• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Nationwide decided to not renew our business insurance policy and I've gotta quotes from agents that work at the Nationwide branch where we first got our insurance (10 years ago) and also an allstate agency. Both quotes are over double what we have been paying before, which is absurd. I cant seem to get quotes online from any of the major insurers, or is there a trustworthy site that can give me multiple quotes online or something? Or do I just have to go to more agencys until I get an acceptable quote? I have 10 days to get a new policy as the nationwide policy expires on the 28th. The nationwide agent was taking her sweet time, can you imagine it took her over 2 weeks to get this quote to me. Calling me each day with one or two silly questions and finally I got the crazy quote yesterday. That was just crazy, the allstate agent had a complete quote the next day!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I never found a great comparison site, but used a couple that had people calling me like crazy once they got my info. I can't remember what it was. I ended up using Hiscox. They have been fine so far, but then again I have not had a claim yet, so who knows how good they really are. They are prompt with quotes though.

Probably best to find a broker who can go out for bids with multiple companies.

Also used Hiscox. I'll never use the policy but am required to have it by a client. Cheap.

Phly

What risks are you insuring against?

www.edinsurance.biz is a great website for small business insurance. It's an independent insurance agency that is far more simpler than Hiscox.

Not sure what line of business you're in, but I used techinsurance.com with good success. They broker multiple large underwriters. I believe they also have some sister companies that broker non tech insurance.

Nationwide and Allstate are not prime business markets. I would suggest finding a local independent agency that represents a few of the national companies such as Traveler, Hartford, Philly, etc plus your local strong regionals.

Real time online rating for business owners policies is quite rare. It's not as clear cut as a HO or Auto policy. Business classes, exposures, etc.

What type of business do you have and what was the reason for the non-renewal of your policy? It sounds like you are in an unattractive class of business thus the non-renewal. Nationwide likely wanted to get rid of you specifically or more generally they wanted to get rid of the class of business in which you fall. Sounds like they were unprofitable in that line of business and part of that problem was being under priced.

We went through Bolt and it was a pretty painless process.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014