• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi Everyone,

I filed my taxes(e-filing) for the year 2012 with the help of a tax professional. I checked the status on IRS after 20 days and it shows the refund is approved and sent to bank. When i called my bank they said "We did received the amount but sent back to IRS because the routing number was for wired and not for electronic transfer".

I tried reaching my tax prepare to submit the correct routing number but he is not reachable..

Please help me on how do i solve this problem..

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Your return is forfeited. Better luck next year.

Wait, actually they just mail you a check.

I did a Google search

From the IRS website,
Generally, if the financial institution recovers the funds and returns them to the IRS, the IRS will send a paper check for that refund out to the taxpayer's last known address on file with the IRS.
After two weeks have passed with no results, file Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund.
If the return has not already posted to our system, you can request for us to stop the direct deposit.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Questions-about-...

What will happen if I enter an incorrect routing or account number?

Be very careful entering your account and routing numbers. IRS will handle account or routing number errors on split refunds the same as for regular direct deposits and mistakes can result in several different scenarios. For example, if:

You omit a digit in the account or routing number of an account and the number does not pass IRSí validation check, IRS will send you a paper check for the entire refund;

You incorrectly enter an account or routing number and your designated financial institution rejects and returns the deposit to IRS, IRS will issue a paper check for that portion of your refund; or

You incorrectly enter an account or routing number that belongs to someone else and your designated financial institution accepts the deposit, you must work directly with the respective financial institution to recover your funds.

If only there was some service to find this information for people, where you could type in what you needed and it would go out into the internet and find it...

I took the "Bing it on" challenge and Google won. /shrugs/

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies..

I should have googled little bit before posting on the forum However, I called the IRS and after 30 min wait time the customer rep told me that they would send the check after 4-6 weeks..

I was little tensed that my money is gone...

maddybeagle said:   http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Questions-about-...

What will happen if I enter an incorrect routing or account number?

Be very careful entering your account and routing numbers. IRS will handle account or routing number errors on split refunds the same as for regular direct deposits and mistakes can result in several different scenarios. For example, if:

You omit a digit in the account or routing number of an account and the number does not pass IRSí validation check, IRS will send you a paper check for the entire refund;

You incorrectly enter an account or routing number and your designated financial institution rejects and returns the deposit to IRS, IRS will issue a paper check for that portion of your refund; or

You incorrectly enter an account or routing number that belongs to someone else and your designated financial institution accepts the deposit, you must work directly with the respective financial institution to recover your funds.

This was very useful..I missed to read the FAQs on IRS site..Thanks so much

You got semi-lucky. I've done stuff like this before in a commercial account and the bank was manually adjusting the deposit into the account and they were blowing up my phone telling me to change it. On the plus side, this could have been worse, funds at banks that come in bad can just sit at the bank, forcing you to track down the funds and request the funds from the bank.

scrouds said:   You got semi-lucky. I've done stuff like this before in a commercial account and the bank was manually adjusting the deposit into the account and they were blowing up my phone telling me to change it. On the plus side, this could have been worse, funds at banks that come in bad can just sit at the bank, forcing you to track down the funds and request the funds from the bank.

lolwut?

Thanks everyone for your replies..

Last week i received a mail saying that my refund will be sent via check and today i received my check..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014