Momentum Card Pre-Paid 6% 5K

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
depreshun said:   dbond79 said:   depreshun said:   I ACH pushed funds in and set up several billpays on 7/2. The funds were depleted but the billpay status is "not processed" and the merchants have not received payments. If I have to sit through one more minute of this awful elevator music on their apparent eternal hold I will look for the bridge. Anyone have any similar experience and/or a way to get an actual human on the line???
I'm not familiar with Momentum's billpay system, but online bill payments were entered 2 days before a holiday. Payments have not processed as of the day after the holiday. Is there really a cause for concern at this point?

Yes, there is because there is something amiss for sure. I finally got through to someone in Canada, I believe. He said his screen looked different and I even had to send screenshots to show him. He said the funds show as available and to retry the payments. I did, and as expected they were declined due to insufficient funds. They have over $1k of my funds held in limbo. His response was "We are going to forward this issue off to our issuing bank to see what is going on, and as soon as we hear anything we will give you a call.". No funds and no call as of yet.

I have a Vision Premier reloadable card, with a pending billpay from last week showing the same status. I was afraid my card was locked, but this makes it seem like a billpay provider processing issue (assuming they use the same processor) not an individual card issue.

Glitch99 said:   depreshun said:   dbond79 said:   depreshun said:   I ACH pushed funds in and set up several billpays on 7/2. The funds were depleted but the billpay status is "not processed" and the merchants have not received payments. If I have to sit through one more minute of this awful elevator music on their apparent eternal hold I will look for the bridge. Anyone have any similar experience and/or a way to get an actual human on the line???
I'm not familiar with Momentum's billpay system, but online bill payments were entered 2 days before a holiday. Payments have not processed as of the day after the holiday. Is there really a cause for concern at this point?

Yes, there is because there is something amiss for sure. I finally got through to someone in Canada, I believe. He said his screen looked different and I even had to send screenshots to show him. He said the funds show as available and to retry the payments. I did, and as expected they were declined due to insufficient funds. They have over $1k of my funds held in limbo. His response was "We are going to forward this issue off to our issuing bank to see what is going on, and as soon as we hear anything we will give you a call.". No funds and no call as of yet.

I have a Vision Premier reloadable card, with a pending billpay from last week showing the same status. I was afraid my card was locked, but this makes it seem like a billpay provider processing issue (assuming they use the same processor) not an individual card issue.

Unrelated to this thread but related to this issue - my billpay from friday still hasnt processed, and I now have 2 other cards with billpays that are now hung up too. In the past they've always processed same-day.

Glitch99 said:   Glitch99 said:   depreshun said:   dbond79 said:   depreshun said:   I ACH pushed funds in and set up several billpays on 7/2. The funds were depleted but the billpay status is "not processed" and the merchants have not received payments. If I have to sit through one more minute of this awful elevator music on their apparent eternal hold I will look for the bridge. Anyone have any similar experience and/or a way to get an actual human on the line???

Unrelated to this thread but related to this issue - my billpay from friday still hasnt processed, and I now have 2 other cards with billpays that are now hung up too. In the past they've always processed same-day.

Yeah, same here on the Momentum card. I rattled their cage again this morning. Still no resolve.

depreshun said:   Glitch99 said:   Glitch99 said:   depreshun said:   dbond79 said:   depreshun said:   I ACH pushed funds in and set up several billpays on 7/2. The funds were depleted but the billpay status is "not processed" and the merchants have not received payments. If I have to sit through one more minute of this awful elevator music on their apparent eternal hold I will look for the bridge. Anyone have any similar experience and/or a way to get an actual human on the line???

Yeah, same here on the Momentum card. I rattled their cage again this morning. Still no resolve.

I did not hear back from Momentum. However, my payments now show as "processed" and 1 of the 2 merchants I paid shows the funds received. I still do believe this problem wasn't going to sort itself out without interaction with Momentum.

depreshun said:   
I did not hear back from Momentum. However, my payments now show as "processed" and 1 of the 2 merchants I paid shows the funds received. I still do believe this problem wasn't going to sort itself out without interaction with Momentum.

Same here, atleast one of my three have shaken loose (havent checked the other 2).

I'm sure it would've resolved itself eventually, the question is how long would it have taken for them to realize there was an issue needing fixed...

Got this while walking around Honolulu. Lots of deft navigation needed to avoid fees.

Deft fee navigation issues is a conversation starter with the young Filipina girl at the Atkinson store.

Today, I have (2) back-to-back failed vanilla reload attempts. The momentum account still seems active but I wonder...

