• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Another Navy Federal Promotion!

Link

This week is all about our Active Duty, reserve, Guard, and retired military members. To show our appreciation for your service, we're offering the following specials—just for you! But hurry—these offers are only available May 4-11.

Give Membership. Get Money!
Everybody loves a little extra cash. Refer a member of the armed forces to join, and you'll each get $40.1
Download the form.

Maximize Your Savings
Take your savings to the next level with a Military Appreciation Certificate.
This certificate offers a 12-month term with a $25 minimum balance and a $5,000 maximum balance2 at 4.00% APY.3
Open Now

Get Cash for Active Duty Checking®4
Open or convert to an Active Duty Checking account, which requires a qualifying Military Direct Deposit, and get $40.5

Transfer Your Balance and Save
Open a new Navy Federal credit card, and you can save on monthly payments and consolidate payments by transferring your credit card balance for a 0% fixed intro APR for six months. Plus, get a 0% fixed intro APR on purchases for six months. After that, a variable rate between 7.99% APR and 18% APR will apply to both balances transferred and purchases.8 Use Promo Code 24220. Apply Now

Refinance and Get $300!6
Bring your auto loan to Navy Federal and get a low rate and $300. Plus, there's no refinance charge. That's a whole lot of savings!
Apply Now

Save on Your Next Loan
Great rates get even lower with a 1/4% APR discount7 on loans, just for you. This includes auto, motorcycle, boat, and personal loans.
Call or visit a branch now.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Instead of fraudulently claiming that you deserve something intended for current/former members of the military, why not... (more)

NEDeals (May. 09, 2013 @ 10:36p) |

Just got a letter about the Direct Deposit requirement, didn't realize we needed to do this. Can I ACH transfer from els... (more)

calisoldier83 (Jul. 28, 2013 @ 7:26p) |

Doubtful. Even an allotment from a legitimate paycheck wasn't good enough since it was clearly identified as incoming al... (more)

SSG (Jul. 28, 2013 @ 8:36p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

just "a little" small print you forgot to mention...

Offers only available during May 4-11. 1This offer may not be combined with any other new-member offers at the time of account opening. Eligible referees include Active Duty, retired, reserve, and Guard of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Any current NFCU member may be a referring member. Accounts must be in good standing for credits to be processed. Recruiters are not eligible to refer recruits. $5 minimum balance to open and maintain savings account and to obtain bonus. Annual Percentage Yield 0.25%, effective 7/10/12. Bonus deposited within seven days of account opening. Program must be mentioned at time of joining for account to be credited. Fees may reduce earnings, and rates may change. Limit 10 referrals per member. Navy Federal employees and their immediate family are not eligible to participate in the referral program. 2Limit one Military Appreciation Certificate per member. Certificate owner(s) age 18 and older must have Direct Deposit of Net Pay (minimum $300 per direct deposit) and a Navy Federal checking account within 90 days of certificate issue date. If these requirements are not met, your Military Appreciation Certificate dividend rate will be reduced to the prevailing dividend rate of the standard EasyStartSM Certificate for the remainder of the certificate’s term. Additional deposits can be made at any time. Penalty for early withdrawal. At maturity, the Military Appreciation Certificate will mature into a $100 minimum balance, standard EasyStart Certificate. 3Annual Percentage Yield. Certificate APY effective 5/4/13. 4To be eligible for this account, the member must be Active Duty, retired, or reserve military, and must have a qualifying Military Direct Deposit of Net Pay, which posts to the Active Duty Checking account within 90 days. If the Direct Deposit stops for more than 90 days, the account converts to an EveryDay Checking account. No minimum balance to open and maintain Active Duty Checking account and to obtain bonus. Annual Percentage Yield 0.05%, effective date 4/4/13. Bonus deposited within 30 days of account opening. Program must be mentioned at time of opening for account to be credited. Fees may reduce earnings, and rates may change. 5Excludes members who join via Parris Island or Great Lakes. 6This offer cannot be combined with other consumer loan offers. This offer is not valid on existing Navy Federal Credit Union loans. To qualify, refinance applications must be submitted between May 4 and May 11, 2013. Refinanced loan must be in good standing after 60 days of origination in order to receive offer. $300 will be credited to the primary applicant's savings account between 61 and 65 days of the loan origination date. If the refinanced loan is canceled or paid off in the first 60 days of origination, the $300 offer will become invalid. 7Direct Deposit is required. Applications accepted at a branch and by phone only. Rate discounts can be applied, but cannot bring the rate below the 1.49% APR minimum. 8Purchase rates based on creditworthiness. ATM cash advance fees: None if performed at a Navy Federal branch or ATM. Otherwise, $0.50 per domestic transaction or $1.00 per overseas transaction. Foreign transaction fees: 0.80% of transaction amount if in U.S. dollars, 1% of transaction amount if must convert to U.S. dollars. Foreign transaction fees do not apply to Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards. Annual fee for Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card is $49. Annual fee for goRewards® card is $18. Credit card purchases will accrue interest unless the balance is paid in full by the next due date. To avoid paying interest on purchases, you must pay your entire balance by the next due date, including balances transferred under this promotion. Offer valid for balances transferred from other card-issuer accounts. No rewards points on balance transfers. Excludes Navy Federal Business cards.

