• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I used to come here for real Financial advice, but now I just come for the lulz

I played this game in the days of the dot com boom in the SF Bay Area. Most shareholder meetings didn't even check if you owned one share of stock. If you could play the role of a starving grad student convincingly, they'd box things up for you to take home afterward.

One shouldn't limit one's sources of free grub to just shareholder meetings. There are product launches, campus information sessions, etc.

You'd be better off buying a good suit and heading over to your local hotel convention complex.

aadam101 said:   Quikboy4 said:   My gym has free pizza at dinnertime on the first Monday of every month. $10/month for membership. If you really stock up, and pile the slices high, you should be able to come out ahead with very little effort. They also have free bagels on the first Tuesday morning of each month. PM me for details.

Any gym that offeres free pizza is clearly confused about what kind of business they want to be.

My gym in New Orleans has a bar in it. And not a smoothie bar, a "Give me a beer and a shot of Jameson!" bar.

TravelerMSY said:   aadam101 said:   Quikboy4 said:   My gym has free pizza at dinnertime on the first Monday of every month. $10/month for membership. If you really stock up, and pile the slices high, you should be able to come out ahead with very little effort. They also have free bagels on the first Tuesday morning of each month. PM me for details.

Any gym that offeres free pizza is clearly confused about what kind of business they want to be.

My gym in New Orleans has a bar in it. And not a smoothie bar, a "Give me a beer and a shot of Jameson!" bar.

My kinda place, and the exercise class is to Stops' second line, lol - Laissez les bons temps rouler

It used to be a private club for men back in the day. Dates back to the 1920's. Now it's just a regular gym, but the bar lives on.

OliverQuackenbush said:   
and to the pizza dude, i already have an angle to get low price pizza, you have it delivered to a house near you where they aren't home. you hang out outside and pretend to "notice" that the pizza guy was not able to deliver his pizza. if you pretend to feel bad for him and ask if hes just going to have to throw the pizza away, they will usually let it go for a few bucks. better than nothing for them, and you get a discount. its a win-win

I really, really hope that you are trolling on this. A *lot* of pizza places make the drivers pay for missed deliveries, not to mention that they are out the gas money and the lack of a tip for that order. It's more like a theft-scam than a win-win.

Move to Las Vegas and become a Convention Crasher. Check the internet for free passes to the various conventions that come each year and sign up.

I just got back from NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) and they had pop up happy hours throughout the four days of the event, food and drinks included. There must have been at least 20 of them. Plus several of the clubs had free admission and free drinks and food for attendees with your convention badge.

For example, the AJA party at the Marquee in the Cosmopolitan was open bar from 9pm till midnight with free sliders, chicken on a stick, tacos and other finger foods. All free if you become a convention crasher! I can't remember how many Makers Mark on the rocks I had during those three hours!

You get the perfect schedule set up and you can eat drink and party for the rest of your life, all for free.

Far more exciting and risk free!

PS: As an added bonus, you can get plenty of free t-shirts too.

depalma13 said:   Move to Las Vegas and become a Convention Crasher. Check the internet for free passes to the various conventions that come each year and sign up.

I just got back from NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) and they had pop up happy hours throughout the four days of the event, food and drinks included. There must have been at least 20 of them. Plus several of the clubs had free admission and free drinks and food for attendees with your convention badge.

For example, the AJA party at the Marquee in the Cosmopolitan was open bar from 9pm till midnight with free sliders, chicken on a stick, tacos and other finger foods. All free if you become a convention crasher! I can't remember how many Makers Mark on the rocks I had during those three hours!

You get the perfect schedule set up and you can eat drink and party for the rest of your life, all for free.

Far more exciting and risk free!

PS: As an added bonus, you can get plenty of free t-shirts too.

Finally! My retirement is set. Food and clothes. Love Las Vegas, free entertainment too.

x

This is just sad.

My backup plan was always to troll the halls of various Las Vegas hotels and just eat room service leftovers off the trays in the hall. A few french fries here... Half a sandwich there. All the tiny Tabasco bottles you can carry...

mickcris said:   OliverQuackenbush said:   
and to the pizza dude, i already have an angle to get low price pizza, you have it delivered to a house near you where they aren't home. you hang out outside and pretend to "notice" that the pizza guy was not able to deliver his pizza. if you pretend to feel bad for him and ask if hes just going to have to throw the pizza away, they will usually let it go for a few bucks. better than nothing for them, and you get a discount. its a win-win

How would this possibly work? I would think the pizza guy would have to pay for it out of his pocket if he would come back without the pizza. It also seems like a pretty ridiculous way to save a few bucks on pizza.

Yeah, I call liar liar pants on fire.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014