutally honest, painfully critical, skeptical of darn near everything, and all better off for it.

As always, stay strong and carry on - focus on the personal things that matter most to you - and speak up if any of us can lend a hand.

A big thanks to jay trader for setting this up. He is a good guy.

Continued best wishes op.

Thanks to the both of you, above. I didn't do this for fame, nor to boost my ego via compliments. I did this because OP's situation really hit home with me. As I stated prior, my mother was diagnosed with cancer when she was in her teens, back in the 80's. This is back when chemotherapy was very immature (and still is, in many ways) and she survived. In turn, she gave back to the cancer community in many ways, hoping to help those who perhaps wouldn't be so lucky as she was. Unfortunately, she was recently diagnosed (only a few days ago) with a form of skin cancer due to sun exposure as a child. The "good" side of this diagnosis is that it could have been much worse; it can be locally treated via tumor removal and does not frequently spread. The chances of the cancer coming back elsewhere are only about 30% after the surgery.

So, with the above said, please realize that my intentions were always 100% good. I am sorry that some of you felt that I was unable to manage these donations per your liking, but that's over now. I have sent all the funds to Kashisti's family and that's that. If someone else wants to use donatekashisti.org for their own donation campaign, please feel free to PM me. Anyway, let's get this thread back on topic and help this guy out!

Thanks all,
Jaytrader

Its been a month, OP, how are you holding up?

Not to speak for the OP, but I have talked to him on and off, and he started round two of chemo and has just been super tired as of late. Also, a couple of members of his family are ill with some head colds, so it's been tough around his house. That's pretty much all I know though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014