• 14 5 67816
  • Page
  • Text Only
RhizzleBop said:   MisterEd said:   How does "rewards2cash" actually GET the points from you to them? Do you transfer them through another points program because you can't transfer points person to person (or so I have been told).

Yes, I'm trying to fully understand how you get the points to them.

It also says you'll pay an AMEX transfer fee. Something about 6 tenths of a cent per point? or 6 hundredths?
I'm thinking about 30 bucks on 50K pts?

Still looks solid if this site is legit.

I wonder what they are doing with all these points?

There are literally hundreds of people who will buy your points for 1.20 cents or above. just do a google search.

By the way, if you want to BUY AMEX points, American Express will gladly sell them to you for 2.5 cents a point!

Most of the brokers are connected with travel agencies and they can easily turn around and sell them for 1.60 or more

imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   alanmax said:   hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

Should as consumer and business are completely seperate.
The fine print states "or any other consumer...".
I called and even though it is an AMEX rep. which have given incorrect information many times to me they confirmed everything.

thx. now the only question is whether they'll give me another card with 5 AM3X products currently open...hmmm...

I'm planning on trying it. If the offer is still around tomorrow. I

if you don't mind, i'd love a report back when you try.

hebron1427 said:   imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   alanmax said:   hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

I called and even though it is an AMEX rep. which have given incorrect information many times to me they confirmed everything.

thx. now the only question is whether they'll give me another card with 5 AM3X products currently open...hmmm...

I anticipate (given my # of inquiries and accounts) that my application will not get approved immediately. There's a chance I might not know anything for a week or so, the offer may be gone by then.

ComputerGreek said:   Yippee! - UPS truck just dropped off the new card. That was quick!

Me too! Good thing I was home.

MitchFlorida said:   RhizzleBop said:   MisterEd said:   How does "rewards2cash" actually GET the points from you to them? Do you transfer them through another points program because you can't transfer points person to person (or so I have been told).

It also says you'll pay an AMEX transfer fee. Something about 6 tenths of a cent per point? or 6 hundredths?

There are literally hundreds of people who will buy your points for 1.20 cents or above. just do a google search.

By the way, if you want to BUY AMEX points, American Express will gladly sell them to you for 2.5 cents a point!

Most of the brokers are connected with travel agencies and they can easily turn around and sell them for 1.60 or more

I fully understand that HOWEVER since AMEX does NOT allow transfers of points between "people" my question is HOW (WHAT PROCESS) DO THEY USE TO GET THE POINTS into their account or whatever they do to resell them which is obviously their end-game?

Got mine as well, fyi they just dropped it off w/o signature.

MisterEd said:   MitchFlorida said:   RhizzleBop said:   MisterEd said:   How does "rewards2cash" actually GET the points from you to them? Do you transfer them through another points program because you can't transfer points person to person (or so I have been told).

I fully understand that HOWEVER since AMEX does NOT allow transfers of points between "people" my question is HOW (WHAT PROCESS) DO THEY USE TO GET THE POINTS into their account or whatever they do to resell them which is obviously their end-game?

they get transferred from MR to FF/Hotel points account.

geewitz123 said:   Hi,

Any one know if I use this card for airline purchases made at Orbitz / kayak etc qualify for 3 points/dollar?

Thanks
Last year, I purchased Emirates Airlines tickets from CheapOair.com and I got 3x on airfare for that purchase. The purchases came in as "Travel Agency" with the passenger ticket details and probably qualified because of that. So this is YMMV. I don't know how Orbitz/Kayak airline purchase show up in AMEX.

imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   alanmax said:   hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

I anticipate (given my # of inquiries and accounts) that my application will not get approved immediately. There's a chance I might not know anything for a week or so, the offer may be gone by then.

I'm
in the same boat and would rather wait to hear if you get an immediate decision or not before taking another inquiry. my last annex application was in early February so I don't even have much time between. wife already got hers so I'm fine missing this deal for myself.

hebron1427 said:   imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   alanmax said:   hebron1427 said:   skimmed through the thread but didn't see a response on point. anyone know if this works if you have an business Open gold card already?

