• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I know it's usually not a problem paying the IRS by credit card when you want it to go through as a charge and not a cash advance. I've been successful in the past with a Chase credit card, for example.

But I've never paid the IRS with my Barclays Priceline Visa card. Has anyone done this, and if so how did Barclays treat the charge?

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If the payment you want to make is larger than your cash advance limit, you don't have to worry about it being charged as a cash advance because it won't go through.

I use my Priceline card to make estimated tax payments, not treated as a cash advance but you do have to pay the 1.88-1.89% fee.

Guys, thank you so much. Just now getting back to this. I am grateful for both of your replies, which are helpful.

Yes, calling to reduce my cash advance limit was going to be my default if nobody answered this. I just received a CLI so calling again so soon was something I want to avoid if possible.

And, yes, I'm aware of the fee which nearly wipes out my 2% reward. Plan is to harvest the small residual reward anyway, then do a BT over to another CC at 0%. BT is free, BTW. This should make "tax day" painless, at least for a while, until I have to pay off the 0% card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014