I did this last year - I also got to refer each of my family members and they all got $40 each too.
If you qualify for a membership and want to get your $40, make sure you get referred by someone, otherwise you won't get the bonus.
Best Credit Union out there!

Also did this last time. Then referred DW for $40 each. Great deal and a great credit union.

Thanks OP! This is a great deal, I also still remember the last time they did this, it was the best deal last year (of course being capped at such a low amount keeps me from totally jumping up and down)

Green. Thanks OP.
Just a heads up for folks. When you refer someone, sometimes you need to follow up and it can be a pain. I referred both my mom and dad last go around. They ended up saying my dad referred my mom, and some random guy we'd never heard of got the credit for referring my mom. It took 7 months of frustration, but we finally figured out that the day they signed up my mom, the rep had fat fingers, and the random guy had a NFCU number one digit different than mine.

So if you refer someone - keep good records. Who referred who, what date did your referral sign up, etc.

That being said, I didn't do the car re-fi last go around, but maybe I'll go for it this time.

any chance for non military. I am ok with donation.

ggmon said:   any chance for non military. I am ok with donation.

There's no donation way to get in.

Thanks OP. While the fine print doesn't non-military from the auto loan promotion, a popup window makes you say "yes" to a military affiliation question before continuing.

looks like you have to have direct deposit of $300+ into checking in order to get the 4% CD.

Wonder how happy they would be to know I'm gonna use 5K BT money from their CC offer to buy their 4% CD :-P
I'll pay off the CC with other cash in 6 mo.

Appears offers are for military ONLY.
I am a member of NFCU, but not military, so I don't qualify. I have a 3% CD.

Thanks OP. In 4 1 Military Appreciation Certificate.

okashiraaa said:   Appears offers are for military ONLY.

No, the referral bonus is for referring military only: "Eligible referees include Active Duty, retired, reserve, and Guard of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Any current NFCU member may be a referring member."

The other items do not refer to any military requirement.

okashiraaa said:   Appears offers are for military ONLY.

If you are a member, I think you should qualify for the 4% CD. How about give them a call?

The offers are for military appreciation week, not member appreciation week. You can qualify by signing up with the branch of your choice and getting the full military experience, including long deployments and possibly the ultimate sacrifice.

There's lots of great things about a career in the military of course, and one of them is an exclusive offer from Navy FCU.

NEDeals said:   The offers are for military appreciation week, not member appreciation week. You can qualify by signing up with the branch of your choice and getting the full military experience.
I did, 83-89, Navy.....
But I still can not get in on the referral bonus this time.

is there any way to become a member and qualify?

I did call NFCU 4% CD offer military only

jomarrod said:   I did this last year - I also got to refer each of my family members and they all got $40 each too.
If you qualify for a membership and want to get your $40, make sure you get referred by someone, otherwise you won't get the bonus.

Dumb question... if I'm a vet, do my siblings count as immediate family for referral?

debtblag said:   jomarrod said:   I did this last year - I also got to refer each of my family members and they all got $40 each too.

Dumb question... if I'm a vet, do my siblings count as immediate family for referral?

if you retired from the military they can join based on your qualification, then refer you which will give you the $40 bonus but I doubt you can do all this before the promo ends.
However being just a "vet" does not qualify you or your family for membership... kinda messed up IMO.

hm. im a member of navy federal but not part of the military. i guess i'm not eligible for the 4% CD or checking bonus, though I have a feeling that they won't take the time to verify military status at least for the 4% CD.

CC funding??

SegaRob said:   hm. im a member of navy federal but not part of the military. i guess i'm not eligible for the 4% CD or checking bonus, though I have a feeling that they won't take the time to verify military status at least for the 4% CD.

Instead of fraudulently claiming that you deserve something intended for current/former members of the military, why not focus your efforts on legitimate FWF money making techniques?

Just got a letter about the Direct Deposit requirement, didn't realize we needed to do this. Can I ACH transfer from elsewhere to satisfy the requirement?

calisoldier83 said:   Just got a letter about the Direct Deposit requirement, didn't realize we needed to do this. Can I ACH transfer from elsewhere to satisfy the requirement?

Doubtful. Even an allotment from a legitimate paycheck wasn't good enough since it was clearly identified as incoming allotment - I got the same letter. I had to make my actual paycheck DD into Navy Federal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014