I have 3 personal AMEX (all quite aged) 1 business AMEX and AU on another AMEX personal. I got instant approval.

ucfzf10 said:   geewitz123 said:   Hi,

Any one know if I use this card for airline purchases made at Orbitz / kayak etc qualify for 3 points/dollar?

Thanks
Last year, I purchased Emirates Airlines tickets from CheapOair.com and I got 3x on airfare for that purchase. The purchases came in as "Travel Agency" with the passenger ticket details and probably qualified because of that. So this is YMMV. I don't know how Orbitz/Kayak airline purchase show up in AMEX.

Thanks.. I called them and got confirmed that I get 3x points when I buy airline tickets from any website like Orbitz, Kayak, Yahoo etc..

A question for anybody that may be in the know. I had hoped to pay my upcoming auto insurance using the new AMEX card, well it looks as if my insurance takes every credit card other that AMEX. They do however take Paypal. If I pay through my Paypal account linked to my AMEX card will that still count as spend to the $1000? Are there any other fees with Paypal? I never use my Paypal and am a new AMEX member; I always just use VISA for everything. Thanks in advance.

ArmchairQB said:   A question for anybody that may be in the know. I had hoped to pay my upcoming auto insurance using the new AMEX card, well it looks as if my insurance takes every credit card other that AMEX. They do however take Paypal. If I pay through my Paypal account linked to my AMEX card will that still count as spend to the $1000? Are there any other fees with Paypal? I never use my Paypal and am a new AMEX member; I always just use VISA for everything. Thanks in advance.

Should work just fine.

Yes, package came today without signature. The wife thought that I had something going on with the smile on my face - now she wants one. Does anyone know how often they do the bonus thing for point / mile transfers ?

toadcat said:   Anyone have advice on wife and I applying for this card. Here is the situation: Building a house that will probably have the final closing late April or late May. We both applied and were approved for the Barclays NFL card for $400 bonus a few weeks ago. Both have 780-810 credit scores. Will both of us applying for this card hamper the closing of the home loan? Would like to get the $500 HD gift cards to help with final finishing for the new home. Thanks!

I think I will pass for now. But wish I had waited for this one instead of the Barclays.

nice... ive recently got the $400 for 1000 spend NFL barclays card, 50k united visa and now this (instant approval)
credit karma score little below 700

thanks OP!

2 other AMEX accounts (zync and hilton)

ImNew said:   nice... ive got this (instant approval) thanks OP!
2 other AMEX accounts (zync and hilton)

It seems that zync theoretically disqualifies you from receiving this bonus... read the OP /thread summary...

Rewards2cash worked fine for me for AMEX membership rewards. They basically give you somebody's frequent flier number and you link and transfer the points to the account. They sent me a check - I forget it was like $700+ - the rate was higher at that time 1.2+ and I had accumulated another 10000+ points. Note: I have heard that they cash out your airline points by asking you for your account password etc. so that they can buy tickets for some strangers - but I have no personal experience.

But thinking out loud - if you travel a bunch, you are better off transferring to your own mileage program and using the miles. And that is what I am planning for my chase points including 40K points from Chase Sapphire. And for god's sake, whatever you do, don't transfer the points to Delta airlines (even though Rewards2Cash used DL). So hard to redeem points on Delta at the base level. Obviously, for the same reasons, you should not fly on Delta by paying cash for the ticket since the miles are semi-worthless. I am dreading the America Waste (renamed to US Air) merger to AA . But may be it doesn't matter since I luv LUV.

PrincipalMember said:   Rewards2cash worked fine for me for AMEX membership rewards. They basically give you somebody's frequent flier number and you link and transfer the points to the account. They sent me a check - I forget it was like $700+ - the rate was higher at that time 1.2+ and I had accumulated another 10000+ points. Note: I have heard that they cash out your airline points by asking you for your account password etc. so that they can buy tickets for some strangers - but I have no personal experience.

