CNBC: Bitcoin Bonanza

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
TechTrooper said:   kamalktk said:   TechTrooper said:   >>>
Or Bitcoin could potentially follow the trend of the current year, while the dollar won't, at least not in the same direction...

"Did you know that disco record sales were up 400% for the year ending 1976? If these trends continues... AAY!"

I don't know about Disco records, but I do know that in 1976 gold was averaging about 150 USD?

Silver was about 5 USD.

Platinum was about 150 USD.

You know today's USD prices for those. However, you don't know any better than I, whether Bitcoin will trend in value like things it was designed to simulate, or like obsolete recording media for some antiquated dance.

Your argument boils down to "Well, it could crash to nothing, but it could also track the value of a commodity with 2500 years of trading history, we just don't know!"??

Sign me up! Those gold bars were getting heavy.

BobM73 said:   
Your argument boils down to "Well, it could crash to nothing, but it could also track the value of a commodity with 2500 years of trading history, we just don't know!"??

Sign me up! Those gold bars were getting heavy.

My argument in this case was no worse than comparing Bitcoin to Disco records.

Your arguments here from the beginning have boiled down to sarcastic ridicule. I am glad I ignored those of you who were making them when I first discovered Bitcoin 2 years ago, because you really didn't know what would happen with Bitcoin, and no one knows that still.
Whether I measure it in USD, PM, or Bitcoins, ignoring your boiler-plate "arguments" and shortsightedness turned out to be very lucrative for me, no matter what happens to Bitcoin now.

Info Tech brought a lot of companies and services that seemed of little value when they first appeared, and subsequently made those who weren't too busy ridiculing them a lot of money.

Ah, a return to the Iraqi Dinar era flame wars.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014