• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
SUCKISSTAPLES said:   duoduo8 said:   

She already talked to her boss's boss and HR manager. She never mentioned quitting, but said things like it is difficult for her to keep up with the daily work. The answer from the higher up is to file a claim with the company's third-party insurance company on short-term disability. The problem is that short-term disability is only for 4 months, and then she needs to return to work.

If UI is only 10k in NY and we have to pay tax on that, then it may not be worth it.

Dude her boss is directly telling her to file a disability claim

I've told you to talk to a lawyer about making this short term disability a long term one (chronic fatigue syndrome , etc)

You just aren't listening

Can't that just be an easy way for her boss to get rid of her? She won't be able to file a claim while she's still showing up for work. When she's gone, the boss doesn't care whether she gets approved or not. If she's filing for disability, she's not going to be able to collect on unemployment. Going the disability route benefits the employer.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Talk to a disability lawyer and get on state disability

Pays more than unemployment and it's tax free

i.e. Get on the dole!

duoduo8 said:   SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Talk to a disability lawyer and get on state disability

Pays more than unemployment and it's tax free

She can work, just not a job that requires her following stock markets minute by minute. She does not have time to have lunch most of her days. I do not think it is a disability issue. Thanks anyways.
Kudos to you for recognizing the difference.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014