But thinking out loud - if you travel a bunch, you are better off transferring to your own mileage program and using the miles. And that is what I am planning for my chase points including 40K points from Chase Sapphire. And for god's sake, whatever you do, don't transfer the points to Delta airlines (even though Rewards2Cash used DL). So hard to redeem points on Delta at the base level. Obviously, for the same reasons, you should not fly on Delta by paying cash for the ticket since the miles are semi-worthless. I am dreading the America Waste (renamed to US Air) merger to AA . But may be it doesn't matter since I luv LUV.

can you please post data points/ time line from start to finish?

im a bit weary on losing the points to them...

ArmchairQB said:   A question for anybody that may be in the know. I had hoped to pay my upcoming auto insurance using the new AMEX card, well it looks as if my insurance takes every credit card other that AMEX. They do however take Paypal. If I pay through my Paypal account linked to my AMEX card will that still count as spend to the $1000? Are there any other fees with Paypal? I never use my Paypal and am a new AMEX member; I always just use VISA for everything. Thanks in advance.

I have found that PayPal always wants to charge my checking account first, and I always have to switch it to my credit card. They are hoping not to have to pay those cc fees.

If you add AMEX to your PP account and select it when you buy something, your AMEX will get billed and you will get the points .

also, i'm wondering now if the delta AMEX gold is a "consumer gold" card within the meaning of the promo exclusions...

hebron1427 said:   also, i'm wondering now if the delta AMEX gold is a "consumer gold" card within the meaning of the promo exclusions...

asked and answered in this thread
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1258730/m17585134/#m1758...

lillazyfats81 said:   PrincipalMember said:   Rewards2cash worked fine for me for AMEX membership rewards. They basically give you somebody's frequent flier number and you link and transfer the points to the account. They sent me a check - I forget it was like $700+ - the rate was higher at that time 1.2+ and I had accumulated another 10000+ points.

I didn't note down the date when the check arrived but the whole process was like 10 days. The online stuff went fast - the guy was on top of his transactions. I even had a problem with one of the Delta accounts that he gave me but they quickly gave me a new one. Note: The name of the owner and the DL account owners were all Chinese/Taiwanese type names - so that might get you worried.

After I did the transaction, I called myself "stupid" several times. I should have broken up the transaction into at least 2 - i.e. in case these were shady guys, I didn't lose everything. But now that I done them one, I would not be hesitant. BTW - if you can find my posts, you will see that I have just tried to be helpful to the community and when I see bad stuff, I call it (e.g. Nova Development greeting card factory rebates).

Fiance is approved, after a couple days. Still pending on my app, but I do have EX frozen. We each have a Blue Cash product and the Hilton Surpass card (just got the Hilton cards last month).

Edit: AMEX just called, EX was frozen, needed PIN. Provided PIN, instant approval. Expediting delivery on both mine and my fiance's cards.

Applied and Approved today morning.

imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   also, i'm wondering now if the delta AMEX gold is a "consumer gold" card within the meaning of the promo exclusions...

beautiful. thanks. did you apply? i did, finally. did not get immediate approval. hoping to see it today (wife's came through a few hours after application)

Stupid question:

Is the fidelity AMEX (which happens to be green) one of the "green cards" they are referring to?

newnorley said:   Stupid question:

Is the fidelity AMEX (which happens to be green) one of the "green cards" they are referring to?

No, and the black Macys card wouldn't be considered a "Black" card if that were listed.

mjoply said:   newnorley said:   Stupid question:

No, and the black Macys card wouldn't be considered a "Black" card if that were listed.

Thanks, applied and was approved. I normally have to call a reconsideration line (because of short credit history) but was fine this time.

Recieved cards yesterday and spent approx 450 today morning. Rewards2cash now shows 1.32 (an increase over 1.25?)

PrincipalMember said:   lillazyfats81 said:   PrincipalMember said:   Rewards2cash worked fine for me for AMEX membership rewards. They basically give you somebody's frequent flier number and you link and transfer the points to the account. They sent me a check - I forget it was like $700+ - the rate was higher at that time 1.2+ and I had accumulated another 10000+ points.

