Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

New?? Amex MR Terms and Conditions

First page
1 of 2
07pilot4me
3/19/13 7:48 PM
just got this email, honestly have not read previous version but decided to read this version. some of the items seem to be pointed toward certain activities, like i said dont know if these items are new.

link

1) looks like i have to pay $40 now to be enrolled if i have a gold card

can others chime in and mention what is "new" in this disclosure
WikiPost
3/19/13 7:49 PM
MisterEd
3/19/13 8:00 PM
Have you recently sold or transferred point to someone or another program to sell them? I just got that email and just transferred a load of bonus points on 2 accounts. Was wondering if it was connected.
07pilot4me
3/19/13 8:01 PM
nope, i think this is their new "normal". no funny activities from me.
lokimoki
3/19/13 10:18 PM
07pilot4me said:   

just got this email, honestly have not read previous version but decided to read this version. some of the items seem to be pointed toward certain activities, like i said dont know if these items are new.

link

Looks like "AMEX gold card" and "Premier rewards gold card" don't carry the $40 fee.
07pilot4me
3/19/13 10:25 PM
I have a biz gold card, to clarify. this did not have a fee before.

lokimoki said:   

07pilot4me said:   

link

Looks like "AMEX gold card" and "Premier rewards gold card" don't carry the $40 fee.

imbatman
3/20/13 7:06 AM
07pilot4me said:   

I have a biz gold card, to clarify. this did not have a fee before.

lokimoki said:   

07pilot4me said:   

link

Do you have the business gold card? the one with a $125 annual fee http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Gold-Ca...

or the Business Gold Rewards Card? the one with a $175 annual fee http://www262.americanexpress.com/business-credit-cards/business...
Most people I know have the Business Gold Rewards Card, which does not have the fee to participate in the MR program.
07pilot4me
3/20/13 7:27 AM
I have the one with a 125 fee, the reason this disclosure got my attention is I never had to pay an annual fee to join the mr program and now it seems I have to.
cestmoi123
3/20/13 8:10 AM
I think the change here is for corporate cards (i.e paid directly by employer). People with corporate green cards have long had to pay a fee, I think they're extending that to corporate gold cards as well.
DaGimp
3/20/13 9:46 AM
Doesn't matter that much since most spinners will be canceling the card in 6 months and wait for the next offer.
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.