• 11213 14 1516
  • Page
  • Text Only
alik99 said:   PhoenixMan said:   Now Membership rewards letting you pay off items on your statement with Membership Rewards. 30% Bonus, so 50,000 =$650. Easy and no third party.
i see some charges 1 to 1, some require more points, where do you see 30% bonus?
Just got off the phone with an AMEX representative.

She said the redemption rate for "Use points for your charges" is approx. 167 points to the dollar (1.67 to 1).

Where are you getting that 1 to 1 figure from?

167 points to the dollar is not 1.67 to 1, it's 0.59 to 1

If you redeem 100,000 points using the 167 points to the dollar translation, you will end up with $598
100,000/167=$598.80

borisr said:   167 points to the dollar is not 1.67 to 1, it's 0.59 to 1

If you redeem 100,000 points using the 167 points to the dollar translation, you will end up with $598
100,000/167=$598.80
167 points to the dollar means that to "erase" a $1 charge from your statement, you would need to use 167 points.

Obviously, that's a lousy redemption rate.

Alik99 mentioned a 1 to 1 rate, which would mean that to erase a $1 charge you would only need to use 100 points.

I would like to know where he got that information...

My points did not show up so i called and they denied points due to having a card which was closed in August 2012. Is there any tip for a work around to get the points applied? Call again?

mrlandlord said:   My points did not show up so i called and they denied points due to having a card which was closed in August 2012. Is there any tip for a work around to get the points applied? Call again?

Should not havew been a surprise to you if you had bothered to read page 1 of this thread or the terms page of the AMEX offer...

"Says you cannot have had a previous Premier Gold card in last 12 months to get the bonus."

I'd just like to add another positive vote for Bruce. Apparently some of the outfits that pay more do so because they sell not only your miles but your online access to some other party so that the person arranges his/ her travel him/ her self. That's why they need your login and password; they don't use it themselves but give it to the customer who's buying tickets so that that person can log in and book their own tickets. Sometimes, this might be fine, if the person on the other end is honest-- but since not all people are, I'm sure that we can all imagine that it could also go very wrong. Bruce doesn't need your login or password, and he has a better rate than Rewards 2 Cash generally.

lilith44 said:   I'd just like to add another positive vote for Bruce. Apparently some of the outfits that pay more do so because they sell not only your miles but your online access to some other party so that the person arranges his/ her travel him/ her self. That's why they need your login and password; they don't use it themselves but give it to the customer who's buying tickets so that that person can log in and book their own tickets. Sometimes, this might be fine, if the person on the other end is honest-- but since not all people are, I'm sure that we can all imagine that it could also go very wrong. Bruce doesn't need your login or password, and he has a better rate than Rewards 2 Cash generally.

Sorry, but I am just having some difficulty with this; what exactly is there to be nervous about?

I gave my login, password (which I changed first), four digit pin from front, and three digit pin from back. I have used points myself before and I know that that is exactly what you need, not more not less. And there is no way to get the digits of my card just from being logged in; American Express is smarter than that.

So I repeat, what "risk" are you guys talking about?...

lilith44 said:   I'd just like to add another positive vote for Bruce. Apparently some of the outfits that pay more do so because they sell not only your miles but your online access to some other party so that the person arranges his/ her travel him/ her self. That's why they need your login and password; they don't use it themselves but give it to the customer who's buying tickets so that that person can log in and book their own tickets. Sometimes, this might be fine, if the person on the other end is honest-- but since not all people are, I'm sure that we can all imagine that it could also go very wrong. Bruce doesn't need your login or password, and he has a better rate than Rewards 2 Cash generally.

Sold/transferred my AMEX points this evening to Bruce (flighthunter). He emailed me simple 2 step directions. Money was in my paypal account prior to me even starting the transaction. Thanks!!!

I just wanted to add another positive review for Bruce. I decided to go with Bruce after positive reviews on Fatwallet, SD, and Facebook. I sent him an e-mail with my AMEX info and my PayPal e-mail, and 5 minutes later I received an e-mail from PayPal notifying me that Bruce sent me the payment in full.

Are there paypal fees to receive money?

hotahai said:   Are there paypal fees to receive money?

yes

hotahai said:   Are there paypal fees to receive money?

Ya roughly 3%.

Last I inquired Bruce only accepts paypal. He'd be number one easily if he accepted other p2p options. Not everyone has paypal and setting one up today is like a colonoscopy.

FWIW, I just sold my points to Shlomosmiles (Alex). he gives the best rate of all the mileage/points brokers that i've seen (1.45 for United vs. 1.3 and (1.75 for UR vs. 1.45).

super easy. he uses Chase Quickpay (no fees) and he sent me the money and I accepted it before I even gave him access to the points.

will definitely use him again once I get my UR points from my new Chase SP

for UR pints, did you have to give out your Chase.com username/password?

