Selling Burial Plots

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Seriously, best option is to offer up a high commission to someone who either already sells these things or is usually in the process like funeral homes. A funeral director already has the experience of people not really batting an eye when outrageous numbers get thrown around because of the emotions running at the time. They are probably your best bet to get these things offloaded at high prices.

I'd check the adjacent plots and see if any relatives are interested in buying them from you.

Post a physical piece of paper flyer in various old folk's homes and put an ad in the paper.

Sales 101...know your target audience. Old people. Do you think old people read craigslist? Do you think young people care about dropping $5k for something they won't use for 50+ years?

Al3xK said:   Post a physical piece of paper flyer in various old folk's homes and put an ad in the paper.

Sales 101...know your target audience. Old people. Do you think old people read craigslist? Do you think young people care about dropping $5k for something they won't use for 50+ years?

Probably put those little tear off things on the bottom. Maybe place them at senior centers as well.

Al3xK said:   Post a physical piece of paper flyer in various old folk's homes and put an ad in the paper.

This is exactly what I wrote above, yesterday.

I guess my sentences are too long for the twitter era. (Which is fine with me!)

Bob Hope was asked what he wanted written on his grave stone. He replied, "surprise me."

NantucketSunrise said:   Al3xK said:   Post a physical piece of paper flyer in various old folk's homes and put an ad in the paper.

This is exactly what I wrote above, yesterday.

I guess my sentences are too long for the twitter era. (Which is fine with me!)

Lol it's true. If I'm joining a long thread late, I sort of count on the rest of FW to 'green' posts needing a read. Sometimes short & sweet gets the point across better.

You might try listing it on the local Pennysaver classifieds. I believe it is free if the listing is just a few lines.

http://www.pennysaverusa.com/classifieds/usa/index.html

My parents sold a couple plots in New York state a few years back. Really got taken for a ride...the cemetery basically required sales to go through itself. These are certainly not investments, not until someone starts a robust secondary market for grave sites.

Gonna die soon?

Get a great deal on a hole in the ground!

Act now! They are selling fast!

Call the number below. Operators are standing by!

adamc said:   Al3xK said:   Post a physical piece of paper flyer in various old folk's homes and put an ad in the paper.

Gonna die soon?

Get a great deal on a hole in the ground!

Act now! They are selling fast!

Call the number below. Operators are standing by!

Don't be caught Dead without one!!!

I'm in the same mess. Trying to sell these plots has been a nightmare. They are in both my name and my ex's name. He is in NH and I am in MA. The plots have a clause where if my children died before age eighteen their would be four plots instead of two. If he dies first and his new wife wants him buried in her family plot then I am the survivor and I get both plots. It is the same if I die first and my family buries me in my family plot then he gets both. Working with the cemetery is also fun. First the original papers have to be found, plots ordered twenty years ago before the cemetery was finished. The cemetery will buy back at the original cost. They were a lot cheaper 20 years ago! Try selling in paper. Read the want ads at least 10 to 20 people selling each day. My ex will sign anything he just wants half. The buyer, my ex and I have to sign the papers at the same time at the cemetery. Five years still looking for a buyer. I am giving them to my kids.

dshibb said:   Seriously, best option is to offer up a high commission to someone who either already sells these things or is usually in the process like funeral homes. A funeral director already has the experience of people not really batting an eye when outrageous numbers get thrown around because of the emotions running at the time. They are probably your best bet to get these things offloaded at high prices.[/

Thanks for the idea about talking to a funeral director. He may not buy them but might know how to sell the plots.

TRADE? This should become a thread about creative things to trade these for.

Crematory services, coffins, get your own funeral paid for (hopefully far, far) in advance, etc..

+1 for selling them together: like sports tickets, side-by-side increases value.

any one tel me which is the best seller in pinole for burial pots which affordable prices?

build a mini house on the 4 plots if they are next to each other

johnfkennedy said:   build a mini house on the 4 plots if they are next to each other

What about utilities? You could get solar panels for power, but what about plumbing? It might be kind of creepy going to the outhouse late at night surrounded by all those ghosts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014