• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
myndreamland said:   avalon6 said:   My 40k TY points just posted. I opened an account back in late March.

When did you finish the requirements? Were you able to do any DD or bill pay in March?

I finished the requirements in May. Just did 1 DD and 1 bill pay for April and May. Pretty easy to get the bonus and you also get 900 TY points each month for having a Citi Gold + doing 1 DD/bill pay.

avalon6 said:   myndreamland said:   avalon6 said:   My 40k TY points just posted. I opened an account back in late March.

When did you finish the requirements? Were you able to do any DD or bill pay in March?

I finished the requirements in May. Just did 1 DD and 1 bill pay for April and May. Pretty easy to get the bonus and you also get 900 TY points each month for having a Citi Gold + doing 1 DD/bill pay.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm getting 1,300/mo. with the monthly fee waived for like 3 months.

Has anyone planned on downgrading/closing your account afterward?

Anyone try AP or Paypal to meet requirements? How'd it work?

myndreamland said:   avalon6 said:   myndreamland said:   avalon6 said:   My 40k TY points just posted. I opened an account back in late March.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm getting 1,300/mo. with the monthly fee waived for like 3 months.

Has anyone planned on downgrading/closing your account afterward?

You have 60 days to use your TY points after you close your checking account, so you can close it before the fee hits once you get the bonus points.

misterspaghetti said:   Anyone try AP or Paypal to meet requirements? How'd it work?

I did a $50 Paypal transfer. It shows up as:
ACH Electronic Credit Aug 00 00:00 PAYPAL TRANSFER

That doesn't look like a Direct Deposit to me. Apparently if we successfully do a direct deposit and bill payment we should receive 425 points after our first month. So we'll find out soon.

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=TYEarni...

Do Citigold accounts follow the first column or the last column for the extra points in the chart?

HoMeZ said:   https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=TYEarningsChart

Do Citigold accounts follow the first column or the last column for the extra points in the chart?

Depend on what you do.

Sorry double post

myndreamland said:   
HoMeZ said:   https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=TYEarningsChart

Depend on what you do.

What do you mean?

HoMeZ said:   
myndreamland said:   

Depend on what you do.

What do you mean?

If you have DD and bill pay, the first applies. If you don't do DD and bill pay but use your card, the second applies.

myndreamland said:   
HoMeZ said:   
myndreamland said:   

Depend on what you do.

What do you mean?

If you have DD and bill pay, the first applies. If you don't do DD and bill pay but use your card, the second applies.

Thanks!

Anyone else have their points posted? I opened mine late April, finished requirements in May and June but haven't seen anything posted on this statement cut date yet. Guess I'd have to wait the full 90 days. The weird thing is the points already posted on my SO's account.

If you want to cash out the 40,000 TYP by getting a mortgage check, does the mortgage has to be in your name? I don't have a mortgage, but I have family who does. I would like to get a check for $400 towards their mortgage. Is this possible? What info does Citi writes in that check?

noelandres said:   If you want to cash out the 40,000 TYP by getting a mortgage check, does the mortgage has to be in your name? I don't have a mortgage, but I have family who does. I would like to get a check for $400 towards their mortgage. Is this possible? What info does Citi writes in that check?
I did this last year for my mortgage, if I remember correctly the check was made out to the mortgage company so it should work for your situation but I'm not 100% sure.

any idea if this is back guys?

2014 any new promotions?

I still haven't gotten my remaining bonus points from the last one...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014