• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Opened a Serve card account a while back that came with the $10 bonus and put it away. I was planning to use it for my kids when they went to the movies with friends, etc. but just havent...

I received a blue colored serve card in the mail this week with the same number as the old one-- the prior card was white. I don't really follow the Serve threads very much, but I know other's got the blue cards a while back.

There were two inserts with the new card: one touting the new Membership Benefits program, and the other said "We miss you. Get $25 Back When You Add $25 by May 31, 2013". This is definitely targeted, as it says it's only valid for solicited Serve customers.

If you receive a new Serve card in the mail, look for the second insert. My $25 bonus posted immediately upon funding $25 this morning. I usually just toss all of the inserts the come with cards/bills into the recycling bin, but I am glad that this one caught my eye.

Again, highly targeted so please don't RED me if you didn't get this. But I figure there are many of us who got the initial Serve bonus and may not be using the card, especially since it's no longer a good way to consolidate rebate debit cards any more.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Okay... I'm off to paint a target on my mailbox now... Thanks OP!

Your experience is documented in other Serve thread (white -> blue & $25 bonus).

Who cares if you get red? If you care, don't say anything at all especially on this FWF. This red or green rating is not based on "good" or "bad" information.

Just so that you learn a lesson, I red you. Yes, I'm an a-hole.

Thanks for letting us know!

I got this last year towards end of year, same offer. Got the $25 pretty quickly and then it was closed for BB. Enjoy.

Got it as well. The $25 bonus posted immediately after i put $25 on the card. Just refresh your page and it should show up.

vagrants said:   ............... Yes, I'm an a-hole.

Why didn't u come to the point right away and shut up instead of wasting all this energy?

desidealmaster said:   vagrants said:   ............... Yes, I'm an a-hole.

Why didn't u come to the point right away and shut up instead of wasting all this energy?

Does it matter? The information of this thread has been reported long ago. Usually a thread like this gets reds since the info is already posted. This is why I'm keep saying "red" and "green" have no meaning what-so-ever. It's just a popularity contest except in hot deals. I mean the OP knew he/she would get red and asked for mercy. But since I said something, the thread got green boost (yes, I have many enemies here since most lurkers here are spoon-feed me type people). It's my energy to waste (just killing time actually). Why are you wasting your energy saying words that got so many "reds"? Apparently, the information I gave is not accurate, so just ignore.

But, thank you so much for those greeners illustrating my point exactly.

will all server card holders get this?

Transaction declined and fraud alert while trying to fund even with an AMEX card...

schop said:   Transaction declined and fraud alert while trying to fund even with an AMEX card...

"even" ?? wasn't AMEX not allowed due to its serve ownership ?

I didn't (yet) receive the offer ... hope that comes

AugustFour said:   will all server card holders get this?

No, targeted.

invisible said:   schop said:   Transaction declined and fraud alert while trying to fund even with an AMEX card...

"even" ?? wasn't AMEX not allowed due to its serve ownership ?

I didn't (yet) receive the offer ... hope that comes

If you add bunch of cards, drain, remove, change checking account often, etc. They lock you out. Check the other Srv threads.

I thought you can use it. You just won't get cashbacks/points because of the PrePaid clause starting today.

@vagrants : No, I emailed them and they said no more pre-paids -- maybe that is already a part of new terms? I do not keep track but serve is dead as far as I am concerned unless the above offer comes to me

invisible said:   @vagrants : No, I emailed them and they said no more pre-paids -- maybe that is already a part of new terms? I do not keep track but serve is dead as far as I am concerned unless the above offer comes to me

Well, not earning cashbacks/points purchasing PrePaids is one thing, but they won't let you "purchase" at all...that sucks for people who were thinking of that using AMEX CCs (be on a float or something). Thanks for the info.

It'll come in handy once May 21 comes if you know how to work your way around. It's getting closer to BB.

Anyway, are you guys happy valuable information like this is now scattered around threads to threads? And, tell other people to do your homework or use the search or whatever?

I also got this. I had opened an account last year and foolishly did so without getting any bonus for doing so, so I never activated the card (my original plan was to use it to empty out rebate cards, but then I found Amazon Payments). Was surprised when I got a new card in the mail today but was very pleased to find the $25 bonus inside, which I'd felt cheated out of last time (even though I obviously should have looked for a promo). I was able to use a Symantec rebate card to fund the account, and the $25 bonus showed up within a minute.

I got a new Serve card in the mail today and didn't think anything of it (and threw out the inserts without reading them). After seeing this thread, I checked the inserts and found out I received the we miss you insert. Thank you for posting this! $25 in free money headed my way...

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Double my $25 with a free $25 is always good.

My son got one, but his was add $50 to the card, get $25

Not a great deal but might be worth it for some: $50 for two direct deposits of $250:

Now is a great time to enroll in Direct Deposit!

We'll give you a $50 account credit after your second Direct Deposit of $250 or more to your American Express® Serve Account, when received by September 30, 2013.1 With Direct Deposit and your Serve® Card, enjoy fast and easy access to your pay.

1To receive the $50 credit from Serve, you must: (i) activate your Serve Card, (ii) successfully enroll in Direct Deposit that your employer participates in and (iii) receive a minimum of two qualifying Direct Deposit transfers of $250 or more to your Serve Account, the second of which must post on or before September 30 2013. A qualifying Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer into your Serve Account. Transfers and loads from any other funding source (including P2P, credit or debit card, cash, bank account) do not qualify as load transactions to receive a credit. Funds transferred via Direct Deposit generally post on the day Serve receives the transfer from your employer. However, in some instances it may take several days for Serve to receive your employer's transfer, so please allow sufficient time for that process to occur. Statement credit will be posted to your Serve Account within thirty (30) days of your satisfying the above requirements. Limit one (1) $50 credit per Serve Account. Subaccount holders are not eligible to earn a credit. Offer subject to change or cancellation at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer(s).

** deleted **. Incorrect info.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014