• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My Merrill Edge bonus hit tonight. And it was the wrong amount.

They gave me the regular bonus for the 90 day investment, not the higher bonus for the 180 day investment offer I signed up for.

*sigh*

I get the feeling I'm going to have to utilize a lot of BofA customer service to get all of these bonuses.

rated:
Got mine too.

rated:
Has anyone had their $25 bonus posted to their account yet? (I'm NOT talking about people who get the bonus directly into their checking accounts).

rated:
iLoveTahoe said:   Has anyone had their $25 bonus posted to their account yet? (I'm NOT talking about people who get the bonus directly into their checking accounts).

I have 3 BBR cards. 2 are enrolled to have rewards directly deposit in checking account (which they already have) and the other is suppose to be credited to my card account (which it hasn't yet.) I'm surprised since they always credit my account same day they deposit rewards in checking account.

rated:
iLoveTahoe said:   Has anyone had their $25 bonus posted to their account yet? (I'm NOT talking about people who get the bonus directly into their checking accounts).
It hasn't posted for me this quarter yet, and a c/s rep via chat said it would be posted by my cycle date, which is around the 16th.

rated:
Heads up, a poster in a different thread reported that on his last BBR statement he had charged $1.01 and on the statement date, BofA gave him a small balance credit of $1.01, leaving him with a $0 balance (and thus disqualifying for the $25 quarterly credit). Hasn't happened to me, but I'm not taking any chances; I'll be making sure my monthly purchases are $2+ until I hear otherwise. I also may try leaving a small balance on my Fido Amex (managed by FIA/BofA) to see if that gets written off.

Chris.

rated:
cpaynter said:   Heads up, a poster in a different thread reported that on his last BBR statement he had charged $1.01 and on the statement date, BofA gave him a small balance credit of $1.01, leaving him with a $0 balance (and thus disqualifying for the $25 quarterly credit). Hasn't happened to me, but I'm not taking any chances; I'll be making sure my monthly purchases are $2+ until I hear otherwise. I also may try leaving a small balance on my Fido Amex (managed by FIA/BofA) to see if that gets written off.

Chris.

I have been using single charges only in the range of $1.01 to $1.06 as the sole purchase in each billing periods since a year and always got the rewards, never a credit for amounts like 1.01.

Is this something new? Is this specific to amount of "$1.01" or even higher small amounts?

Edit: found the post in FWFhttp://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1452051/

rated:
invisible said:   
cpaynter said:   Heads up, a poster in a different thread reported that on his last BBR statement he had charged $1.01 and on the statement date, BofA gave him a small balance credit of $1.01, leaving him with a $0 balance (and thus disqualifying for the $25 quarterly credit). Hasn't happened to me, but I'm not taking any chances; I'll be making sure my monthly purchases are $2+ until I hear otherwise. I also may try leaving a small balance on my Fido Amex (managed by FIA/BofA) to see if that gets written off.

Chris.

I have been using single charges only in the range of $1.01 to $1.06 as the sole purchase in each billing periods since a year and always got the rewards, never a credit for amounts like 1.01.

Is this something new? Is this specific to amount of "$1.01" or even higher small amounts?

Edit: found the post in FWFhttp://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1452051/

Yes, if true, it would definitely be something new. I've been doing charges almost always in the $1-$1.50 range and have been fine. Maybe they decided to start weeding out the gamers. That's exactly why I never tried <$1; I figured it would be just too blatant.

Chris.

rated:
I wish this is true. There's a lot of BoA/FIA cards that I would just prepay X-1.01, and make a free buck every month! You just have to be careful with the Better Balance card. Net net is a win for us, if true.

rated:
FrozenBiker said:   
It hasn't posted for me this quarter yet, and a c/s rep via chat said it would be posted by my cycle date, which is around the 16th.

Still no bonus, and now I'm told that it will post by July 30th...

rated:
FrozenBiker said:   FrozenBiker said:   

Still no bonus, and now I'm told that it will post by July 30th...

I was gonna update the same info today. Only gotten bonus deposited with 2 cards and no statement credit on the other one yet.

rated:
I have two cards, one in my name and one as a authorized user for my mom. What I do is charge $1.00 on each card on the 15th of the month while paying $1.00 on each account on the 2nd of each month when the bill is due for the $1.00 from the previous month. Then the next bill comes out with the $1.00 paid and $1.00 charged with a new balance of $1.00 on each account. I had always received the $60 ($30 per account) in July, October, January, April and July ever since the accounts were opened in April 2014 credited to the Merrill Lynch brokerage account. My latest statement is dated July 7, 2015 and it shows the payment of $1.00 on July 3, 2015 posting date as it's always one day behind while the transaction date is June 30, 2015 as Merrill Lynch Bill Pay on July 2, 2015 always gets backdated to the last day of the previous month and then it shows the $1.00 charge made on the 15th of the month. In my case, I have a payment and a transaction so they are required to send a paper statement out. Are the people who got the credit adjustment actually getting the paper statement or electronic statement since it may have to do with saving money in postage and paper, etc if there is only a charge transaction but no payment or other credit transaction.

rated:
I have had 2 of the BBR cards for 2 years. By spending only 1.00 on the card, it probably will get shut down. I have enough experience with this stuff as an avid MSpender/bank bonus /credit card bonuses guy. Many avenues get shut down when they are abused. I spend about 15.00 /monthly on each card.

rated:
Spending $1.00 on a card won't get it shutdown. Spending $0.01 frequently will get the card shutdown.

rated:
Chat rep denied my product change to this stating it's no longer eligible to be converted to - anyone had the same experience?

rated:
Zaos said:   Chat rep denied my product change to this stating it's no longer eligible to be converted to - anyone had the same experience?
That is what I was told also about eight months ago. They want you to newly apply for this card and won't convert you to this card for some unknown reason.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
Zaos said:   Chat rep denied my product change to this stating it's no longer eligible to be converted to - anyone had the same experience?
That is what I was told also about eight months ago. They want you to newly apply for this card and won't convert you to this card for some unknown reason.

Definitely YMMV, as I've converted two different cards into Better Balance Rewards Cards in the last 8 months.

rated:
when could u convert cash rewards to better balance most recently? spouse & I denied since late may 2015

rated:
MrVietnam said:   

I can think of the reason: They realized that folks were converting old cards that had become otherwise useless to the customer (remember the short-lived 10% CashBack MBNA card?) and probably saw a lot of minimal usage.

rated:
zjts said:   when could u convert cash rewards to better balance most recently? spouse & I denied since late may 2015
My most recently converted card was in March.

rated:
I had 1 personal and 1 biz alaska boa card that I needed to close. Today I called and they quickly and easily converted the personal to bbrc (my 1st), but the biz line said no can do so I just closed it.

rated:
Finally got my $25 statement credit posted to my account dated yesterday. They took much longer than usual to post it this time.

rated:
Yup - reward is processing today at last..

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015