• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm in Minnesota, and need to switch my business checking account with a local bank to another bank that is more technologically advanced and has fewer fees.

Anyone have a small business checking account with an online bank that they recommend? I'm looking for one with minimal fees, remote online check deposit, good online bill pay service that gets to recipients quickly, quick ACH pushes and pulls, and a really good online acct. mgmt system. If they pay interest, that's a bonus, but not required.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Out of curiosity - is WF not good enough? They don't have many fees if your combined accounts balance is high enough. Not sure about remote online check depositing but they have ATMs all over the place in MN. I've been using their bill pay and ACH transfers but I don't know how its speed compares to other banks. I have both personal and business checking with them although I haven't been utilizing business account too much yet.

Wells Fargo may work, but I was thinking that they likely have higher fees and no interest compared to Internet banks.

I'm not aware of any 'internet banks' that have functions your talking about for business accounts. I'll be interested to find out if anyone has any suggestions though.

There are quite a few that have these features for personal accounts, but they don't allow them for business accounts

I know that TCF Bank doesn't have remote deposit or ACH, but they have zero fees on a small business account as well as free bill pay. I currently use them and have not had any issues.

If lower fees (none) are more important to you than technology, they you may want to check it out.

Unfortunately TCF doesn't have remote deposit from a camera photo of the check or scan of the check. I really need that feature.

Question, any particular reason you wouldn't just use someone like Schwab and use it as a business account?

isobro said:   Question, any particular reason you wouldn't just use someone like Schwab and use it as a business account?

Maybe he actually has a business?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014