• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

you should clarify that this is for the Chase Airtran card. This deal is for 32 A+ credits.

IMO, the effort should be spent on 2 Southwest cards since that will get you most of the way to a companion pass. They are all Chase cards.

You need 100 A+ credits for companion pass. or 100 SW rapid rewards points.

But if you've maxed out your SW cards and want more points. This is an option.

$69 annual fee - even for the first year.

It's a separate card type that might be going away soon as Airtran gets integrated fully into Southwest. And this is a way to get RR 2.0 style award tickets, although they are harder to use than in the past. But unlike the 50k points, this bonus truly offers 2 r/t's.

Not sure what you mean about SW not offering real r/t tickets. Could you clarify?

Also, someone suggested having two SW cards. Is this possible, then charge $2k on each one? Will they let you open an account under J. K. Smith, and one as Jack Smith?

The current Rapid Rewards cards are advertised as offering two roundtrip flights, but really offer 50,000 points. The points are worth around $830 if spent on Wanna Get Away fares, and less if spent on Biz Select or Anytime fares, so how many flights you get out of the 50k points will be based on how you spend them.

There are multiple card types, ie. regular and Premier, and also business and personal. That is what they are referring to when they say to get more than one account.

It also makes sense instead of the Southwest card for now if you currently don't have a Companion to Pass.

Anything precluding me from getting the bonus if I already have the SW card? I don't see anything, but I know Chase has some restrictions sometime about eligibility.

no, different card, you're fine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014