Mexico real estate

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Mexican government has spurred that growth with a number of new rules that make it easier for Americans to acquire real estate. But Mexico real estate agents have developed strategies for giving Americans the equivalent of ownership, even if they cannot hold formal title to their houses.

Member Summary

I suggest you educate yourself about the unique culture. Lacucuracha

Can't help myself...

amandadillon said:   The Mexican government has spurred that growth with a number of new rules that make it easier for Americans to acquire real estate.

The use of the word 'that' clearly indicates the fact that this sentence has been preceded by another, giving this term properties of modification for an unknown noun. And whether in this case the word is used as a relative pronoun in a non-restricted clause or not (see guide - Resource), the fact remains that we as readers are missing the context for the introduction.

amandadillon said:   But Mexico real estate agents have developed strategies for giving Americans the equivalent of ownership, even if they cannot hold formal title to their houses.

After this sentence the reader is beginning to either question your ethos as a writer or his/her ability to process information as a reader. Beginning a sentence with a conjugation is controversial enough, not to mention the fact that this conjugation has no apparent conflicting idea to contrast. Now the reader is terrified with the awareness that he/she (let's call the proverbial reader Timmy from now on to establish gender) not only does not possess the context for the introduction, but now he realizes that he does not even understand how the growth in new rules to help Americans is contrasting the apparently helpful real estate agents. Questions like 'What kind of world is this? Is it safe to go outside? Is this really air I am breathing?' start to arise in Timmy's mind, spurring on an early onset of paranoia. All because someone copy and pasted an excerpt from a poorly worded article or used babelfish without double checking...

Edit: bolded

Can we buy a large swath of land and then, as 100% of the electorate, have that area absorbed into the US?

robby152 said:   Can't help myself...

amandadillon said:   The Mexican government has spurred that growth with a number of new rules that make it easier for Americans to acquire real estate.

The use of the word 'that' clearly indicates the fact that this sentence has been preceded by another, giving this term properties of modification for an unknown noun. And whether in this case the word is used as a relative pronoun in a non-restricted clause or not (see guide - Resource), the fact remains that we as readers are missing the context for the introduction.

amandadillon said:   But Mexico real estate agents have developed strategies for giving Americans the equivalent of ownership, even if they cannot hold formal title to their houses.

After this sentence the reader is beginning to either question your ethos as a writer or his/her ability to process information as a reader. Beginning a sentence with a conjugation is controversial enough, not to mention the fact that this conjugation has no apparent conflicting idea to contrast. Now the reader is terrified with the awareness that he/she (let's call the proverbial reader Timmy from now on to establish gender) not only does not possess the context for the introduction, but now he realizes that he does not even understand how the growth in new rules to help Americans is contrasting the apparently helpful real estate agents. Questions like 'What kind of world is this? Is it safe to go outside? Is this really air I am breathing?' start to arise in Timmy's mind, spurring on an early onset of paranoia. All because someone copy and pasted an excerpt from a poorly worded article or used babelfish without double checking...

Edit: bolded





Good work ... I found the article. NYT PDF

Suzshops

I suspect this alt is related to suzshops

The word "ethos" is used incorrectly. Ethos is a Greek word meaning "character" that is used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterize a community, nation, or ideology. Also "All because someone copy and pasted" is not proper usage of the past tense of the verb "to copy."

Ethos is also used as a term to describe the credibility of the speaker or author (as ancient rhetoricians viewed the ethos, pathos and logos as the three essential building blocks of a good argument).
http://courses.durhamtech.edu/perkins/aris.html
http://sixminutes.dlugan.com/ethos-pathos-logos/



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014