• 123 4 516
  • Page
  • Text Only
Can I apply if I have blue AMEX card? Will it work for me?

Can I apply if I have Green costco card?

vmani33 said:   Can I apply if I have Green costco card?

Can you read the thread?

PhoenixMan said:   aleck said:   Do you know if the bonus points post a month behind, just like the regular points? I've just reached the bonus spent from a previous offer, but don't see the 50K.

Did you have a previous gold, green or Platinum card? AMEX has really tightened down on their rules and are not giving bonus points to people who have had previous offers or in some cases just have anothe gold card with them!

It is an AMEX gold business card in my wife's name.

vmani33 said:   Can I apply if I have blue AMEX card? Will it work for me?

Someone earlier posted this -

"Says you cannot have had a previous Premier Gold in last 12 months to get the bonus..or any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account within the last 90 days."

I haven't applied yet, so I'm not sure where they're seeing this info.

lessalesa said:   vmani33 said:   Can I apply if I have blue AMEX card? Will it work for me?

"Says you cannot have had a previous Premier Gold in last 12 months to get the bonus..or any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account within the last 90 days."

it's on the application page.
and you can always apply. Getting approved is a different question.

imbatman said:   lessalesa said:   vmani33 said:   Can I apply if I have blue AMEX card? Will it work for me?

Not quite. You might get the card, spend your 1K, then not get the bonus because you had one of those other cards. Those are eligibility requirements for the bonus, not the card itself.

protomenace said:   imbatman said:   lessalesa said:   vmani33 said:   Can I apply if I have blue AMEX card? Will it work for me?

Not quite. You might get the card, spend your 1K, then not get the bonus because you had one of those other cards. Those are eligibility requirements for the bonus, not the card itself.

right
you can always apply.
that was the original question.

Nice, instant approval, thanks OP, gonna pool this with the family should be about 8 accounts.

Anyone have advice on wife and I applying for this card. Here is the situation: Building a house that will probably have the final closing late April or late May. We both applied and were approved for the Barclays NFL card for $400 bonus a few weeks ago. Both have 780-810 credit scores. Will both of us applying for this card hamper the closing of the home loan? Would like to get the $500 HD gift cards to help with final finishing for the new home. Thanks!

CowbellMaster said:   In for the wife and I, going to try that rewards 2 cash outfit, hoping it's legit.

Anyone know the tax ramifications of these points? Or if that would change by going through rew 2 cash?

Credit card bonuses are not taxable as they are considered rebates, not income. The Internal Revenue Service will not be notified that you received the points.

TY - approved for one! Also did the Chase Sapphire deal in December so I'm looking forward to these bonuses. Anyone know what the best use of MR points is? There wasn't a huge selection of GCs... maybe Amazon?

toadcat said:   Anyone have advice on wife and I applying for this card. Here is the situation: Building a house that will probably have the final closing late April or late May. We both applied and were approved for the Barclays NFL card for $400 bonus a few weeks ago. Both have 780-810 credit scores. Will both of us applying for this card hamper the closing of the home loan? Would like to get the $500 HD gift cards to help with final finishing for the new home. Thanks!

Do you have any other AMEX accounts? If so, you may be able to backdate the account so that it looks like it was opened at the time of your first AMEX account.

I have no knowledge of mortgage underwriting, but I'd imagine new accounts aren't a good thing in general. No use in getting $500 in gift cards if it ends up costing your high tier rate.

yumpop said:   TY - approved for one! Also did the Chase Sapphire deal in December so I'm looking forward to these bonuses. Anyone know what the best use of MR points is? There wasn't a huge selection of GCs... maybe Amazon?

I think you can get AMEX gift cards, which work basically like $ wherever credit cards are accepted.

toadcat said:   Anyone have advice on wife and I applying for this card. Here is the situation: Building a house that will probably have the final closing late April or late May. We both applied and were approved for the Barclays NFL card for $400 bonus a few weeks ago. Both have 780-810 credit scores. Will both of us applying for this card hamper the closing of the home loan? Would like to get the $500 HD gift cards to help with final finishing for the new home. Thanks!

I would advise against playing credit card games with such a huge financial move on the horizon. Could end up costing you more in interest than you'll get in CC rewards. The day AFTER you close on the mortgage is when you do an app-o-rama.

CAN I ASK CAN I USE THIS American Express CREDIT CARD TO BUY THE TRAVEL CHECK ( FOR FEE FREE ??) THANKS

showing dead for me now. My old link didn't work. Went to original site, generated new link and they pulled the offer. Cleared cookies, tried incognito, no dice. Should have pulled the trigger at lunch.

cheapdad00 said:   showing dead for me now. My old link didn't work. Went to original site, generated new link and they pulled the offer. Cleared cookies, tried incognito, no dice. Should have pulled the trigger at lunch.

Worked just fine now x 2 -- with chrome incognito serially. Thanks OP!

defjukie said:   toadcat said:   Anyone have advice on wife and I applying for this card. Here is the situation: Building a house that will probably have the final closing late April or late May. We both applied and were approved for the Barclays NFL card for $400 bonus a few weeks ago. Both have 780-810 credit scores. Will both of us applying for this card hamper the closing of the home loan? Would like to get the $500 HD gift cards to help with final finishing for the new home. Thanks!

I would advise against playing credit card games with such a huge financial move on the horizon. Could end up costing you more in interest than you'll get in CC rewards. The day AFTER you close on the mortgage is when you do an app-o-rama.