RiversideTom said:   FWIW, I just sold my points to Shlomosmiles (Alex). he gives the best rate of all the mileage/points brokers that i've seen (1.45 for United vs. 1.3 and (1.75 for UR vs. 1.45).

super easy. he uses Chase Quickpay (no fees) and he sent me the money and I accepted it before I even gave him access to the points.

Anyone with further information on Chase QuickPay and the drawbacks to receiving payments in this method? I did some preliminary googling, and I'm not 100% sure that payments made via this method can't be clawed back / reversed similar to a check being cancelled OR a check bouncing due to NSF.

borisr said:   for UR pints, did you have to give out your Chase.com username/password?

haven't done the UR points yet because I haven't received them yet

but for the United miles, yes i gave him access to my united.com credentials.

borisr said:   for UR pints, did you have to give out your Chase.com username/password?

No. Just x-fer them to his account. I used him a few weeks ago.

kwest said:   RiversideTom said:   FWIW, I just sold my points to Shlomosmiles (Alex). he gives the best rate of all the mileage/points brokers that i've seen (1.45 for United vs. 1.3 and (1.75 for UR vs. 1.45).

Anyone with further information on Chase QuickPay and the drawbacks to receiving payments in this method? I did some preliminary googling, and I'm not 100% sure that payments made via this method can't be clawed back / reversed similar to a check being cancelled OR a check bouncing due to NSF.

if you do a forum search for shlomo you'll see i'm far from the only person to recommend him as legit. as far as Quickpay i just signed up for it so i don't know if it's any better or worse than Paypal. based on the zero fees alone, it's better.

Great, thanks guys!

Looks like Bruce is spreading some evil rumors against the competition.

If you are selling MR or UR, nobody should be asking for your login information, you just transfer your rewards to the mileage account provided to you by the buyer.

If you sell Delta or other airline miles, somebody (Bruce, Vince or Curly) has to log into your mileage account and book the tickets with your miles. There is no way around it. Now, Bruce may say that he is an honest guy and more trustworthy than a Chinese dude named Vince, but at the end of the day you trust a guy on the internet.

I understand your concerns. I was very nervous about the whole thing, so I did some research on Bruce at Flighthunter. The numerous kudos for Bruce from long-time FW members (some from people who had gone thru him some time ago) ultimately reassured me. And my experience with him was, indeed, excellent!

I will also give Bruce a positive rating. Good guy. Made 3 transactions with him.

RiversideTom said:   FWIW, I just sold my points to Shlomosmiles (Alex).Same here. Paid at a rate of 1.45 cents per point, in increments of 1000 via Chase Quickpay.

A courteous ten minute phone call cinched everything up. Buyer is very busy so it did take some time/multiple contacts to get that call, but it's worth the rate to wait a little.

aleck said:   If you are selling MR or UR, nobody should be asking for your login information, you just transfer your rewards to the mileage account provided to you by the buyer.Some still require direct access, which is the case for Shlomosmiles. He asks for user/pass and security codes from the physical AM_EX card. I don't think they can get the full card number along with all that. One or two business days later, the points will be gone and you change your password.

While this is not ideal and leaves some room for account meddling, folks will decide if that's worth it to get the higher rate. It was implied that transfers are done this way in order to service future travel needs which are yet to be identified but will be done in short order, making it unnecessary to predict where the points should best be stockpiled (or to call you for the transfer at the time it is actually needed). Of course, I would prefer they did the stockpiling/calling thing, but them's the breaks. This canary will post again if anything goes awry from here.

Sorry to detract from the tangential discussion about selling the points, but I'm just posting to say that this offer is still being (snail) MAILED out as a targeted offer.

Another positive transaction with Bruce from Flighthunter! Quick and easy. He logged in to the account, transferred the points, and paid me in 5 minutes! It was so smooth, that I sold him points on another card

Does this card always yield 3X points for Amazon web payments or is it just the first time?

+1

(except I had him give me the info and I did it myself and sent him a screenshot when done)

CPAESQ said:   Another positive transaction with Bruce from Flighthunter! Quick and easy. He logged in to the account, transferred the points, and paid me in 5 minutes! It was so smooth, that I sold him points on another card

itsausername said:   RiversideTom said:   FWIW, I just sold my points to Shlomosmiles (Alex).Same here. Paid at a rate of 1.45 cents per point, in increments of 1000 via Chase Quickpay.

