• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received an AMEX Blue offer in the mail yesterday for a $250 "Reward Dollars" after $1000 spend in 3 months. I just opened a AMEX MR card (50K pts for $1k spend) about 4 weeks ago so it seems funny that I am getting another offer from AMEX.

Wanted to share this offer and then wanted to know if it was okay to open the Blue card and do that credit as well. I didn't look at the fine print on the mailed offer b/c I was busy watching college basketball yesterday

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this an automatic reward or did they require you to do something?

My parents have been getting these offers for several months, if not longer. Targeted. YMMV.

trekwars2000 said:   Received an AMEX Blue offer in the mail yesterday for a $250 "Reward Dollars" after $1000 spend in 3 months. I just opened a AMEX MR card (50K pts for $1k spend) about 4 weeks ago so it seems funny that I am getting another offer from AMEX.

Wanted to share this offer and then wanted to know if it was okay to open the Blue card and do that credit as well. I didn't look at the fine print on the mailed offer b/c I was busy watching college basketball yesterday

The Gold card is a charge card, and the Blue card is a credit card, you are eligible for both bonuses. I opened up a Blue Everyday a couple of weeks ago, $150 for $500 spending.

yes this is targeted. got this a loooong time ago.

Did you have to opt in after you received the notice or was it automatically applied?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014