Agree with this. We just recently refinanced, And the bank wanted a good explanation of everything appearing on my credit report for the last year. I'd wait.

In.

invisible said:   cheapdad00 said:   showing dead for me now. My old link didn't work. Went to original site, generated new link and they pulled the offer. Cleared cookies, tried incognito, no dice. Should have pulled the trigger at lunch.

Worked just fine now x 2 -- with chrome incognito serially. Thanks OP!

Finally got it to work from home. Maybe it was a proxy issue at work. In for 1, wife is ineligible since she still has hers from the Columbia MBA thing 2 June's ago. [Think we ended up with 115K points on that one, 50K original, bumped to 75K in a match my friend offer, then a magical 40K points that appeared ~4 months after application] About time for her to close that one to see if there is a retention bonus offer.

Anyone know if the Fidelity Gold card (the long-discontinued one) disqualifies from this offer (i.e. does a specialty branded card count as "any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account", or does only the plain vanilla Gold card disqualify)?

Worked for me in Chrome Incognito yesterday. Thanks all.

DaGimp said:   yumpop said:   TY - approved for one! Also did the Chase Sapphire deal in December so I'm looking forward to these bonuses. Anyone know what the best use of MR points is? There wasn't a huge selection of GCs... maybe Amazon?

I think you can get AMEX gift cards, which work basically like $ wherever credit cards are accepted.

50,000 points will give you $500 in Home Depot or Dell Gift Card or $250 in AMEX Gift card or $350 on Amazon.

moyip said:   CAN I ASK CAN I USE THIS American Express CREDIT CARD TO BUY THE TRAVEL CHECK ( FOR FEE FREE ??) THANKS

YES YOU CAN

Go for it. Nothing is going to happen. Your score will go down from 780 to 760 worst. There are multiple lenders out there and they are looking for people with good scores like you. What is the point of good CC score if you can't use it.

You will get two kind of suggestions from FW community. Don't use insurance claims, your premium will go up and don't apply for credit, your score will go down. Sheesh!!

Besides the browser issues, I don't think anyone has been declined for this offer so far. Get it while its hot!!

skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

king0fSpades said:   toadcat said:   Anyone have advice on wife and I applying for this card. Here is the situation: Building a house that will probably have the final closing late April or late May. We both applied and were approved for the Barclays NFL card for $400 bonus a few weeks ago. Both have 780-810 credit scores. Will both of us applying for this card hamper the closing of the home loan? Would like to get the $500 HD gift cards to help with final finishing for the new home. Thanks!
Go for it. Nothing is going to happen. Your score will go down from 780 to 760 worst. There are multiple lenders out there and they are looking for people with good scores like you. What is the point of good CC score if you can't use it.

You will get two kind of suggestions from FW community. Don't use insurance claims, your premium will go up and don't apply for credit, your score will go down. Sheesh!!

Or the lender will freak out because there's been inquiries within 60-90 days of closing. If you try it let us know how it goes!

Hi,

Any one know if I use this card for airline purchases made at Orbitz / kayak etc qualify for 3 points/dollar?

Thanks

I'm not fully following how the rewards2cash works. I'm seeing unit 10 (at 1000 per) listed for like 12 dollars. How does that total 600 bucks on 50K?

I tried browsing some of the AMEX cards at the AMEX rewards site and it shows mostly ratios of like 10K pts for $50. thats also no good.

Can someone clarify the rewards scenario on what you can get for these points?
And,...yes I did read the whole thread.

hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

Should as consumer and business are completely seperate.
The fine print states "or any other consumer...".
I called and even though it is an AMEX rep. which have given incorrect information many times to me they confirmed everything.

RhizzleBop said:   I'm not fully following how the rewards2cash works. I'm seeing unit 10 (at 1000 per) listed for like 12 dollars. How does that total 600 bucks on 50K?

I tried browsing some of the AMEX cards at the AMEX rewards site and it shows mostly ratios of like 10K pts for $50. thats also no good.

$12 per 1000 points= $600 per 50,000 points. Simple arithmetic.

alanmax said:   hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

I called and even though it is an AMEX rep. which have given incorrect information many times to me they confirmed everything.

thx. now the only question is whether they'll give me another card with 5 AM3X products currently open...hmmm...

hebron1427 said:   alanmax said:   hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

thx. now the only question is whether they'll give me another card with 5 AM3X products currently open...hmmm...

I'm planning on trying it. If the offer is still around tomorrow. I

How does "rewards2cash" actually GET the points from you to them? Do you transfer them through another points program because you can't transfer points person to person (or so I have been told).

hebron1427 said:   alanmax said:   hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

They will give you the card but maybe not the bonus!
Read the caveats for the bonus before you apply!

MisterEd said:   How does "rewards2cash" actually GET the points from you to them? Do you transfer them through another points program because you can't transfer points person to person (or so I have been told).

Yes, I'm trying to fully understand how you get the points to them.

It also says you'll pay an AMEX transfer fee. Something about 6 tenths of a cent per point? or 6 hundredths?
I'm thinking about 30 bucks on 50K pts?

Still looks solid if this site is legit.

I wonder what they are doing with all these points?

RhizzleBop said:   I'm not fully following how the rewards2cash works. I'm seeing unit 10 (at 1000 per) listed for like 12 dollars. How does that total 600 bucks on 50K?

As previously mentioned, you can redeem 50k points for a $500 Home Depot card. You can then trade The Home Depot card to CardPool or PlasticJungle for over $400. Or you can shop at Home Depot.

Yippee! - UPS truck just dropped off the new card. That was quick!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014