I didn't note down the date when the check arrived but the whole process was like 10 days. The online stuff went fast - the guy was on top of his transactions. I even had a problem with one of the Delta accounts that he gave me but they quickly gave me a new one. Note: The name of the owner and the DL account owners were all Chinese/Taiwanese type names - so that might get you worried.

After I did the transaction, I called myself "stupid" several times. I should have broken up the transaction into at least 2 - i.e. in case these were shady guys, I didn't lose everything. But now that I done them one, I would not be hesitant. BTW - if you can find my posts, you will see that I have just tried to be helpful to the community and when I see bad stuff, I call it (e.g. Nova Development greeting card factory rebates).

Was correspondence through telephone or email?

hebron1427 said:   imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   also, i'm wondering now if the delta AMEX gold is a "consumer gold" card within the meaning of the promo exclusions...

beautiful. thanks. did you apply? i did, finally. did not get immediate approval. hoping to see it today (wife's came through a few hours after application)

received "Thank you for your application." Not immediate approval. we'll see where this goes.

StinkPot said:   Recieved cards yesterday and spent approx 450 today morning. Rewards2cash now shows 1.32 (an increase over 1.25?)

It shows me the same as before 1.26 with various deductions.

hebron1427 said:   hebron1427 said:   imbatman said:   hebron1427 said:   also, i'm wondering now if the delta AMEX gold is a "consumer gold" card within the meaning of the promo exclusions...

received "Thank you for your application." Not immediate approval. we'll see where this goes.

Bummer, I got immediate approval.

Got my cards via UPS yesterday. FWIW I saw a 75k targeted offer a couple of weeks before I posted this, it came up for some when you clicked on certain offers at AmericanExpress.com, but it was such a YMMV deal. I never saw it.

lillazyfats81 said:   PrincipalMember said:   lillazyfats81 said:   PrincipalMember said:   Rewards2cash worked fine for me for AMEX membership rewards. They basically give you somebody's frequent flier number and you link and transfer the points to the account. They sent me a check - I forget it was like $700+ - the rate was higher at that time 1.2+ and I had accumulated another 10000+ points.

Was correspondence through telephone or email?

Through email - didn't need to call them. Here is what their initial email looked like (parts hidden with @@@@@).

------------------

Order ID: @@@@@
Date Ordered: 28/11/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
InstructionProvided

To view your order click on the link below:
http://rewards2cash.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order...

The comments for your order are:

First of all congratulations to you for getting more cash out of your AMEX rewards points, and thank you for visiting and trusting Rewards2Cash.com.

Please transfer @@k to https:@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@/AMEX_TRANSFER_GUIDE_Delta_topmiles_@@@@.pdf and @@k to https:@@@@@@@@@@@@/AMEX_TRANSFER_GUIDE_Delta_topmiles_@@@@.pdf, and let me know once you have completed it by sending us confirmation page. Points usually arrive at mile accounts instantly. Check will be mailed out to you within one business day upon verification of points arrival. Please try to transfer during regular working hours because late night and weekend might be AMEX website's maintenance time so the website is less stable.(You may still try at anytime. There is no any other consequences if the transfer doesn't work).

Please be kindly reminded that instructions are order specific. Please don't re-use this one if you make another order in the future.

Regards,
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Administrator of Rewards2Cash.com

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

MitchFlorida said:   StinkPot said:   Recieved cards yesterday and spent approx 450 today morning. Rewards2cash now shows 1.32 (an increase over 1.25?)

It shows me the same as before 1.26 with various deductions.

Maybe I am new and hence did not know the ins and outs. I just read what was advertised in bold (not knowing of deductions.)..so you may be right.

Any one know how long it takes to get the 50K miles after spending $1000? I used it for a purchase, yesterday, right after receiving the card..

I would expect about 2 months from now at the least.

You get your bonus points a few days after statement closing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014