• 12 3 4516
  • Page
  • Text Only
MitchFlorida said:   someone said that they FedEx the cards immediately. You might get it by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I guess shipping method will vary because the message I received was that it would arrive via UPS in 1-3 days.

Got Instantly Approved. Thanks OP.

I have to wait a few weeks, then I am going to buy an HDTV to get the bonus. My offer expires March 23

Approved instantly. Though the 'already an AMEX customer' button wasn't working. No big deal, the app was simple.

In for 1!!! Instant approval... Thanks OP

I got "We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available.
Click here to learn more and apply for the current offer."

Edit: I applied using Chrome and immediately approved. Thanks for the tip, to the person who posted it. And green for OP.

it will not work ( NO 50K BONUS) and will be waste of hard credit inquiry if you have had this card in last 12 months.

Can someone confirm if the AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles card would count as an AMEX Gold product, and therefore disqualify me?

no totally different cards.

AMEX is a charge card, delta is credit card

Worked fine this time.
Instant Approval for my wife.

Thanks OP

hansp said:   dont see the offer after entering personal info. doing something wrong ?

Thank you!!!

Thanks OP, one for me, one for the Mrs!

ETA: Had to use a different browser for the 2nd one.

I ran into errors three times, but did get the app finished and approved. Woot!

Instant approval as well. Awesome!

In for 2- wife and I. Quick $1000, thank you fatwallet.

How do you transfer the points to another person's account? I want to combine my 50K and my wife's 50K which will are 2 fully separate accounts.

I've looked & googled and can't figure it out (no matter whether it is "kosher" or not). The only way I have found to do it is through an airlines program which ends up in most cases losing value.

Geez, I'd hate to own AMEX stock ~11 months from now when everyone cancels the card.

MisterEd said:   How do you transfer the points to another person's account? I want to combine my 50K and my wife's 50K which will are 2 fully separate accounts.

I've looked & googled and can't figure it out (no matter whether it is "kosher" or not). The only way I have found to do it is through an airlines program which ends up in most cases losing value.

You cannot pool the points into one MR account. You can try calling customer service to see if they'll do it as a courtesy, but don't count on it.

Your last sentence is incorrect. The value with MR points is that you CAN transfer to airline programs were the points have better value, not worse value (which is what you have said) in just about every case. Unless you're just trying to get cash equivalent.

aleck said:   Do you know if the bonus points post a month behind, just like the regular points? I've just reached the bonus spent from a previous offer, but don't see the 50K.

Did you have a previous gold, green or Platinum card? AMEX has really tightened down on their rules and are not giving bonus points to people who have had previous offers or in some cases just have anothe gold card with them!

MisterEd said:   Geez, I'd hate to own AMEX stock ~11 months from now when everyone cancels the card. Should we wait that long? The sooner we cancel, the sooner we're eligible for another offer.

got one...Buying a new house in the next month...$500 at Home Depot will come in handy

In for 1. thanks OP and FWF.

I just got the error:
We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available.
Click here to learn more and apply for the current offer.

Instant Approval, Thanks!

PeterPatty said:   I just got the error:
We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available.
Click here to learn more and apply for the current offer.

Never mind, tried second time successfully. Thanks OP

imbatman said:   MisterEd said:   How do you transfer the points to another person's account? I want to combine my 50K and my wife's 50K which will are 2 fully separate accounts.

You cannot pool the points into one MR account. You can try calling customer service to see if they'll do it as a courtesy, but don't count on it.

Your last sentence is incorrect. The value with MR points is that you CAN transfer to airline programs were the points have better value, not worse value (which is what you have said) in just about every case. Unless you're just trying to get cash equivalent.
why would you want to pool points anyway?

In 4 1! Thanks OP!

Will I be able to get this even though I already have the American Express Business Gold card. I signed up for this card on 12/26/2012.

Silverthunder said:   Will I be able to get this even though I already have the American Express Business Gold card. I signed up for this card on 12/26/2012.

Assuming everything else is in order, AMEX treats Business and Personal cards separately, so there shouldn't be a problem from that angle.

Thanks OP.

I find it strange that the application limited my street address to 20 characters.

Also, I already have a Blue card, but after approval, the new account didn't list with that one. I don't want two online accounts...hope it links up soon.

Instant approval!
Great offer, thanks OP!

protomenace said:   Anyone know where I can find a listing of the possible redemption options for this card?

Edit: Found it

http://www.membershiprewards.com/catalog/search/?N=11700000&mrna...

I'm ready to apply, but where is everyone seeing The Home Depot gift card? I don't see it from the above link

lillazyfats81 said:   protomenace said:   Anyone know where I can find a listing of the possible redemption options for this card?

Edit: Found it

http://www.membershiprewards.com/catalog/search/?N=11700000&mrna...

I'm ready to apply, but where is everyone seeing The Home Depot gift card? I don't see it from the above link

http://www.membershiprewards.com/catalog/search/?SearchType=Sear... Home Depot®&OmniturePageName=brandbrowse&mrnavlink=leftnav:The Home Depot®

Direct link to Home Depot

imbatman said:   MisterEd said:   How do you transfer the points to another person's account? I want to combine my 50K and my wife's 50K which will are 2 fully separate accounts.

That's what I thought (that you can't pool). Yea, looking for $$$. I could do it separately but I'd prefer pooled.

instant approval

What exactly justifies the $175 annual fee? You would probably have to charge $12,000 a year just to pay the fee.

The smartest thing is to get it for a year, cancel, reapply, cancel, reapply , cancel, etc

itsausername said:   Thanks OP.

I find it strange that the application limited my street address to 20 characters.

Also, I already have a Blue card, but after approval, the new account didn't list with that one. I don't want two online accounts...hope it links up soon.

i don't think it will show up til you get the card and input the card # manually.

I had to use MS Internet Explorer to get it to work, where I was approved instantly. Someone's comment above clued me into it, thanks!

MitchFlorida said:   What exactly justifies the $175 annual fee? You would probably have to charge $12,000 a year just to pay the fee.

The smartest thing is to get it for a year, cancel, reapply, cancel, reapply , cancel, etc
While it might be the "smartest thing" the chances of you getting away with it too many times are slim and you would risk no longer having ANY AMEX cards.

In for the wife and I, going to try that rewards 2 cash outfit, hoping it's legit.

Anyone know the tax ramifications of these points? Or if that would change by going through rew 2 cash?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014