A courteous ten minute phone call cinched everything up. Buyer is very busy so it did take some time/multiple contacts to get that call, but it's worth the rate to wait a little.

aleck said:   If you are selling MR or UR, nobody should be asking for your login information, you just transfer your rewards to the mileage account provided to you by the buyer.Some still require direct access, which is the case for Shlomosmiles. He asks for user/pass and security codes from the physical AM_EX card. I don't think they can get the full card number along with all that. One or two business days later, the points will be gone and you change your password.

While this is not ideal and leaves some room for account meddling, folks will decide if that's worth it to get the higher rate. It was implied that transfers are done this way in order to service future travel needs which are yet to be identified but will be done in short order, making it unnecessary to predict where the points should best be stockpiled (or to call you for the transfer at the time it is actually needed). Of course, I would prefer they did the stockpiling/calling thing, but them's the breaks. This canary will post again if anything goes awry from here.

+1

Had a very smooth transaction with Shlomosmiles (Alex). I sold points from 2 AMEX cards (51k on each) for 1.5 cents per point.

Very happy with transaction even though I had to wait 2 days for him to return my call and I had to give away the credentials. After all is about $200 over of what I would get from R2C or Flighthunter.

He paid via Chase quick pay right during our first and only conversation and before I gave him the credentials. I only spent about 10 min on this.

Tip: mention that you heard about Shlomosmiles from a Financial forum and would leave feedback once transaction completed. He will try hard to please you once he know you can bring him new customers.

Another +1 for Bruce. Smooth transaction.

sredni said:   Does this card always yield 3X points for Amazon web payments or is it just the first time?

did for me in month 1 and 2. did not seem to do so on the last statement

bytem3 said:   Sorry to detract from the tangential discussion about selling the points, but I'm just posting to say that this offer is still being (snail) MAILED out as a targeted offer.

Also wanted to add that if someone in your household/neighborhood gets the offer you can apply under it. The offer code is hardcoded to the zip code it was mailed to. You can log on and use the code, and enter all your own info.

Another happy Flighthunter customer here. Bruce was very communicative and worked with my schedule to do the transfer and sent payment immediately.

Another +1 for Bruce with Flighthunter

+1 for Bruce (flight hunter).

He offered me the option to either provide him with the login credentials and he'll do everything or he'll tell me what to do and I can keep my peace of mind. I ended providing him my login as there are some steps needed to link accounts and I didn't want to screw it up and risk transferring my pts to some other person.

He even put in a request to accelerate some pending pts I had with AMEX and offered me a great rate to buy up the last 1k of my remaining pts once they get accelerated (with my permission of course)

For anyone else considering security implications, this is the info you will need to provide if you let Bruce do it for you

AMEX login
front 4 digit CVV
back 3 digit CVV
and be sure to have your account phone on you (AMEX will sms you a text code to verify the linking process).

whole process will take less than 10 minutes. Took me a bit longer since I didn't have my card on me and had to run back home to get it but Bruce was very patient and courteous with the entire process.

r u giving login card number and cvv code??r u kidding ?

tinter said:   +1 for Bruce (flight hunter).

He offered me the option to either provide him with the login credentials and he'll do everything or he'll tell me what to do and I can keep my peace of mind. I ended providing him my login as there are some steps needed to link accounts and I didn't want to screw it up and risk transferring my pts to some other person.

He even put in a request to accelerate some pending pts I had with AMEX and offered me a great rate to buy up the last 1k of my remaining pts once they get accelerated (with my permission of course)

For anyone else considering security implications, this is the info you will need to provide if you let Bruce do it for you

AMEX login
front 4 digit CVV
back 3 digit CVV
and be sure to have your account phone on you (AMEX will sms you a text code to verify the linking process).

whole process will take less than 10 minutes. Took me a bit longer since I didn't have my card on me and had to run back home to get it but Bruce was very patient and courteous with the entire process.

Unless you don't know English well, I do not recommend giving your login information away. It still only takes about 10 minutes over the phone, he will tell you exactly what to do and where to send points to. Not much risk in that process if you can follow simple directions.

Another positive, easy transaction with Bruce (flighthunter)... he gave me explicit instructions, transferred the miles myself, got payment immediately. Will do again. Thanks Bruce!

Another excellent commendation for Bruce. $1000 transaction. He provided me with clear instructions by email for the transfer. I did not have to provide my username/password. Cash was immediately placed into my PayPal account. I'll definitely be using him for future transactions with other issuers.

It's hard for any of us to do these transactions across the Net with unseen/unknown individuals. However, it should be clear from my post and others that Bruce demonstrates a consistent level of integrity............

I had a positive experience with Bruce a few days ago. If you can follow instructions, you do not need to provide your username and password. Quick cash payment to PayPal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014