There have been several reports of lower-than-T&C-listed reload limits on VRs with Momentum. I wouldn't use that as a definitive indication of a problem. I've heard of folks waiting a month and trying again and then having success. Many reports of only $1,000 VR per month max.

debentureboy said:   There have been several reports of lower-than-T&C-listed reload limits on VRs with Momentum. I wouldn't use that as a definitive indication of a problem. I've heard of folks waiting a month and trying again and then having success. Many reports of only $1,000 VR per month max.

That makes sense! Thanks for that info, debentureboy.

Anyone else having trouble accessing their account by internet and phone these days? Internet stopped working for me inexplicably and phone doesn't even think I exist

debtblag said:   Anyone else having trouble accessing their account by internet and phone these days? Internet stopped working for me inexplicably and phone doesn't even think I exist

I can log in at this link:

https://secure3.galileoprocessing.com/acct4/loginResponse.php?ls...

Me too.

debtblag said:   Anyone else having trouble accessing their account by internet and phone these days? Internet stopped working for me inexplicably and phone doesn't even think I existDoes your card still work? Your account may be locked - call and ask. While I don't have this card, a couple other prepaids I use are serviced by the same Galileo company, and they cut off all access when they froze my account for ID verification (which was very easy, email copies of ID, and was unlocked within a day or two.).

depreshun said:   debentureboy said:   There have been several reports of lower-than-T&C-listed reload limits on VRs with Momentum. I wouldn't use that as a definitive indication of a problem. I've heard of folks waiting a month and trying again and then having success. Many reports of only $1,000 VR per month max.

That makes sense! Thanks for that info, debentureboy.

Today, I was able to load (1) VR but the second one failed. I also immediately did (3) billpays and they all processed within 5-10 minutes. It would appear they now have the payment processing issue sorted out.

Glitch99 said:   debtblag said:   Anyone else having trouble accessing their account by internet and phone these days? Internet stopped working for me inexplicably and phone doesn't even think I existDoes your card still work? Your account may be locked - call and ask. While I don't have this card, a couple other prepaids I use are serviced by the same Galileo company, and they cut off all access when they froze my account for ID verification (which was very easy, email copies of ID, and was unlocked within a day or two.).

Just called the voice line and -- after much waiting -- found out they locked my card because it appeared I was making deposits from a business account. I did not make deposits from a business account, but the CSR was quick to unlock the account once I said that.

I just got this card last Friday. I kept getting errors after a few vanilla loads. Per their TSR, VR limit appears to be $2,500 per month. Better than nothing I guess.

I've been having difficulty linking this card's ACH info to my Alliant account as an external transfer account. Alliant deletes the account info automatically and does not notify me; Momentum blocked my online access and after I called in warned me that further direct deposits without a name (Alliant trial deposits) would result in the closure of my account. Other posters indicated ACH linking difficulties, yet none indicated a real working solution. Has anyone successfully linked the m account to a major bank's transfer system? Any other ways to ensure an appropriately-coded transfer (Popmoney?)?

BlackKnight85 said:   I just got this card last Friday. I kept getting errors after a few vanilla loads. Per their TSR, VR limit appears to be $2,500 per month. Better than nothing I guess.
  Interesting choice. I just went with the ACH. It was more than a little headache, but now that's it's in there, it'll be a fine place to park a little bit of liquidity with minimal maintenance going forward -- namely using bill pay to transfer out $75 worth of interest every quarter

Does anyone have multiple cards? I don't see anything in the T&C, but am reluctant to rock the boat...

Got the card and found this old thread?  Is there confirmation the limit is 2500 a month for loading VR?  Also, how are you exiting the money out?  Anybody have successful ACH pulls going?  Can you do billpay to an individual?  I'm not seeing credit cards as an option for billpaying.  Best I see for me is $500 from free ATM for $2 fee?

dbl118 said:   Got the card and found this old thread?  Is there confirmation the limit is 2500 a month for loading VR?  Also, how are you exiting the money out?  Anybody have successful ACH pulls going?  Can you do billpay to an individual?  I'm not seeing credit cards as an option for billpaying.  Best I see for me is $500 from free ATM for $2 fee?

Well... I have had the black card for almost a year.  I have loaded VR's to it before but never in large quantities and sometimes they wouldn't load.  I have tried again recently and am getting an error code 29 on VR's site.  Momentum sent me the following response which doesn't help in my case as I can't get any VR's to load currently...

