• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
I don't have a data plan. You just use it when you can get free internet, which is what you can afford currently.

Also, I'd look into selling your car and getting a cheaper one as others have pointed out.

Finally, you mentioned 2011 taxes, how about 2012 taxes. Did you get a refund on those, if so maybe you need to adjust your w4 to increase your take home pay.

cp102 said:   When people cut entertainment expenses to zero, they end up working and working and end up burned out. You can do it for a short term but long terms goals that are sustainable is what we want. If he doesn't spend it great put it in savings, but I would still allot this money. It also gives hm some wiggle room if he needs something , he is young you can't expect him to never want to go out, just do it frugally.

I was in debt along time ago, and I used practical, methods to get out, we didn't really use the entertainment budgeted money very often for entertainment, but there was always something breaking, etc. It was nice to have a bit of money that we could use and not use a credit card. Just my opinion.
Cutting entertainment expenses to zero does not mean cutting entertainment; it means finding free entertainment. You can hang out with friends and drink beer without going to a bar/nightclub. You can go to free concerts. You can go to free sporting events. You can go to free museums. Etc, etc.

P.S. A fund for wiggle room and items that break is called an emergency fund, not an entertainment budget.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   cp102 said:   When people cut entertainment expenses to zero, they end up working and working and end up burned out. You can do it for a short term but long terms goals that are sustainable is what we want. If he doesn't spend it great put it in savings, but I would still allot this money. It also gives hm some wiggle room if he needs something , he is young you can't expect him to never want to go out, just do it frugally.

I was in debt along time ago, and I used practical, methods to get out, we didn't really use the entertainment budgeted money very often for entertainment, but there was always something breaking, etc. It was nice to have a bit of money that we could use and not use a credit card. Just my opinion.
Cutting entertainment expenses to zero does not mean cutting entertainment; it means finding free entertainment. You can hang out with friends and drink beer without going to a bar/nightclub. You can go to free concerts. You can go to free sporting events. You can go to free museums. Etc, etc.

P.S. A fund for wiggle room and items that break is called an emergency fund, not an entertainment budget.

so true. With all the credit cards I have signed up for I've never had to pay for renting a movie from red box as I can use the free promo codes on each of my cards.

On an old, old thread - maybe this one- someone suggested paying off the smallest balance card in order to trigger potential BT offers ... possible option, as long as your credit is not already in the shi**er. OP, consider clicking that old thread and reading it; IBJanky was in way worse shape and he had success. Good luck!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014