• 1 2 34516
  • Page
  • Text Only
sauceisboss said:   ArmchairQB said:   So without laundering the points through a third party it looks like at best $250 of gift cards at a select group of merchants?

edit... not saying that $250 is bad in cards for spending $1k, just asking if I am missing a better way of using the points.

50k points will get you a $500 gift card.
Not for very much. Most are $50 for 10K. The GC selection isn't so great. They don't even have an Amazon or WalMart or Lowes or even McD's!!!!....

sauceisboss said:   ArmchairQB said:   So without laundering the points through a third party it looks like at best $250 of gift cards at a select group of merchants?

edit... not saying that $250 is bad in cards for spending $1k, just asking if I am missing a better way of using the points.

50k points will get you a $500 gift card.

I was looking at AMEX gift cards. so far the only merchant, for me, that would be a almost cash like card is Home Depot, or i suppose i could surprise the wife and spend $500 at VS.

kmsandrbs said:   I get through to the end and get "Currently, our systems are not responding" each time

Got through and instant approval on Chrome.

Thanks Op. Instant approval with really low income and limited credit history. Easy money.

Thanks OP. Looks like the Depot is going to get $1k project money from the wife and myself.

Approved. Thanks.

Had to use chrome, FF did not load the website.

I don't see many gift card (good ones at least)

Which gift card is a good candidate.?

"Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:"

Drat, may have missed out.

Aww yeah! Instant Approval.
@orthros I submitted my app at 7:55pm PT using Chrome in incognito mode. I hope what you got was a glitch so you can give it another shot.

lillazyfats81 said:   I don't see many gift card (good ones at least)

Which gift card is a good candidate.?

They have Home Depot and lands end (can be used at Sears Kmart, also) at 1:1.

Thanks OP! Green for you. Instant approval! I can spend $1k very fast if I need to. Thanks for the tip on rewards2cash.com; I will have to check them out.

asahi21 said:   Aww yeah! Instant Approval.
@orthros I submitted my app at 7:55pm PT using Chrome in incognito mode. I hope what you got was a glitch so you can give it another shot.

Thanks asahi! Got another error message in normal mode but it went straight through in Incognito. Strange. Gratzi!

Cardpool is currently paying $430 for $500 Home Depot GC. PlasticJungle doesn't show anymore without entering the card number and pin. I don't know if I should risk it with 2 experian pulls in the last 3 months

@Orthos, glad to help.

Can anyone tell me or shoot a link to what qualifies for the $1 = 1 point for ELIGIBLE purchases?

I thought it was 3 points per $1 on airfare, 2 points per $1 spent on gas or supermarkets, 1 point per $1 spent on everything else.

Went for it...approved. This should help a bunch with my AAoA too.

Got my instant approval! Thanks OP!

Are many of you applying for this card just for the 50K points and intend to close the card before the year is up?

It seems unlikely that they would let you product change from a charge card to a credit card, so one could either keep this card and pay the $175, product change to the AMEX green card and pay $95 or close it out. I think it just depends on the value of the card's perks for your personal circumstances.

NorthStar2020 said:   Are many of you applying for this card just for the 50K points and intend to close the card before the year is up?

yes, hell yes. I fly United and Southwest and the membership rewards points can no longer be transferred to these airlines. 50K points for $1k spend is a no brainer.

Instant approval here. Thanks OP!

approved. Thanks!

andyh182 said:   JumboRedGrunt said:   I just heard of Rewards2Cash.com and am interested. Not sure if they're legit...

It's legit. I have used it and there are quite a few amount of positive reviews out there. I'm not sure but it may be a one man operation, which is why the site looks the way it does.

I am skeptical too. They have only 45 likes on FB and almost equal number of comments (all positive). There is hardly anything I can do once I have transferred the points.

ArmchairQB said:   So without laundering the points through a third party it looks like at best $250 of gift cards at a select group of merchants?

50,000 points will get you $500 in Home Depot or Dell Gift Card. Or it will give you $350 to spend on Amazon.

I have seen online brokers who will pay more than 1.25 cents per one, or $625 or more.

Has anyone here tried that?

MitchFlorida said:   ArmchairQB said:   So without laundering the points through a third party it looks like at best $250 of gift cards at a select group of merchants?

50,000 points will get you $500 in Home Depot or Dell Gift Card. Or it will give you $350 to spend on Amazon.

I have seen online brokers who will pay more than 1.25 cents per one, or $625 or more.

Any details on these online brokers. Wondering what will be their business model

They just buy points and sell them at a profit to people who want free flights or First Class upgrades. A lot of them look fly-by-night because the Airlines don't like people to sell them. They appear to be affiliated with travel agents.

MitchFlorida said:   

Links to these brokers?

Just google "Sell AMEX Points for Cash" and you will see several.

I don't want to name any because I haven't done it yet and can't recommend one.
If people have had a good experience they will say so.

Standard offer is $625 per 50,000 points paid to your PayPal account.

It also shows Blue Cash offers for me - looks good as well.

Identical to last promo:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1256794/

HEELLOO said:   andyh182 said:   JumboRedGrunt said:   I just heard of Rewards2Cash.com and am interested. Not sure if they're legit...

It's legit. I have used it and there are quite a few amount of positive reviews out there. I'm not sure but it may be a one man operation, which is why the site looks the way it does.

I am skeptical too. They have only 45 likes on FB and almost equal number of comments (all positive). There is hardly anything I can do once I have transferred the points.

Found some info on Rewards2Cash on S/d as well as the associated RISK. CC companies prohibit you from doing this and your CC can be shut down:
Flyer Talk link

That thread relates to Chase and has nothing to do with AMEX, which I understand doesn't enforce it.

$600 for these points is awesome.
I really want to apply but I dont want another INQ on my EX.

Sigh...

Do you know if the bonus points post a month behind, just like the regular points? I've just reached the bonus spent from a previous offer, but don't see the 50K.

dead ?

Approved instantly!!!

someone said that they FedEx the cards immediately. You might get it by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Still alive - but did NOT work since my old AMEX login was saved on the computer (not signed in, just saved) - so I used a different browser and it worked.

MitchFlorida said:   someone said that they FedEx the cards immediately. You might get it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
I clicked continue a couple of times after approval and got some letter saying they've expedited it for free and it should arrive in 1-3 business days.

yeah i got my card about 2 days after i applied.

Had to use incognito mode in Chrome to get it to work, but it worked!

Thanks OP!

Worked for me, thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014