• filter:
  • 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I have an eChecking acount. Are all eChecking accounts being converted to Core checking accounts? I have received no notification of this.

rated:
I got a notice about my eChecking account several months ago.  I don't know whether they are closing all of them.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   I have an eChecking acount. Are all eChecking accounts being converted to Core checking accounts? I have received no notification of this.
  I have "eBanking" account type showing where clicking on fee schedules now gets to https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/resources/personal-schedu... which has no mention of such account any more.

Says effective date Nov 7, 2014 in the link

So far fees were avoided by doing auto transfer from checking to saving and back to same once a month.

Not sure if my account is grandfathered in some way as I sure missed the notice of change if any.

rated:
invisible said:   
MrVietnam said:   I have an eChecking acount. Are all eChecking accounts being converted to Core checking accounts? I have received no notification of this.
  I have "eBanking" account type showing where clicking on fee schedules now gets to https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/resources/personal-schedule-fees.go?request_locale=en-us which has no mention of such account any more.

So far fees were avoided by doing auto transfer from checking to saving and back to same once a month.

Not sure if my account is grandfathered in some way as I sure missed the notice of change if any.

I opened my eBanking account years ago and under the terms of the offer at the time there were no charges at all as long as i didn't use a teller in the branch and no need to do an auto transfer from checking to savings and back once a month. I have not been charged a maintenance fee yet, but if I do I will definitely be closing that account because I use it next to never. The only good thing I will miss is getting the extra $5 each quarter for depositing the Better Balance reward into a B of A account, When I go online though my account still reads eBanking so it looks like it has not been changed over (yet) and like I said I don't remember at least receiving any notification of a change in the fee.

rated:
Some interesting posts here, conversations with BOA since last year but lately only complaints: (warning: FB link)
https://www.facebook.com/BankofAmerica/posts/569990396388534

My ebanking account continues to show that type online as of now, unsure if billing cycle dependent or rollout is in phases for different regions

Edit: this dated document on BOA site could help someone fight the charge on account change:
http://message.bankofamerica.com/CheckingClarity/Documents/eBank...

rated:
If the effective date was indeed November 7th the conversion didn't happen for me. My eBanking statement date is the 11th of each month and November 11th came and went and I was charged no monthly checking fee and my account still reads eBanking, so go figure. Maybe as invisible said they are spacing the rollout depending on region or something else.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
invisible said:   
  I have "eBanking" account type showing where clicking on fee schedules now gets to https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/resources/personal-schedule-fees.go?request_locale=en-us which has no mention of such account any more.

I opened my eBanking account years ago and under the terms of the offer at the time there were no charges at all as long as i didn't use a teller in the branch and no need to do an auto transfer from checking to savings and back once a month. I have not been charged a maintenance fee yet, but if I do I will definitely be closing that account because I use it next to never. The only good thing I will miss is getting the extra $5 each quarter for depositing the Better Balance reward into a B of A account, When I go online though my account still reads eBanking so it looks like it has not been changed over (yet) and like I said I don't remember at least receiving any notification of a change in the fee.

+1 same

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014