"The minimum load limit is $20 and the maximum limit is $500. There is a maximum of 2 loads per day and 5 loads in a 30 day rolling time frame. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact customer service. Thank you, www.momentumcard.com Toll-Free Account Information Line: 866-914-6051 Customer Service: 866-914-6051"

I have found my CC's in their clunky billpay system and successfully paid them.

I've added my CC's name/address to the billpay manually and it sends them a check.

Thanks for the response you two.  I guess now I need to figure out how to add manually...the billpay site definitely isn't user friendly.

Any inactivity fees or closure for inactivity for this?

Can anybody offer up more assistance on billpay? 
1.  I see no credit cards available as bill pay.
2.  I see no place where they allow you to add your own.
3.  Can you go to the credit card site and pay the bill from that end, sucking it out of the debit card or savings account?

dbl118 said:   Can anybody offer up more assistance on billpay? 
3.  Can you go to the credit card site and pay the bill from that end, sucking it out of the debit card or savings account?

I have the older black card.  I just logged in and went into click-n-pay.  I have Chase, AMEX, BOA credit card accounts saved and have sent payments to them.  I selected "search directory" and searched for a few.  "Chase" yields a list of options that includes "chase credit card".  "Bank of America" yields a big list of credit card links.  You have to click on them and select the one that includes your card prefix.  The groups are listed like this "442862##########".  American Express has an "all products" link.  Unless you have a different site with a newer card you should be able to get to these, as well.  Good luck.

is anyone else just having a hard time finding VR's... I mean I have 4 CVS's local and they NEVER have any... driving me nuts

s3riously said:   
dbl118 said:   Can anybody offer up more assistance on billpay? 

I have the older black card.  I just logged in and went into click-n-pay.  I have Chase, AMEX, BOA credit card accounts saved and have sent payments to them.  I selected "search directory" and searched for a few.  "Chase" yields a list of options that includes "chase credit card".  "Bank of America" yields a big list of credit card links.  You have to click on them and select the one that includes your card prefix.  The groups are listed like this "442862##########".  American Express has an "all products" link.  Unless you have a different site with a newer card you should be able to get to these, as well.  Good luck.

Thanks.  Yes, my site looks different.  I see none of that and I have looked.  I have done an experiment to try and suck money out of my savings account from chase using the account number provided and Bancroft's routing number. 

My experiment to pull money out of my savings account failed and chase hit me with a fee.  Can anybody confirm what the routing number is for momentum bank?  Right now I'm not sure how to get my money out of there.

dbl, I don't have this card yet (haven't driven the 2+ hrs yet to the nearest check cashing place that has them), but I noticed you mentioned your experiment to pull money from your "savings" account failed. Is Momentum like Mango where you have two separate balances within your account, one for savings and one for the prepaid card? If so, maybe the CC billpay pull is hitting the other balance?

031101169 is listed on my account, but I don't do DD, so I haven't tried it. It listed the depository as Bancorp. Bancorp's routing number is also associated with my PayPal, Account Now and Netspend accounts. If you want my account numbers, that'll cost you extra.

dbond79 said:   Is Momentum like Mango where you have two separate balances within your account, one for savings and one for the prepaid card? 

Yes, it's pretty much exactly the same.

I called customer service today (long wait) and I do have some more information.

As I suspected, the blue card is their new card, and it does not have access to credit cards payments anymore.  I don't know if people with the black card will continue their access forever, or they will be converted to the blue card terms too.
The guy said the savings account is simply for savings and money can only go to the checking account from there.  I asked if you can ACH money out of the checking, and he said no, but who knows if that's true.  The fact that you can direct deposit money in suggests maybe you could get it out.  I had been trying to get it out of the savings account with my ACH pull, so my experiment was a waste of my time/money.

I did use it at a wawa ATM to withdraw $500 and was hit with a $2 fee, which matches what that their terms say.  That's a reasonable deal in my mind, so unless anybody else wants to try an ACH transfer from the checkings, I'll just stick with the ATM route. 

I think it's in everybody's best interest to keep this quiet, but I suggest everybody revisit the loading limits of your card.  I have the blue one.  It's clearly changed for the positive.

Got my card in December, realized at the end of January that the interest wasn't nearly adding up to 6%. I was told that the savings account are actually not available yet for the new card (which matches what the website says), but for whatever reason you were able to open one up in December. So anyone who gets the new card

- May not be able to open a savings account at all
- If you do you probably won't get 6%
- If you have an open savings account on the new card it may be closed

Well, after having some success, seem to be back to normal load limit.

In fact, even WORSE, because now I am limited to 31 days rather than 30 (I have gCal set to the minute for reloads).

Any similar problems?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014